Status: Complete :)

Kiss Me Tenderly

Chapter 29

The next few days were a living hell. I basically trudged around my daily routine except it was different now; I was miserable as soon as I woke up without Alex’s smiling face next to mine and I was in tears without his warm body next to mine. Every day, I left him little notes all around the house that had sayings that ranged from a few lines of poetry, a line from a song, or even a simple I love you, just so he knew I still cared. I knew he at least saw them because I would check if they were still there and they were always gone.
It was unbearable not speaking to Alex but I was still minorly upset with him for yelling at me when Zack had been the one who was attacking me about Venetia’s pictures. Just the thought of Alex’s best friend still infuriated me. The kids could tell something was wrong, could tell something was off between Alex and I, had been since I threw Zack out the other day. How could they not, Alex always stood up and walked out of the room if I walked in, the coldness rolling off his body in an icy wave.
Which hurt.
A lot.
I sighed, frustratedly, running my hands through my hair as I sifted through the endless pile of manuscripts I was editing. Nothing was getting done if I was thinking about Alex and I almost always was, worrying that he would want to end our relationship because of our fight, worrying what I was going to do about it even though technically, it wasn’t my fault. I was about an eighth of the way through a new novel and my red pen was almost out of ink already when my phone buzzed.
Hey sweet pea :) How you feeling? – Kris
What a welcome distraction. I heaved a sigh, pushing the pile of papers away from me, tossing the plastic pen onto the desk before reaching for my phone.
Not good. Still thinking about ‘Lex. /: How about you, how are you?
The sound of heels clicking made me jump and I dropped my phone into my lap just as my boss walked around the corner.
“Jack?” her voice a sweet mark in the air, almost as if she had practiced how not to be an annoying boss.
“Yes, Natalia?” I answered, picking up my pen for the fifth time that day and flipping to the page I had previously been working on, praying she wouldn’t hear if Kris were to text back.
“What manuscript are you working on again? I don’t think Jeremy marked down which one you were working on before he gave it to you,” she said, peering at the pages in front of me as if the name would pop out at her.
“Uhhhh…” I stalled as I messed with the pages, trying not to drop them all over the floor. “Breaking and entering by T. Alive.”
Right then, my phone decided to buzz louder than I ever thought was possible. I froze, my eyes drawn to my boss, not sure if she was going to scold me or laugh at me because she was sometimes hot and cold like that. She laughed this time, wagging a finger at me.
“Jack, if you’re going to sext at work, at least turn the vibrate off,” she giggled before heading back to her office.
I’m okay, but that’s not the point. Have you tried talking to him?-Kris.
My head started to hurt when memories of the many times I had tried to talking to him and getting rejecting each time and I had to swallow tears before I responded to Kris’s text.
Yeah, but he won’t talk to me. What do I do???
My phone buzzed again, not five seconds later.
Confront him. Really confront him. Like, pin him to the wall and make him listen to you.
Another text came shortly after the first.
Or you could just fuck him against the wall.
My face burned red as I contemplated that. Kris had such a dirty mouth, I swear.
Kris! You pervert!
What? You both would love it, you’d make up, end of story.
I sighed again at my friend’s ridiculous shenanigans.
Would appreciate another option, thanks.
I could imagine Kris getting the text, sighing and rolling his eyes.
Romance him or something. Get him flowers, cook him dinner, watch a movie, shag him in the back of your car, do something!
I’m not going to ‘shag’ my boyfriend anywhere, Austin Powers.
Yeah, you are, make up sex is the best kind of sex! >:)
….we’re done here.
You love me :3 Good luck!
Sighing heavily again, I threw my phone back onto the desk and stared at it resentfully.
I guess I’m going to have to cook up an idea to get Alex to talk to me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler but next chapter's gonna be gr8 :3 MAYBE I'LL POST IT TONIGHT WHO KNOWS.
If you saw the Tonight Alive reference, Ilu.
Also! I was thinking about doing a whole bunch of one shots, each having to do with a different kink. It'll be all slash and STRAIGHT SMUT LIKE SEX ALL THE TIME, maybe genderswap? o: but I just wanted to know if you guys would be interested in reading things like that!! Comment if you would!
-VivaciousVanity