One in a Million

One In a Million

Alyssa’s POV:

We are at Zach’s house for our graduation party.

“This is beautiful.” Jordan says to Cameron. He just proposed to her yesterday right after graduation was over.

“Now look who’s about to go into their own world.” Zach jokes as he holds me close to him.

“Hey, watch it.” Cameron warns him. Zach kisses me. Yes, I trust him again even though a week ago I told him it wouldn’t be the same.

“Guys, let’s behave tonight, okay?” I ask them.

“Poor, naïve, Lyssa. We guys don’t behave for anything.” Michael says and I laugh.

“Hopefully you’ll behave at Cameron and Jordan’s wedding.” I say and Jordan looks at me.

“Let’s not talk about it right now. Our parents are still letting it sink in so we won’t be planning for a while.”

“And there’s the fact our boys are going to be famous in a couple years.” Emma says and I move Zach’s arm.

“You okay?” He asks me and I shake my head. He leads me up to his room and shuts the door. “What’s going on now?”

“I want you guys to get big and famous, really, but I just don’t want to wonder if Chloe, Andrea, or some other girl is getting to you.”

“Not this again.” He says and now I’m kind of angry.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I ask him.

“I don’t want to argue over this anymore. Lyssa, I really do love you no matter what’s happened in the past. Didn’t you realize that when we were apart?” He asks me.

“Yeah, I saw it. I saw how you couldn’t even talk to me.” I say and he won’t look at me now. “That’s what I thought. I’m just one girl out of a million.” I say and start to leave.

“No, Lyssa, you’re everything. You’re one in a million to me.” He says and I turn around.

“Really?” I ask him and he nods. I feel tears start and he starts to wipe them away. “Let these fall.”

“As long as you’re happy.” He holds me close and then he does the last thing I expected right now. Zach gets down on one knee.

“What are you doing?” I ask him even though I already know.

“Alyssa Thornton, I have loved you for a long time even after we broke up. We both know we were never over the other. Will you marry me?” He asks.

“Yes!” I yell. He puts the ring on my finger then spins me around. We walk back downstairs and everyone is starting at us. I hold up my hand.

“This is amazing!” Emma yells and hugs me.

“I am so happy for you two.” Jordan says.

“Good job, Zach.” Michael says and the guys fist bump.

“Did I just hear that right? Is my son really engaged?” Mrs. Porter is standing in the doorway smiling at us. I walk over and show her the ring.

“You heard right, Mrs. Porter.” She has been amazing. She hugs me then leaves us alone again. Around 7 Zach drives me home.

“Mr. and Mrs. Thornton?” They walk out.

“We’re engaged.” I say and they hug me.

“You’re what? To who?”

“Chloe?” Of course she would be in my house now.

************************
.