Surviving Zombies...

chapter 2

Today has been hectic I say, it's not everyday you learn of there being a zombie apocalypse right under your nose. To be honest it feels like any normal day, apart from the slight groans from outside that is. I can feel the adrenaline pumping through my body, too excited to sit down. It's kind of funny if I think about it; I have always wanted there to be a zombie apocalypse but now there is it's so damn boring... I thought there would have been more action or something or other. However, I'm stuck in here until further notice... greaaat.

Frowning I went over to my window and looked out, the sun is setting creating a orangey dusty look to sweep over the scene, I looked down only to see an old man limping mouth wide open seeking out his prey, I do feel sorry for him or anybody that's in the zombie position because none of them asked for it but they got it regardless. Looking every where, all the doors to the other block of flats are closed and locked accept one block which now had many screaming adults and children running out only to be caught by the others. It is scaring- I may be happy about this but I am still human and can feel sorry and upset about it.

Though, I was entranced by it all but disgusted at the same time, how the zombies are biting down on their flesh then ripping it apart with their teeth, then digging their hands into the stomachs, legs and arms trying to devour it all, they are ripping the stomach to pieces as if this was going to be their last meal, as if sensing my stare one of them looked up right at me and was just staring, analysing my movements and I was doing the same to him. He all but slowly turned around and finished munching on his feast. In a moment they all moved onto the next, after about 2-3 minutes the first body started to come to life but juttering and bending bones in ways they shouldn't be bent. Just like that, the new zombie got up and staggered over to the others and joined in on the feast.

I was brought back to reality when I heard a lot of banging coming from out side my room. Quickly I got up and took my lamp apart using one of the metal poles as my weapon, lame I know but it's better than nothing. I opened my door and looked to where the banging was coming from, my gaze landed on the front door where my dad, mum and brothers were trying to stop who ever was on the other side from coming in, I walked over and peeped through the peep hole only to spot one of those things.

" What are you doing help us would you" My brother Aaron screeched at me,

" Okay I was only checking jeez" I rolled my eyes at him.

" What's with the pole?" My Dad asked, struggling against the door,

" For protection and to help us" I whispered and opened the letter box and shoved it through and pulling it back to only repeat the process a couple more times, when I was done I brought it back through and opened the door when I didn't hear anything, when I opened it I saw the zombie, it was a male in his late 60's I would think, he was laying their with multiple holes pierced through his stomach and one through his head, the blood puddling around him. It's strange how one man- and old one at that- could cause such a ruckus.

" Well that's what I call a good shot" I said to them as I turned around, they were looking at me as if to say 'is she a crazy'.

" Yo-you just killed someone" My other brother Tate said, he was Aarons twin,

" Noooo he was already dead" My Dad answered backing me up, sighing, gotta love my dad.

" I think we should take him down soo he doesn't attract more up here, what do you say" Aaron asked

" Good thinking" mum muttered, "But im not going down!" she said a lot more clearer. I nodded whilst volunteering, it's better than staying up here, bored to death and by the looks of things Tate isn't going be doing anything. Sometimes I wonder if he is actually a girl, he sure does act like one.

In the end it was me, Aaron and dad that ended up taking him down, on the way I couldn't help but notice the doors open again, it's rather strange, you would stay in doors where you can lock them out not on the streets where they can munch on you... idiots.

When we reached the bottom, both doors led to outside, the one in front (that led to the back) was riddled with them and the other had about three, which is again kind of strange because you'd think that they would all be out the front. Quickly we hurdled his body out the front door closing it after to make sure it didn't open…wait how did he get in if both doors were closed, confused I turned around to ask my dad when he stole the question right from me,

" Well how the bloody hell did he get in?!?!" I nodded showing my agreement,

" Yeah both doors were closed and they can't climb through the windows" Thinking through my thoughts I looked outside, I cringed because the small amount of zombies had multiplied but also because they are eating a dead man, unlucky for him....he's died twice. Before he got ripped to shreds I noticed he had bite marks along his arms, and just like that the idea popped into my head

" Guys maybe one of them came in from outside and got bit, so when he came inside he went into his house and turned and turning the rest of his family with" They both looked at me before it settled in, dads eyes widened

" We have to go back up stairs NOW, cuz if he did turn the rest of his family or whatever that means there are more now, HURRY!" He didn't have to ask twice because we where already half way up the steps. When we got to our door dad opened it just in time, we heard the moaning and gurgling of them all and they were all coming up the steps only about 5 of them but they are more than just the one… We got in locked the door, fortunately the thing about these doors are that they are fricken heavy so it gives a slight advantage. Turning around I saw Mum and Tate came back with… the knife, fork and spoons draw??? Wtf seriously... Spoons really?!?! I grabbed the pole and we waited for them to bang on our door……

____________________________________________________________________________________

(Word Amount: 1179)