Status: Active for now

Underdog, Just Look at the Mess You Made

Just Crash

Jamie's POV

I laid awake at Krisi's house. She had fallen asleep a few hours ago, but I couldn't sleep. I didn't like fighting with my best friend. It wasn't right. I crept out of Krisi's room and grabbed my shoes. As soon as I was safely out of the house I began the walk to Josh's house. It was about 2 am, but I was positive Josh was still awake. It was impossible for either of us to sleep if we were angry or upset with each other.

The walk was tiring and slightly cold, but I did it for our friendship. I already lost my chance at love with this boy, but I'll be damned if I lost my friendship over something so stupid.

Their house was quiet when I arrived, but Josh's light was on, as I expected. I skipped the part where I threw a rock at his window and began climbing up the tree beside his window.

How cliche right?

I stared into his room and saw him just sitting on his bed staring at the wall, guitar in hands. He looked sad and like he might have been crying.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with him, but I guess I should apologize.

Not sure what for, but okay.

I tapped on his window from the thick branch and his head shot to the window. He hopped up quickly and opened the window for me.

"Why are you here?" he snapped.

"I came to talk to you. I couldn't sleep, and I knew you couldn't either." I said as I climbed through the window.

"I don't really want to talk about you hooking up with other guys when you're drunk."

My head snapped up at this point.

"I didn't hook up with anyone when I was drunk. And how can you even possibly say that when you were all over that skank when I left?"

He didn't say anything, but he crossed his arms and sat down.

"Don't be a fucking hypocrite, Josh."

"Don't be such an attention starved slut. Just because all eyes were on you doesn't give you the right to act the way you did." he mumbled.

That really made my blood boil. I felt tears in my eyes and I backed up to the window.

"Fuck you." I spat, and I turned to leave.

He grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"I'm so fucking sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

"Then what the hell did you mean?" I said and ripped my arm away.

He let out a sigh and sat on the foot of his bed. I saw a tear roll down his cheek and I knew he had meant nothing by what he said. His apology was sincere.

"I didn't mean anything at all. I honestly don't even know why I said that. I'm just angry I guess. I just want to protect you okay. I've been there for so long so you won't get hurt and I just thought that guy would hurt you."

I sat down by Josh and laid my head on his shoulder.

This was going to be a long night, but well worth it. It's time to clear this all up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short.