One in a Million

Chloe's Surprise

Alyssa’s POV:

“Are you ready yet?” Jordan yells at me.

“No, I’m finishing my make up.” I yell back.

“Well I gotta pee so you better hurry up.” I open the bathroom door and step out.

“It’s all yours.” I tell her and head back to my room where the three of us are getting ready for homecoming.

“My baby and her friends going to homecoming.” Mom is standing in the doorway and dad snaps a picture of us.

“Dad!” I yell.

“Sorry, just following orders from your mother.” He says and I roll my eyes.

“Chloe is coming over in an hour so we can take a picture of you two. Now don’t go complaining, I know how she is, but just do it for family sake.” Mom begs me.

“Okay, but only for the family.” Mom smiles and walks out to let us change. Jordan walks in the room with a look on her face.

“Why is she coming over?”

“Please, Jor, let’s not even talk about it right now.” I don’t want to think about Chloe, not tonight. I get a text from Zach saying he’ll be a couple minutes late.

“I am so excited for this!” Emma says and we look at her.

“You are such a freaking girl.” Jordan tells her and we laugh.

“Really? You’re saying that to me? The girliest person on this planet.” Emma says and she has a point there.

“Let’s not get into this tonight, girls. We actually have dates with real guys.” I say because I still can’t believe it and I love saying it.

“Heck yeah we do!” Jordan yells and punches the air. An hour later Chloe walks into my room.

“Losers, I need head loser to get a picture.” She says and I roll my eyes. At least we both lead something here.

“Fine, one quick picture.” I say like it’s a horrible effort on my part and she’s an inconvenience to my life. My mom snaps the picture and I run back upstairs.

“So, let’s get this straight. Lyssa may be my cousin and you may be her friends, but you do not even look at me. I’ll be with my friends and I don’t know what you’re doing.” Chloe waves us off.

“Do we have to share the limo with you?” I ask and Chloe looks at me.

“Please, that’s what we’re telling your parents and mine. Melissa is going to follow in her car and I’ll ride in it.” Chloe says and walks back to her house. Fifteen minutes later the girls and I go out when we see the limo.

“Hi, Zach.” I say and I can’t believe this.

“Wait, you’re going with Zach!” Chloe yells.

“Did I forget to mention that part?” I ask her like I’m completely innocent here.

“This is unbelievable! You’ll date my cousin and not me?” Chloe asks in shock.

“Yeah, I will. Now, if you could move, it’s raining and Lyssa is too beautiful to have anything ruined.” Zach kisses me on the cheek and we shut the limo door.

“Ugh!” I hear Chloe yell as the tires spin and splash muddy water on her dress.

************************************