Untitled for the Moment

Chapter 03

The Vibration of my phone woke me, thankfully. I was worried it wasn't but I didn’t want to disturb the princess and the princes. It was 8:00am I quickly got up and ready. I was really nervous. A part of me was hoping I get to share a bus with Joey. I poked at him to see if he was going to go with me. He nodded his head and got up. Joey went into the bathroom with just the toothbrush. He grabbed his stuff and walked down with me into the convention room. There weren’t that many people here yet. We filled out our paperwork together. I saw more and more people show up. They gave me bus 27, and Joey got bus 4. I heard rumors bus 4 was a party bus. It kind of saddened me. I had this gut wrenching feeling I was going to be stuck with that one band. I found my bus and walked on. No one was there, I grabbed a bottom bunk. A few minutes later I heard a bunch of commotion. I walked to the front of the bus.

''Hey I'm Ashleigh,'' I said nervously.

''You are the new pit reporter,'' he said. This guy looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on which he was. I just smiled and shook their hands. They informed me that we would be sharing the bus with two other bands and one more roadie. The roadie was a guy from so Cal who couldn’t make it to the first few dates do to finals for collage. The other bands came and we all introduced ourselves. I felt a little welcome but still awkward. I was setting my bunk sheets up in my bunk and taped pictures to the insides.

''Is that Marti?'' Tony asked. I smiled and nodded my head. Tony crept into my bunk to look at my pictures.

''Where’s photo of your family if you don’t mind me asking?''

''Tony you’re looking at them, this is my family, always will be,'' I watched him bite his lip like he was nervous to ask me another question.

''Who is that, he don’t look like family he looks like your boyfriend,''

''That is not my boyfriend but my best friend, well he doesn’t consider me his best friend, but he is mine whether he likes the title or not,'' I looked down awkwardly. This is going to be one long summer. He got up and left my bunk. The guys all went to the back of the bus and played games. Tomorrow would be the first real day of warped tour and I had several interviews lined up. I started writing questions down and stuff. Someone sat on my bunk next to me.

''Have a drink with us, relax" Tony said.

''I can't if I blow this I will never be able to let myself live it down,''

''please one drink, and let us get to know you better, you are after all sharing a bus with us for two months,'

‘‘Ok, you win I’ll have a drink,'' I walked into the back with Tony. The guys looked all happy to see me. Mike jumped up.

''Our reporter is here yay,''

''Ms. Motionless if that is your real last name,'' another one guys said. I actually knew him from his brother Nick Barham. His name was Gabe Barham, and member of Sleeping with Sirens. I knew the guys before they got big and managed to go to every show. I just smiled and they poured me a mix drink. We began playing Call of Duty. Then my phone went off, I went to reach for it but Gabe grabbed it before me. He started laughing. We stopped playing the game.

''That’s not cool reading her personal messages,'' Mike said. Gabe tossed the phone to Mike. He started laughing as well.

''Ash who is this JP guy,'' he asked.

‘‘It’s her best friend apparently, but doesn’t like the title correct?'' Tony said. I nodded my head. They passed the phone around to everyone. When I tried to get my phone back from Gabe, Mike and Tony grabbed me.

''Hey Ashleigh, I want to let you know I broke up with Sydney, I'm ready to do whatever it takes to make you mine but I'm leaving in a few days to finally do something big, you are the only one who inspired me to go for my dreams, I want you to be there with me when they come true,’’ Mike said in a girly voice reading the text out loud to me.

''Really I can’t believe he sent that bullshit to me,'' I said wiggling my way out of their grip. I got my phone back from them. Jaime looked at me and laughed.

''I bet Ash is going to say yes,'' he said. I took my phone and didn’t reply. I left the room to go in my bunk and lay down. I know the guys were messing around. I was just upset with JP; I'm tired of all the lies. I heard the door open from the back and felt someone sit at the edge.

''Are you mad at us?'' Tony's said with a little bit of nervousness in his voice.

''No I could never be mad at you, I'm mad at him for saying that to me,''

''Give him another chance,''

''Never again he blew his second and third chance,''

''Well maybe the guy we pick up in Cali will be your new love of your life,'' he said walking back to the lounge area. I just lay staring at ceiling of my bunk and started crying. This isn’t fair he did this to me, he knew I was leaving.