Surviving Zombies...

chapter 4

It's been about a week since this all happened and all I can say is that we are all safe... For the moment.
All In all I have been out of the flat 0 times and neither has any one else, and we are running out of food and the water we have to be careful just in case it is contaminated. The power has run out but we have always kept spare batteries so we now use the radio for help and Aaron managed to find some old busted walkie talkies 4, he used them when him, Tate and there 2 friends come over and they went to play man hunt. We found torches for when it gets dark and the heating hasn't been working so we are all sleeping in one room all together. Over all it's a load of shit!

We even went through the other 5 apartments in this block and came across other food supplies but it had to be kept in fridge or freezer soo it basically went off after the second day. Everyday we take it in turns to go down to the doors and see how many are out there, two of us each time. We haven't been to the other block of flats yet because of the zombies, it's as if they can still sense us and not leaving until they have us. What I have noticed though, is that there are less when it's dark then there is during the day. I have yet to come up with a theory for this...

" Dad I think we should go check the other apartments across the street and you know try and find some others" I said,

" How can we, we have hardly anything and what about the zombies huh?"

" Well If you haven't noticed they are hardly out during the night-"

" We are not going out at night that's like suicide its dark and what if they sneak up on us or what if the torches run out we'll be screwed so no, I don't think so"

" What if we distract them or something, or try and get onto the roof of the flats and send signals" This time it was mum, and that's not a bad Idea, we live on top floor and when you open the bedroom window you can grip hold of the slates on the roof and pull your self up.

" Not a bad idea-" I didn't listen to anything else being said because I was making my way to my old bedroom, I opened my window and looked around. Down below I could see zombies limping around there was around 7 or so, I looked up and found some of the slates poking out. Grabbing a hold of it I tugged on it to make sure its stable which it was, I sat my self on the window sill and slowly poked my body out, gradually standing up. Once I was standing half in and half out, I made sure not to look down, the sound of there teeth crashing together and their groans getting louder with each passing second, and the sound of them clawing at the walls and doors in hope of me falling to them was extremely off putting.

I put my hands on top of the slates, one of them sliding off, and leant against the lamp post that was about a metre away from me, it was one of the short ones. Pushing my self onto my arms and using my upper body strength to push myself the rest of the way up so I was sitting on top of the roof. Ha wasn't so bad if I do say so myself. Then I realised just how high up I was, and began to panic before calming slightly.

" Mum, dad come into my room quick" I shouted downwards, a few of the zombies looked at me and started to reach upwards, they came to the window and looked up and I smiled down at them,

" Howdi there" I greeted,

" What you doing up there, be careful" My Dad demanded

" I'm just putting what mum said into action... Can you pass me one of the talkies and a torch, I'm gunna try something" I asked, I heard some shuffling and saw something poking up to me, grabbing a hold of it I turned It on,

" Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3" I said into the talkie, trying to impersonate someone on a mission, whilst turning on the torch

" Be careful would ya" came the response, jeeze don't have a little faith in me then, I rolled my eyes and stood up 'carefully', and began walking to the end of the flats and looked down- nothing, I searched the entire area and found out that at the front there was quite a few zombies and a few crashed cars, towards the back I found the closest block of flats was a good 4 metres away. We are going to have to travel up here, I thought.
Its actually peaceful up here, I went over to the aerial and started to twist it around but as soon as I heard a 'yes' I stopped and made my way back to my bedroom window and slowly made my way back into the flat, now that's done I just got to let them know what I saw and everything as such.

As I was laying in bed that night I thought of the roof top and how it may be a good place to go in case they manage to get inside the flat, its high up and the only way to get up their is through a window, of what I know, I'll give my suggestion to Dad tomorrow to see if what he thinks of it is any good but personally I think its one of the best options we have. Another thing is what if there are no more survivors for miles and we are the only ones that is I think the only fear I have, being alone. Especially if my family got turned I don't know what I would do. Sighing I turned onto my side and slowly drifted to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________

(Word Count: 1055)