Chasing Echoes

Six years ago Margo Blackstone ran away from home because she was tired of being a burden of disappoint for not having the magically abilities of her prodigy younger brother. With her new found freedom and name Margo travels through the continent, experiencing everything she can before settling in the capitol city Lumen. For two years Margo is happy in Lumen, but then the celebration of the end of the ten years war known as The Carnival of Light brings in all sorts of people from all over the continent--including the family she left behind.

During the Masked Ball held to help blur the lines between nobles and commoners Margo reveals her secret project when a chandelier comes crashing down on the heads of her and her dancing partner--using a bracelet Margo crafted from metal to form a magic shield. Margo has done the impossible--crafted magic into solid objects--and attracted not only her father's attention but that of one of the Three Kings.

King Marcus wants the ability to perform magic and will do anything in order to gain more power. In the mists of the month long celebration, Marcus is planning to over throw the two other kings. In order to do that, Marcus gathers the strongest magic users--including Margo's brother Sebastian. It's not before long there is discord between magic users and non-magic users, the fights becoming more brutal and violent each time.

It's left up to Margo--a woman trapped between both worlds--to stop the threat of war before their world is thrown into bloody chaos.
  1. 00