One in a Million

Secrets Revealed

Alyssa’s POV:

Zach and I avoid each other the rest of the year. Sure I learned he isn’t really with Chloe or Andrea but he’s not making an effort to continue our conversation.

“Alright everyone, you have one week of school left. Write down one thing you’ve always wanted someone in this class to know but never told them. Don’t sign your name, these are secret.” We all write down our papers and hand them in. Mr. Robbins reads off the papers and there are some pretty stupid ones. Kids saying they like someone’s hair or saying they are really smart.

“This one is for Andrea Ross: I think you’re really pretty.” It reads.

“Thanks, mystery kid, I love you.” She says and I want to puke.

“Alright, here’s one for Emma Simmons: This person writes that you have a really good sense of fashion.” Mr. Robbins says and she smiles.

“Really?” Emma says and one girl nods.

“I admire how creative you are.” Emma has always been an odd dresser but she can get away with it.

“Here is one for Jordan Baker: I know you are the one but I’m too shy to tell you because it’s early.” We all turn to look at Cameron who waves to her. She runs over to him and hugs him.

“Cam, it is never too early.” She says and then comes back to us. Mr. Robbins looks for the next paper.

“Do you think he’s going to propose?” Emma asks.

“I hope so; I really like him.” She looks back at him and they smile at each other.

“Ahh, here is one for Cameron Quiseng: I love you with all my heart. It looks like we have a pair of lovebirds here.” He smiles at Jordan and Cameron.

“There are only two more slips here.” Mr. Robbins shakes his hat.

“Which means it’s probably yours to Zach and his to yours.” Jordan smiles.

“Hang on, who said we wrote to each other?” I ask Jordan.

“Because we know you two would do that. Come on, tell us what you wrote him.” Emma begs me and I won’t tell them.

“This paper is for Zach Porter.” Zach looks at me and I nod.

“Listen to Mr. Robbins and you’ll hear what I wrote Zach."

“I’ve given up but there’s still a chance. Well, Zach, maybe you should find your mystery person.” Mr. Robbins says and everyone laughs.

“Lyssa, this is amazing.” Emma tells me.

“You and Zach could get back together.” Jordan whispers.

“But that would mean he tells me everything and he’s kind of avoided me since the beginning of the school year. I think we’re done.”

“Don’t say that, okay? Just give him a chance to explain.” Emma begs me and I will if he ever talks to me again.

“Everyone quiet down, I am sure Lyssa Thornton would like to hear what hers is.”

“Yes, sir.” I just have a feeling it’s going to be from Zach.

“I’ve always loved you. Those girls mean nothing.” Yeah, that’s from Zach. The bell rings and I run out of the class room.

“Lyssa, can we talk?” Zach asks me.

**********************