Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

An Eventful Evening

Ben helped her choose the appropriate dress for her particular seat, several rows behind the cast. It made his heart leap to see the dress he had bought her for their special dinner date in London. She had taken perfect care of it. For reasons unknown to him, she looked better in it now than she did the night it was purchased. This premiere had already changed his celebrity status and reputation. Everyone had put their cameras in his face to get that desired angle of the film's baddie. His fellow cast members all looked stunning, bright eyed, and dressed to the nines. Hundreds of fans were around, some even arriving right after their own graduations. What a mad turn out, he thought to himself with a proud grin.

Yet nothing else brought him more excitement than the fact that MakenzieDaniels was going to be there, just for him. The memory of her soft hands smoothing out his lapels was the best part of the night, so far. She had looked up at him, looking like a celebrity herself, with the most loving of eyes. Their few special moments of the day were reason enough to smile like a fool for the dozens of cameras. The photographers thought he was just pleased about Star Trek, but they didn't know who would be wrapped in his arms much later tonight. He didn't want to assume they'd wake up naked together in the morning light… but if he played his cards right- Oh, tonight was going to be so much more than a mile-marker in his professional career.

"Alright, cast. Time to find your seats," a man yelled above the swarm of interviewers.

About thirty minutes later, the lights darkened and the vast audience fell silent.

---

- Do you like it so far? -BC

- You are at YOUR film premiere, Ben! Don't text. We'll talk later. -MD

- Yes, but I don't like watching myself. Makes me fidget. You should know that, fangirl ;) -BC

- I did, thanx :P Just watch the film you nutter. -MD

- I'd rather be holding your hand, darling. -BC

Makenzie didn't know how to respond to the last text. Darling? Almost everyone was here for him, not the fact that it was a Star Trek film, and he was text flirting with her. She tried not to breath too heavily but the persons next to her didn't seem to notice- one was on their mobile as well.

- Come on back here, Mr. Khann ;) -MD

- Don't tempt me, Miss Daniels -BC

- Watch your film -MD

- Oh, fine :P … You look beautiful tonight, if I didn't tell you earlier. -BC

- You told me. All afternoon, in fact. Later -MD

Benedict was more self-conscience than ever when the action sequences began. Did J.J. mean to have that shot of his hind quarters? Surely people didn't want to see a full shot of his arse. Everything else was stunning- the endless special affects, the music, and the crowd seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. Another shot of his backside. Then his mobile screen lit up.

- They really captured one of your best angles ;) -MD

- You're hilarious. Thought you were watching the film. -BC

- You're only acting not to be pleased I'm texting you. I can see you doing laps in your seat from here. -MD

Ben fought the strong urge to look behind. He didn't want to know her seat number for a reason. The man knew himself well enough to know that he'd be looking over his shoulder at her every so often if he knew where to look. Now, seeing her face didn't seem like such a bad idea.

- You called my bluff. And correctly I might add. -BC

- I know :) Now watch the rest of the film. -MD

He returned his mobile to his pocket with a smug grin. Oh what he wanted to do to her. If given the chance and permission, of course. Ben was surprised when the device buzzed again.

- And you are completely stunning, btw. On and off that screen. -MD

Not a dry eye in the place! Everyone stood to their feet cheering for the cast and crew. The film was nothing short of an undeniable success. When the actors turned to face their adoring audience, a familiar face caught Ben's eyes. Their eyes met in an instant they both felt throughout their bodies. His Makenzie was clapping her hands with that toothy grin that made his heart soar. He gave her a small nod in full acknowledgement then turned his moving stare out across the sea of other smiling faces.

After the applause died down, the cast and crew were safely escorted out. Makenzie pulled out her mobile and called for her arranged ride. The ocean of gowns and tuxes filtered out on the streets around her before she spotted her ride a few blocks away. Once the car began its way to the Cumberbatch home, Kenzie sent a quick text.

