Status: Ongoing :)

Deception of Reality

Chapter 4

I didn't know what to do; I didn't know if it was my mind playing tricks on me, or if this was really the real thing. It was him again, but I was too afraid. What if this all was still a dream? Then for sure I would regret finding out, but then again, if this is reality, I will forever hate myself for not chasing him.

I quickly stepped to the end of the isle, watching the strangers back as he looked at some of the products the store had to offer. This was too plain and boring to be a dream, it just had to be real. I know that I wouldn't dream about shopping, if I would my subconscious would have made this a bit more exciting and outrageous.

I slowly and carefully walked towards him, as if he could disappear just like dust in the air. In my mind nothing made sense, I know for sure that the drowning was in a dream, though I'm not sure about the fun fair, so if they were both dreams then he will have no idea who I am and why I am even talking to him, but then again, neither do I. He is a complete stranger who has showed up in my dreams a couple of times, and it has left more of an affect on me than I'd like.

But in all honesty, knowing that I hallucinate and have a short term memory loss, even the most outrageous dreams could be reality, so really, I can't trust my mind one bit. Anything could be real or imaginary, that is what frustrates me most.

I didn't know how to start talking to him, I couldn't exactly start off with saying that he has saved my life multiple times, he will just think I'm a nutcase, not that I'm not...
I have to come up with something, but what? We're in a supermarket, there isn't really much excuse for me to start talking to him.

"These prices just keep getting higher" I muttered as I stood next to him, with the standard personal space distance. Odd and lame, I know, but that was the best I could come up with.

"Yeah, I know" He gave me a smile, well, at least he is nice.
I took a second to absorb his features, I had never really gotten a proper chance, not this close anyway. I do remember his eyes from the time he saved me from the car, but that feels so long ago.

"Its freaking ridiculous" I half whispered. I didn't expect him to hear that, but he did, and chuckled lightly. I didn't think that my comment was that amusing, but I wasn't exactly complaining.

In a few seconds of silence that I was give, I mentally cursed myself that I couldn't come up with something a bit better, and more socially acceptable. I am certain that now he thinks I am some weirdo who has nothing better to do than comment on how high the price of supermarket food is. But I couldn't leave it at just that, if I would he would most likely just walk away, and I would never see him again. Or more like he would keep taunting my dreams, and I would have no chance of actually finding out who he is. So having gotten so close to talking to him, I couldn't just leave.

"I'm Vic" I stated, handing him my hand to shake. This was the most odd way of meeting someone I have ever experienced, but there is a first for everything.

"Kellin" I had half expected him to just stare at me as if I've escaped from the loony bin, but no, it was the complete opposite. He looked kind, and in general he looked like a happy person.

"Do you live around here?" I asked him after we had shared small conversations and just getting to know each other. Well, I say that, but more like we were making fun of the supermarkets stock. Sad, I know, but it was a good way to pass time and get more comfortable around each other.

"Eh, kinda, it takes me about 30 minutes to get here with a car, what about you?"
"Yeah, about 5 minute walk"

It was really easy to talk to him, he came across as honest and very social. He didn't seem to mind my occasional personal questions, and how I had weirdly started talking to him. We exchanged numbers, and he promised to text me later. At this point I was scared to the core, what if this was actually another dream of mine, and I will wake up in a couple of seconds?

----

"I met him yesterday"

"Did you get to talk to him?" By now my therapist knew as soon as I said the word 'him', that it was Kellin who I was talking about. Nearly everyone close to me knew that.

"Yeah" I looked longingly out of the window, letting my brain slowly process the events that had happened not so long ago.
"He said his name was Kellin, and he is a really nice guy"
My therapist nodded and wrote down some notes; I have a feeling that he doesn't believe me, but I wouldn't either if I was in his position. This whole thing is even bizarre to me, I can't even imagine how it must sound to someone who has no experience of hallucinations or lucid dreaming.

"He gave me his number, and I gave him mine, and he said he would text me later"
"And has he?"
"Not yet"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it took me so long to update, I will try harder for the next chapter
and tell me what you think; do you believe Kellin is real, or just a pigment of Vic's imagination?