Status: uploading as much as I can

Headlines

the new job

Chapter 11

On the next morning I woke up with my phone ringing. It was a guy from Starbucks saying he would want me to go there today and show my barista skills. Which were none, but I don't think it would be that hard to make coffees. So, I wrote Alex a note, saying I would be at Starbucks working today, becaus they wanted to see if I was skilled enough to work there.
I dressed myself into a basic white t-shirt, and a dark skinny jeans, and a pair of black vans, had my cereal and headed to Starbucks.

The Starbucks that called me wasn't as close to Alex's flat as I wish it was. It was in the same neighborhood, but it was about 8 blocks from his apartment, so I'd have to walk a little. I arrived there and they handed me the green apron. It didn't have my name, but they said if I "passed" on today's test I would be hired and have a named apron. I turned out as a good barista. Even tough I called a 12 year-old girl named "Cailie" as "Callie" and she started having a tantrum saying everybody mistaked her name and she was sick of it. I apologized but I wanted to kill that girl. I had orders and coffees to make and she was telling me how simple her name was. As I was being watched by the manager, I didn't react as a latina girl woud, I just inhaled and exhaled 3 times, and gave her a simpathetic smile. When she finally left, I had more then 5 orders, and I managed to hand them properly, and fast. After 4 hours of work I only had mistaked 1 order. I was proud of myself. The manager told me to exchange places with the cashier. I went really well as a cashier too. I knew how to deal with people, and even persuaded some to buy a pastry together with the beverage they asked for.

My shift was almost over and the movement was slow. I was actually at my phone writing a text to Vic when a costumer came in and said "A vanilla latte and a banana muffin, please" "Sure, that will be--" "Gwen?"
♠ ♠ ♠
so shooooort & cliffhanger.
so sorry!
i'll only post again on saturday so don't kill me!
this week is going to be crazy busy for me!
i'm lucky i got the chance of posting today!
anywaaays, please COMMENT!
i'd love to hear anything from you!
xoxo