One in a Million

Chloe....Helps?

Zach’s POV:

“Okay, talk to me, Zach.” Lyssa crosses her arms. Emma walks by and squeezes her shoulder.

“Tell me everything next hour.” She says and walks off. Jordan and Cameron walk out holding hands. He already has the ring and he’ll probably propose next week after graduation.

“Hurry, Zach, you only have six minutes.” Lyssa tells me. Andrea walks by and smiles at me.

“Lyssa, I am so sorry about everything. I felt pain when Andrea left me, but when you broke up with me, it was like I was dying a horrible death.” I tell her.

“You’ve lied to me before. How do I know you aren’t lying now?” She asks me.

“I know I’ve lied and I was wrong for it. It wasn’t any way to start out our relationship. Lyssa, the words I spoke were lies but the way I felt was all true. When I said I loved you, I meant it. When I said you made me happy, I meant it.”

“So let’s assume all of this makes sense and I forgive you. I can’t just go right back to trusting you again because you did lie so much and so easily.”

“And I wouldn’t expect it to be normal right away. I know it will take time and I’m willing to wait all that time. Lyssa, please, I never stopped loving you.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me?” She asks me.

“You weren’t exactly willing to listen to me. Then I tried to tell you in September but Chloe kind of ruined that.”

“She ruins everything.”

“Don’t let her ruin us.” I beg Lyssa. I just need a second chance from her; a chance to show her how much I love her.

“I’ll think about it, Zach.” Lyssa says as the warning bell rings.

“Still going after my pathetic cousin?” Chloe asks me.

“Leave me alone. I will not ask again because I am not against hitting a girl.” I say and start to walk off.

“You don’t want her.” I turn around and look Chloe in the eyes.

“Yes, I do want her. Don’t you dare tell me who I want or not. Andrea gave up like she should have so why don’t you?” It’s not a question and she knows it. I turn back around and Lyssa kisses me.

“Thank you, Zach. I heard all of that. I know you’re not lying to me now so of course we can try again. It won’t be the same yet, but we can get there.” Lyssa tells me and I smile.

“Okay, then let me take you out tonight.” I say and she smiles.

“Pick me up at 6. You know where I leave.” She kisses me again and runs off to class.

“Why are you smiling?” Cameron asks me when I sit down. I barely got in before the bell.

“Lyssa forgave me and we are going out tonight.” I tell him and he smiles.

“You should have spoken to her long before.” Cameron says thinking he was right.

“Actually, it was Chloe. I told Chloe off and Lyssa heard me. She said she forgives me and we can try again.”

“That’s great, Zach.”

“Yeah, it really is.” I tell him. Everything’s like it should be.

******************************