Status: Active for now

Underdog, Just Look at the Mess You Made

Stay With Me

Jamie's POV

The time on my phone glowed 10:16 pm as the nine of us rolled up into this party. The music was loud and most of the people were already drunk. I held onto Josh's hand tightly as we walked through the crowds of people. A few people we graduated with were staring at me, and I couldn't decipher the looks on their faces. I gave them all a fake smile and headed straight for the drinks in the kitchen. I only let go of Josh's hand to take 3 shots of whiskey and make myself a drink which was mostly whiskey and a little vanilla coke.

"Damn. You waste no time." Max said, smelling my drink.

I chuckled and took a big gulp. I was ready to not remember a thing tomorrow.

"Be careful. I don't want to take you to the hospital for alcohol poisoning." Josh laughed.

I just smiled at him and ran off with my girls to do some dancing. After about 10 minutes of dancing, I was already finished with my cup. I nudged Victoria and yelled to her that I was going to make another.

"Do you even feel anything yet??" she yelled back.

I shook my head and said, "No, but when I do it's going to hit me like a fucking truck!"

I started laughing and made my way back into the kitchen where Chris and Dan were taking shots.

"Where's Josh and Max?" I asked as I poured my next drink.

"You know that's a really good question...." Chris said.

I laughed and went back to the dance floor. Once I found my girls I had already downed half this cup, and my vision was getting a little blurred. My mood had lightened quite a bit and I was ready to fucking party. We all laughed and danced so silly that the whole room had divided and was cheering us on. We were all drunk and having a great time. When the song ended everyone applauded us and we all took a bow before heading outside to cool off.

"Hahahahahaha can you believe that whole room just cheered us on like that?" Krisi asked as she stumbled her way to the ground.

We all laughed and sat in a circle facing each other, and that's when I noticed him. He was standing about 10 feet away from us talking to a few guys I knew from school, but I had never seen him before. He was under a light and I could see every inch of him so perfectly. He was about Josh's size in height, and his hair was really long. It was dark brown and super wavy. He had a nose ring and a lip ring and quite a few tattoos. The one I noticed first was the word "Follow" on his chest. He wore an American Flag tank and black skinnies with holes.

He's fucking beautiful.

And the whole time I was eying him, he was doing the same to me. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks, but I couldn't look away. He had me stuck.

"Go get him." Sarah said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said, finally tearing my eyes from him and back to reality.

"Go. Get. That. Attractive. Man. Right. Fucking. Now." she replied, pushing my shoulder.

I laughed and realize that they all noticed I was staring at him. I looked back at him to see his friends had left and he was leaning on the railing, still staring at me with a smile on his face. I got up from my comfy spot on the ground and stumbled a bit. I was pretty drunk at this point and that's where my sudden confidence came from. I strode over to him with a lazy smile on my face and leaned against the railing, facing him. He laughed a little and stuck his hand out.

"I'm Joel." he said.

I stared at his hand and raised an eyebrow.

"A hand shake?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest.

His smile grew and he opened his arms wide.

"Is a hug better?"

"Yes." I said, falling into his arms, "I'm Jamie."

"It's nice to meet you." he said, letting me go.

We spent the next thirty minutes getting to know each other, and I had downed another cup. My girls were gone from their spot on the grass, and I panicked a little. Joel must have noticed the change in my behavior so he offered to go get me another drink. I told him I think I was done for the night or I'd be sick in the morning and he just laughed.

"I'm tired of standing." I whined.

"Let's go sit in the grass then." he offered.

I made a frowny face, but made my way towards the grass, out of the light. We laid down on the grass and stared up at the sky.

"You know, something about you is really special." Joel said, finally, and turned to look at me.

I turned to face him with a confused look on my face.

"You can't possibly know that from only talking to me for thirty minutes." I slurred back to him.

"You'd be surprised in what you can learn about people in just thirty minutes."

I stared at him thoughtfully and watched as he sat up and put his arms on either side of me.

"You're a really beautiful person....inside and out." he whispered.

I closed my eyes as he leaned down, and his soft lips touched mine. My hands found their way into his hair and I pulled him down on top of me. He kissed me a little rougher and I felt his hips grind softly on mine. I let out a small moan and knew instantly what I wanted. I felt eyes watching me, but I really didn't care. After all, I was only making out with this kid. We weren't having sex.....yet.

"We can go back to my place if you'd like. It's a little quieter there and not so many eyes on us." Joel said, as if he were reading my thoughts.

I agreed a little too eagerly and he helped me up. He held my hand as we made our way around the house in the dark. I felt a little guilty leaving with this guy, but I pushed the thought away as soon as we rounded the corner and I saw Josh's body pressed against another girl...a girl who wasn't me. I assumed the worst and gripped Joel's hand tighter.

"My car is just down the road a bit. You don't mind walking do you?" he asked gently.

"No I don't mind. I just want to get away from here."

I turned to look back at Josh one more time to see him staring at me with a vacant look in his eyes. I couldn't read the expression on his face, but I really didn't care either. I turned back to Joel and giggled loudly. I pulled out my phone as we walked and sent a text to Sarah.

I went with Joel back to his place. Don't worry, I'll be home in the morning. I'll call you. <33

I turned my phone off and smiled to myself.

Fuck feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
blah.