One in a Million

That L Word

Zach’s POV:

“Zach, can we go home?” Lyssa asks when I get back to her, Emma, and Jordan.

“Sure, are you okay?” I ask her and I think I see tears in her eyes.

“I’m fine, just tired. It is almost 11.” She says and heads for the door. Emma and Jordan glare at me then follow her.

“Why do I have a bad feeling about this?” I ask the guys.

“Because Andrea’s here and now Lyssa wants to leave.” Cameron tells me. I really hope Andrea didn’t get to Lyssa before me.

“This isn’t going to end well.” I say and run after the girls. “Allow me to get the door.” I say and Lyssa smiles.

“I love you.” Lyssa says then her eyes widen. “I’m sorry, it just slipped out.”

“Don’t worry about it.” I kiss her and she kisses me back. Maybe Andrea didn’t get to her at all; maybe she really is just tired.

“That was nice.” Lyssa is grinning and blushing. We slide into the limo and the other four follow in. Cameron shuts the door and we head for Lyssa’s.

“How about this one?” I ask her and kiss her again.

“Nice, but the first one was better because it was our first kiss.” She smiles at me.

“Come back to reality.” Michael says. Emma, Jordan, and Cameron start laughing.

“They do this all the time; it’s nothing new.” Jordan informs Mikey and he looks at us.

“Well then, looks like you two are in love.” He says and I blush. I glance at Lyssa who is hiding her face. I move her hair back.

“Don’t hide.” I tell her again.

“Sorry, I can’t help it.” She puts her head on my shoulder and falls asleep.

“Uhm, what do I do?” I ask Emma and Jordan when we get back to Lyssa’s. “Should I wake her up or not?” I ask them.

“Lyssa, we’re at your house!” Jordan yells and Lyssa jumps up hitting her head on the roof.

“Ow.” She says but she’s laughing. “Don’t I just have amazing friends?” She asks me sarcastically.

“Just the best, kind of like mine.” I say back sarcastically.

“We are right here.” Michael says.

“Good, glad you know we think you guys are great.” Lyssa says.

“We are perfect.” Emma kisses Mikey and he pushes her up against the limo. It’s completely disgusting; a move straight from one of those chick flicks I don’t watch.

“Seriously, you two?” Lyssa asks and Emma walks away.

“We can’t help it.” She says and the guys walk their girls up to the door.

“Did you mean it, Lyssa, when you said you love me?” I ask her and she looks at the ground. She’s silent for a second.

“Yeah, I meant it.” She looks me in the eyes as she says it.

“I love you, too.” I tell her and she smiles. I have never felt this way before about anyone. There’s something special about Lyssa and I have to have it.

“So we’re moving faster than Michael and Emma.” Lyssa jokes with me as I walk her to her front step.

“Do you mind?” I ask her.

“Not at all.” I kiss her again before leaving. Forget Andrea, I have Lyssa.

********************************