Red

One.

Red was not a typical twenty year old, nor average. She quite enjoyed walking outside in the Black Woods for whatever reason, she couldn't tell you why. She was always with her pet crow Gram when she took her walks and he would squawk at her in response to anything she would ask him, that is when she spoke. Red was quiet, perceptive, and always analytic; reserved and a fine wine connoisseur whenever she could find some. She was born in the year 2000, before the Great Blast, and grew up just like any normal kid— that is, any normal kid who never had family. For an unbeknownst reason, the redheaded girl was abandoned when she was but an infant, left in a dumpster with her hospital bracelet still wrapped around her pale wrist. She grew into her freckles and grew out of her baby fat, but she never grew out of being part of an Alley Kid. A woman by the name of Fernie found her and raised her the best way any eighteen year old could. Fernie didn't survive the Great Blast. Not many people did— but Red did. Fernie gave the girl the name Red because she had red hair, and the mother-figure thought Becca never suited any girl.

The Great Blast happened in the year 2013, after waging countries under President Green’s own word clashed, one of them being an eastern country, small and not really under the radar. They had a supply of nuclear weapons no one knew about and blasted away the whole eastern continent, save their own country and some Russia. And then aimed it at the United States of America. President Allen Green stuck his head in the sand and gave the middle finger to everyone else. The bomb landed and wiped out 78% of North America. Even Canada and Mexico got hit. Fernie died of radiation poisoning a year later and Red was long gone across the country. She found herself in Seattle, Washington, but the Emerald City was not recognizable after the Government and economy collapsed. The northwestern state was abandoned and sad looking, but Red had no choice— it was one of the only states that was nearly-safe.

Red stationed herself in an old abandoned mining shaft she had fell into. It was damp and dirty, but a good place to hold out for a while. The thirteen year old girl managed to fix herself a nice home and taught herself how to hunt, what is safe and what isn't and, thanks to Fernie, how to cook and keep safe. Two years later, Red decided it was time to leave, and so she did. The redheaded girl found a town that was flourishing and, with luck, even made some friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, thanks for reading if you read it!
Comments, questions, concerns?
cheers.