One in a Million

4 More Years

Alyssa’s POV:

“Zach, we’re really getting married!” I yell before I leave for college and Zach smiles.

“Yes, we are. Has it still not sunk in?” Zach asks me and I look at the ground.

“No, it hasn’t.”

“It’s okay; it hasn’t sunk in for me either.” He tells me and I look back up. I avoided the dorm room by renting an apartment with Zach near the college.

“When are we going to do this?” I ask him because I want to get married, just not for a while.

“You let me know when you’re ready.” He tells me.

“Maybe a few years after I’ve been in college. How about sometime around my junior year of college?” I ask him and he smiles.

“That sounds perfect.”

“The colors could be blue and green. How does that sound to you?” I ask him and he laughs.

“Sure, Lyssa, they work well together. I love you and I’ll be fine with whatever we decide. Now, go to college and don’t be late.” Zach kisses me and I leave.

“Hey there, cousin.” Chloe says and I smile.

“Hi, Chloe.” She has completely changed and I don’t see any signs of her going back. She’s the same Chloe I used to know.

“Are you ready for today?” She asks me and I roll my eyes.

“Not even close. I would rather be at home with Zach planning our wedding.” I think I see hurt flash across her face but it disappears.

“How far have you gotten?” Chloe asks me.

“We know it’ll be at least my junior year of college and the colors will be blue and green. Zach said he’s happy with anything we plan.”

“I’m really happy for you two. Can I be honest?” Chloe asks and we sit outside our first class.

“Sure, what’s up?” I ask her.

“To be completely honest with you, I never liked Zach. I heard you, Jordan, and Emma talking. Once I knew you liked him and he liked you, I wanted him.”

“Do you still feel that way?” I ask her. She never even liked him?

“No, I really am glad you two are getting married. Lyssa, you and Zach deserve each other and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.”

“Thanks, Chloe.” I say and we hug. I look at my phone and see it’s time for class to start.

“Here we go, four more years of our life spent at school.”

“Except this time we have each other’s backs.” I say and she smiles at me. Jordan and Emma run up to us and we walk into the only class we all have together.

“Welcome to college, everyone. Your lives will never be the same.” Our professor says and we look at each other.

“Is it going to be torture?” Chloe asks and our professor laughs.

“This class won’t because it’s your Intro to College course. You will have a lot of work but you’ll be in pairs to get a feel for this.”

“We going for a group of four?” I ask the girls.

“Of course we are.” Jordan says and I know college will be amazing. I can’t wait to tell Zach about it.

***********************