One in a Million

Fairy Tale Moment

Alyssa’s POV:

“I can’t believe this is really happening!” Jordan yells when she walks into our changing area.

“Neither can I.” I tell her and we hug.

“Don’t cry now, girls, because I did my make-up early.” Emma runs in and joins the hug.

“Alright, make room for the family.” Chloe says and my mom runs in, too. Mrs. Porter is standing in the door way.

“Come on, Kate, you’re going to be my mom soon.” She smiles and walks over to us.

“I’m not sure I’m ready for this.” Mrs. Porter tells us and I smile.

“Well it’s here.” My mom says before I can say anything.

“Trust me, Mrs. Martinez and my mom were just like this but they both got used to it yesterday.” Emma jokes. “Honestly, though, they are used to it.”

“And Mrs. Quiseng can’t wait for Cam and I to get married.” Jordan adds in.

“You girls are so lucky.” Chloe sits down and I think she’s going to cry but she keeps herself strong.

“Come on, Chloe, you’ll find the right guy one day. We all know he’s out there somewhere waiting to find you.” She smiles.

“I’m sorry I was so horrible to you.”

“Don’t be sorry, you’ve made up for it.” I say and we hug and cry like the girls we are.

“No, don’t start this now.” My mom says and I wipe my tears away.

“Alright, we should get dressed, shouldn’t we?” I ask as the wedding planner runs in.

“Here is your dress, Lyssa, and it has been in my safe care since you bought it.” I unzip the bag and pull it out.

“Wow, this is mine.” I put it on and spin around. “I feel like a princess.”

“Then get ready to go marry your prince.” Jordan tells me.

“Oh no, I forgot to have someone do my hair! What am I going to do?” I start freaking out and Emma throws down her bag.

“Did you forget what I was going to college for?” She asks and shoves me into a chair. She grabs everything she needs and has my hair done in an hour.

“You are a life saver!” I yell and she smiles.

“Anything for my best friend.” She says and I want to hug her but I don’t want to mess my hair up. She put it up in a braid with a piece left out.

“You girls look beautiful.” Mrs. Porter snaps a picture.

“I’m really happy to be joining the Porter family.” I tell her and she smiles at me.

“I am happy to have you be the next Mrs. Porter. It’s about time I become grandma.” She says and I hold my hands up.

“That will have to wait a few more years. I start my last year of college in a month and I would like to get through it baby free.”

“And that is what I wanted to here.” She hugs me and my dad walks in.

“It’s time to go.” He takes my hand. My mom and Mrs. Porter walk to get seats. Cameron, Jordan, Michael, Emma, Vic, and Chloe take their spots. I walk down the aisle to begin my life with Zach.

*************************