Status: Active for now

Underdog, Just Look at the Mess You Made

Kiss Me Again

Jamie's POV

I woke up feeling a little bit better and little creeped out. I had a dream about Josh that I was almost positive wouldn't leave my mind all day. We didn't have sex or anything, but he kissed me, and I had felt like I was flying....then I realized we were flying and that it was on a magic carpet. I had dreamed up some Aladdin bullshit.

I sat up and looked beside me to see no one. I was confused because normally Josh slept longer than me. I checked my phone to see if he texted me saying he left or something, but I got nothing. I got out of my bed and realized that his clothes were still laying on the dresser.

That's strange. Where could he be?

That's when I smelled it. The smell that could brighten anyone's day.

"Pancakes!" I shouted and took off for the stairs.

I heard Josh's laughter from the kitchen and ran to his side.

"Morning baby." he said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"YOU MADE ME BREAKFAST."

He smiled at me with that perfect smile and went right back to flipping pancakes.

"Can we be married now?" I asked him, since he didn't respond.

"Jamie, I already told you, we're getting married in 5 years."

I smiled at my best friend and went to grab plates and silverware. By the time I finished setting the table, food was ready and I was starving. We ate so quickly and left the dishes for later.

"So what are we doing today?" Josh asked me.

"I don't really want to go anywhere...I just wanna lay in bed and watch cheesy movies all day." I replied heading for the stairs.

"I'm okay with that as long as it makes you happy." He said, grabbing my hand as we walked.

It was so warm in mine and the butterflies came back. I was afraid of the feeling at first, but then I stopped to think maybe it wasn't a bad thing. It meant that whatever doubt I had in my feelings for Josh were gone. It was okay to have a crush on him, but it also opened up new doubt in my mind about his feelings for me. There's no way he could ever like me like that. I'm just his friend after all.

I put on the Little Mermaid and climbed into my warm bed and Josh cuddled up beside me. His body was warm and I clutched onto him tightly. I watched the movie but didn't really pay attention. My thoughts were on my dream and Josh.

About half way through the movie I was beginning to nod off, but I could still feel Josh's fingers under the hem of my shirt. His fingertips grazed my skin so softly, and I was alert. I tried not to tense up my body. His touch felt different and I was instantly aware of every move he made. Not too many minutes later, his whole hand was under my shirt, pressed against my skin, gripping my side gently. I felt my breath catch in my throat and I couldn't move. I was frozen.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked.

I nodded my head slowly and looked up at him. His deep blue eyes stared back into mine, and I was locked into place. I felt his grip tighten slightly on my waist and his eyes moved between my eyes and lips. I could tell he was concentrating hard on his next move. He began to lean in and he closed his eyes. I followed suit and smiled as his soft lips met mine.

But then again nothing's always what it seems. I was jolted awake by my phone ringing from the table beside my bed. Josh handed it to me and I checked to see my mom calling. I decided to ignore it and call her back later.

"Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." Josh asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

It was just another fucking dream...
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?