Status: Active for now

Underdog, Just Look at the Mess You Made

I'm Staring at the Mess I Made

Jamie's POV

Lunch went well. Krisi hit it off with Josh and Max. They loved her, and so did I. I saw a beautiful friendship forming and I couldn't have been more excited. I knew that Dan, Chris, and Matt would love her too. She was too perfect not to love.

Me, Josh, Max, and Krisi went back to my house for the afternoon. We had a movie marathon and got to know Krisi better. Max was crazy for her already.

"Well, it's getting late. I should probably head home before my dad freaks out." Krisi said, standing up.

Max stood quickly after and stretched.

"Can I walk you?" he said, gesturing towards the door.

Krisi blushed and nodded her head. Me and Josh had a permanent grin on our faces and watched them leave.

"They're gonna fuck." Josh said, standing and heading into my kitchen.

I laughed and followed, sitting on my counter top while he made himself a sandwich.

"Yes, Josh, you can eat all my food."

He turned to me with a mouthful of food and smiled.

"I love you."

I smiled back at him and looked down, thinking. My mind had been flooded with strange thoughts all day, and I didn't want to be alone tonight.

"What's wrong?" Josh asked.

I looked up to see his concerned face inches from mine....and at that moment I was really confused. My heart thudded in my chest, and butterflies erupted in my stomach. I pushed the thoughts out of my mind and tried to regain my composure.

"Jamie?"

I looked away from his perfect blue eyes and focused them on the door.

"Will you stay with me tonight? I don't want to be alone." I said, closing my eyes.

"Have you been having those thoughts again?" he asked quietly.

I just nodded my head and kept my eyes closed. I felt Josh wrap his arms around me, and he rubbed my back. I took deep breaths to stop myself from crying and slowly wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'll stay with you okay? I won't leave you." he whispered.

I heard the door, but didn't let go of him. Max would know what was wrong. I didn't hear either of them speak, but Josh lifted one of his hands for a moment then I heard footsteps and the door close.

"Do you want to go to bed?" he asked, softly.

"I just wanna lay down." I said, hopping off the counter and locking the front door, and heading upstairs.

Josh followed slowly behind me, never letting go of my hand. I went straight for my closet and pulled out a pair of cotton shorts, sweat pants, and two random t shirts. I tossed Josh a shirt and the sweat pants and went into my bathroom to change. Josh had already changed by the time I came out. I went straight for my full length mirror and stared straight ahead. It was part of my nightly routine and therapy. I was supposed to be thinking positive thoughts in the mirror, but all that came to mind was how fat and ugly I felt. Josh showed up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"You're beautiful. Stop it."

"I don't know how to make it stop, Josh."

"Let's lay down and talk. Let's get your mind off of it." he said, pulling me toward the bed.

I pulled the covers up to my chin and faced him. He smiled at me and pulled me close.

"You're gonna get through this, and I'm going to be here the entire time to help. I won't let you do this alone."

I smiled in return, thankful for having such a good person by my side. He was the only one there through it all. The boys knew about it, but they didn't go through what Josh went through with me. They didn't have to put up with me the way he did, but I'm glad it was him.

Josh saved my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh.