Untitled for the Moment

Chapter 05

I must have fallen asleep because the bus was moving. I got out of my bunk and stretched and walked into the lounge. Vic came up and squeezed me tightly. I hugged him as tightly as I could. There was awkwardness in the air. Mike made me a drink and sat next to me and gave me a hug.

''I'm okay just to let everyone know,'' I said trying to clear the awkwardness in the air.

''I felt so bad Ashleigh you, whys did you start crying?'' Vic asked. I sighed; I was going to spend the two months with these guys.

''JP that guy who texted me, use to be my ex but I don’t know what went wrong or what I did wrong but he told he never loved me and never wanted to have sex with me, said all these horrible things to me he left me for some younger girl, I told him I was pregnant with our son, and Vic when you sang Yeah Boy and Doll Face it brought all that back you know,'' I said. Mike hugged me again.

"What exactly happened to your son,'' Vic asked. I started to cry a little bit.

''He was born earlier than expected, his lungs weren’t strong enough and passed a few days after, I lost the only person who would ever love me the way I loved them,''

''I'm sorry I sang the song, it put you in a bad mood,''

''Don’t be, I'm sorry everything got awkward, here’s a toast,'' I said raising my glass. I'm going to start fresh and don’t let the past get me.

''To a fresh new start, and fulfilling my dreams,’’ holding my cup up high. They raised their glasses to mine. It felt good to clear the air with them. I finished my drink and handed it to mike to have him make me a new one. I was drinking to pass out but it might take a while. I thanked him and continued drinking. I went back to my bunk to get my camera and bought it back to the lounge and started snapping pics. Out of nowhere Tony leaned in and gave me a kiss. I was totally thrown off by this. It made me feel uncomfortable and awkward. Tony shook his head.

''I'm sorry, I don’t know why I did that,'' he got up and stormed out of the room. I got up to go after him. He was sitting in front of the bus.

''Its ok Tony, we do weird stuff when we are drunk,'' he shook his head in a no position.

''No we don’t, truth be told I switched your bus,'' he said. I looked at him with a stern look.

''What?'

"Hate me if you want, but I had your bus switched, the person who you share a hotel room with were basically your bus mates with the exception of Joey, and I kind of been a stalker of you for a while,'' I was shocked. Thoughts started running through my mind. So, I did know of Pierce the Veil but not well. I partied with them a few times.

''I really dont know what to say, but it makes sense now,''

''Sorry if I creeped you out or made you uncomfortable,''

‘‘its fine you actually saved me from having a horrible summer because that girl was a bitch,'' I took a seat next to him and kissed the side of his cheek.

''Why did you stalk me?'' I said with a slight smirk on my face.

''I thought you were beautiful, original and... .’’ I put my finger to his lips

''I dont think you could handle me and all my baggage,''

''Why not try it out,'' Tony asked taking the seat next to me.

''I guess but if it gets complicated we have to break it off ok,''

''Alright,'' he said giving me a kiss again. I walked to my bunk and lay down. Tony slipped in with me and closed the curtain. He wrapped his arms around me as I stared into his eyes. I felt a slight comfort.