Status: updates whenever i feel like it lol

Memories That Won't Fade

first

It was the 12th of November, and Pat was dragging me out of my house to go buy the new Star Wars video game. On any other day, surely that would be me dragging someone else with me. I just wasn't in the mood, and it was almost winter season. It's the time to be gloomy and all alone in my room enjoying a cup of hot chocolate while watching movies to pass time.

Pat was babbling on and on about how the video game had amazing graphics and awesome sound effects when really, I didn't care. At all. But since he's my best friend, I'd have to put up with it.

Minutes passed and I was starting to get really impatient. I'm not the one to wait and stand and do nothing until something happens. I never understood why they say patience is a virtue, when you could be doing other things that are worth your time.

I could be climbing a mountain right now or exploring the woods; but I'm waiting for Pat to pay for a video game.

After a while, we were finally able to go. We walked towards the exit, Pat rambling about how excited he was to play it on the Xbox.

I opened the door to the house the five of us were sharing, shouting, "We're home!" to no one in particular.

John came running down the stairs, stopping halfway to inform us of a party we were having here tonight.

I groaned, knowing I'll probably just be inside my room being an anti-social fuck like I always am.

Pat made a beeline towards the TV to play his new game, and I decided to watch. I must admit it was pretty cool, all the things Pat said it to be.

People were starting to file inside the house hours later, chatting with each other, drinks in hands. The music playing on the stereo was blaring, and everyone was practically shouting to be heard.

I headed upstairs and went inside my room, grabbing my laptop from my desk. It was only six in the evening so I had a lot of time to watch movies.

Sometimes I'd actually go downstairs and socialize, but I almost never spend more than an hour doing so. Maybe it was because I didn't drink like everyone else in there, or parties just weren't my type of scene.

Halfway through my second movie, I felt my stomach grumbling. I contemplated having to just starve myself for the night, or to get food from the kitchen. I chose the latter.

I shuffled down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen, not stopping to have a conversation with anyone.

When I opened the door, someone was sitting on one of the stools to the island counter. She looked up in anticipation of the low squeaking it made.

Brown wavy hair, brown eyes, and killer lips. God damn, she was pretty. She held a PSP in her hands and a can of Coca Cola in front of her.

I walked towards the fridge and got myself a bottle of the first soft drink I saw. I could feel her stare on my back, and as I went to go push the kitchen door, she stopped me.

"Hey, uh," I turned around and raised my eyebrows. "Do you happen to have a charger for this?" She held the device on one hand and ran the other through her hair.

"Yeah," I nodded my head towards the side, "Come with me."

She hopped down the stool and got her can of soda, following me outside the kitchen. "I'm Toby." She smiled.

"Toby?" I chuckled, looking at her for a second and looking straight again.

"Yeah, short for Tobianne. My parents wanted a name that's appropriate for both genders, I guess."

"Cool, I'm Garrett."

She smirked. "It fits you."

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

She laughed, "I meant you look like a Garrett," She ran a hand through her hair again. "I don't know, sorry." She looked down.

"Nah, it's okay, I sort of get it." I smiled and opened the door to my room. Toby looked at my posters surrounding the walls, her mouth slightly agape.

"Your posters are awesome." She chuckled as I shuffled through my drawers in search for the charger.

"You like Star Wars?" I untangled its cord, plugging it in and connecting it to her PSP.

She sat down on the chair in front of my desk, observing my bedroom. "And Ryan Adams." She laughed.

I looked at her amazed, "That's like, two of my favorite things in the world!"

"I love a lot of things, like punk and rock bands. And Gerard Way." She smiled, showing her teeth. "God, I love Gerard Way."

I chuckled.

"So tell me about your band." She smirked.

"Well, what do you want to know?"

She shrugged, "Anything."

I ran a hand through my hair, "Uh, we just released our third album last January."

"Ah, what's it called?"

"Black and White."

"Creative," She laughed. I looked up at her with a smirk and my eyebrow raised, to which she winked. Oh god, that wink. "What do you play?"

"Bass."

Her face lit up instantly and she smiled, "That's pretty sexy."

I laughed, "Oh really?"

She nodded her head, "Well yeah, not trying to make you uncomfortable or something."

I don't think I've ever smiled any wider. "No! Me? How could I be uncomfortable after a compliment like that?"

She smirked, "Don't be too conceited, Nickelsen."

Our conversation lasted the entire night. We talked and laughed about anything and everything. I don't think I've had this much fun during any party, except for the fact that we weren't actually in the party.
♠ ♠ ♠
so hi
planning this fic was exciting because i had so many ideas for it
but the only problem was that i didn't know how to write them

setting of this was around november 2010???
when garrett didn't have the beard and long hair
/quietly sobs in a corner