Surviving Zombies...

chapter 3

We have been indoors for about two seconds before we heard the zombies scraping and banging at our door. I guess we all feel different you know, by the looks of things mum looks scared as shit, Tate looks like he is about to faint and is constipated, Aaron looks a bit excited but you can see the fear within him, dad looks as if to say 'is this really happening' and can't wait for them to be gone and me..... Well I feel a mixture of emotions coursing through me, excited, a bit freaked out on whether or not I'm gunna be able to do this, worried and a bit nervous. You could say its because of the adrenaline or even the idea of me being crazy but in the end I can tell we are all shitting a brick because we don't know whether or not we are going to survive the next 5 minutes or even the rest of the apocalypse.

Dad was about to open the door but I told him not to and quickly went to grab the ironing board and no not so I can iron the clothes or anything but to help us, like a barrier and to push them away from the door so its easier to get to them.

"Ready......1.....2......3.......NOW," With that said, my Dad opened the door. Me and Tate pushed the ironing board in front of all of us and managed to push them back about 2-3 meters before they managed to get stable again. I got my pole and Mum and Tate were throwing the knifes (not good aiming either may I add), Aaron used the mop knocking them over and Dad was using.......wait where the hell did he get that from, he was using a knife but looked like a dagger and the patterns on it was just amazing, with all the swirls it was just soo detailed and beautiful, I'm gunna have words with him after we done this.

Holding the pole tightly I swung it to the right, pulled it back shoved it through the woman's stomach and after a few minutes we had them all down apart from the one who was a child that looked to be only 7 years old. I stopped in front of it, I just stared at her my heart beating twice as fast. There's no way I could kill a child that's barely lived, who hadn't even got a chance to live it's life and just grow up.
I didn't have too because the next thing I know my Dad has literally beheaded her, I watched as her head fall to the ground whilst the blood was squirting and pouring down the rest of her and everywhere else and then a few moments her body joined her head limp on the floor.
I looked up at my Dad who was staring at his crafty work with aww, how demented is he!!!!!!!!! He just beheaded a little girl for crying out loud and now he is happy about it,

"I think I'm going to be sick" Tate exclaimed and ran into the flat to use the bathroom, my Mum and Aaron not far behind him. I just stood there looking at my Dad and then my gaze drifted down to the dagger knife whatever you wanna call it.....

" Where in the hell did you get that from?" I pointed to the dagger that's in his hands,

" Oh this, I found it next to the bins out back a couple of weeks ago, kinda glad I did now" He replied throwing it up and catching it, tying to be cool.

" Wow and you couldn't have used it earlier jeez..."

" Yeah but there was no point but hey what's done is done" with that said he went back indoors with me following behind.......well this did turn out to be an eventful evening, was the only thing going around my head.

__________________________________________________________________________________

(Word Count: 665)