Status: Complete :)

Kiss Me Tenderly

Chapter 3

The next time I saw Alex was almost a week and a half after the first encounter.. Not that I was counting. He wasn’t at the reception desk when I would come pick up Sassy and Missy and when I asked about his whereabouts, the heavily eyelinered, gum snapping sullen teenagers gave me this look like ‘what are you, his mother’.
Needless to say, I stopped asking where he was.
It was a Thursday afternoon when I saw him. I had just gotten out of work, feeling good. There was a very promising young writer we had met with a while ago and just recently, I was privileged with reading the first manuscript of her newest novel and editing it. It was still cold outside, the roads icy and slick with slushy snow but I was certain it wouldn’t be too much of a danger.
Anyways.
I rubbed my arms, the wool of my gloves rasping against my jacket. My breath puffed white as I pushed open the glass doors, instantly greeted by now brunette male’s grin.
“Long time no see, Jack,” he grinned, retrieving the clipboard from under the counter and setting it out for me. “How you been?”
I laughed, filling out the form. “Pretty good, work’s being going good too,” I pushed the board at him, leaning on my elbow. “How have you been? Any more kids flush pink legos down the toilet?”
He chuckled at the memory, propping his chin on his fist. “It’s been okay. Thing’s have been hectic at home so I had to miss a few days, but other than that, thing’s have been great. Except, of course,” he added. “The fact I haven’t seen your handsome face.” He winked before going to call for Sassy and Missy.
I stood there for a minute, trying to process what Alex had just said to me.
Did he just... Flirt with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, hello, filler. Might post another chapter later tonight. But... A LITTLE TASTE OF JALEX PERHAPS.
Wow, 23 subscribers and 8 recs?? You guys are so fab! :)
Comments are appreciated :3
-VivaciousVanity