- Congratulations Ben! Now it's my turn to be proud. Have fun, don't drink too much, and I'll see you later. -MD

---

She wasn't upset in the least when he didn't reply. After all, the man's status had just been upgraded. The beautiful gown was hung in the guest room closet he had prepared for her, not that she would be using the guest room for much else. Wandering around his home, she toured through each room as she had done the sitting room. Yes, just as she thought- the other rooms held the same classy but casual charms as the first room. Her eyes lit up at the sight of the master bath.

"A tub with jets, ay?" she cheekily grinned with one eyebrow arched with pleasure. "Don't mind if I do!"

After the glorious bath, complete with candles and music from his personal iPod, Makenzie dug out her laptop from her luggage. She Skyped Sophie and spared no details about the premiere. They laughed and carried on for a good hour before Sophie grew more serious than before.

"That's fantastic, Kenzie. Really it is. I couldn't be more happy for you but… How are you feeling?"

"I don't know. I might give this whole romance thing a try," the girl contently sighed, wearing his house robe laying on his bed feeling like some sort of princess.

"That's not what I meant," Sophie groaned in a scolding manner.

"I'm fine, Soph!"

"You've had quite the week. First graduation and now all this. You've been rather stretched physically, mentally, and emotionally."

"Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it, really. But I'm fine for now. Things are going good and I don't want to spoil anything."

"Yeah, I understand." That rebellious gleam returned to the blonde's face as she looked around the room and whispered, "What if he wants to… you know."

"I'm not shagging him," Makenzie laughed with a blush.

"Oh, why not? He's bloody in love with you and has been for two months. Why not make tonight one both of you will always remember?"

"We'll already both remember tonight. How could either of us not? Tonight changed his career and was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me."

"Not if you going to his premieres became a usual thing. Maybe you could go as his date next time."

"I'm not even thinking about next time. Too much could happen between now and then. I'm taking it day at a time as I've always done."

"You know you're going to be the death of me, yeah? The amount of angst built between the two of you has somehow been transfused to me. This is far worse than watching a film. This is real life, Kenzie! Shagging the man of your dreams doesn't mean you have to marry him. I mean, you're nothing cheap by any means but, come on!"

"I know what you mean and I have thought about it. Believe me, I've thought about it. But… I don't want to hurt him. In the long run."

"Yeah," Sophie agreed with a hopeless sigh. "Just don't leave the poor man in Limbo, love. You don't have to tell him tonight but something has to be done."

"Thank you for being my best friend, Soph. I love you will all my heart. Besides, you're far better than keeping busy with any bloke."

"I'm glad you think I'm better than Benedict Cumberbatch but I know you're lying," the girl laughed. "I've known you for too long not to see through one of your complimentary lies."

"Not a lie!" Kenzie giggled. Her mobile suddenly buzzed beside her. "Oh. Got a text. Hold on a bit."

- Get into street clothes and a jacket. I'll be there in thirty minutes. -BC

"Apparently I need to change."

"But the house robe looks so well on you," Soph teased with a roll of her eyes. It was hard not to be jealous. She probably would have been if it was anyone but Makenzie. Besides, Kenzie had always been the Cumberbatch fan- long before anyone else recognized his name.

"Talk to you later yeah?"

"Yeah. I'll tell your dad the parental version."

"Please do. Give him a kiss for me."

"Give Ben one for me," she teased with a blush.

They hung up then Makenzie sprang from the bed. Even his duvet smelled like him.

---

She was finishing a cup of tea when he came through the doors. Ben was there the moment after she called his name from the kitchen. It was as if she knew what was coming. The woman set her mug down then took a few smiling steps towards him. His street clothes, a simple button up shirt and jeans, allowed him to greet her the way he had been anticipating the majority of the after party.

"Come here," he nearly growled.

Makenzie leapt into his arms as he pulled her body to his- his Star Trek physique allowing him the strength to perform the task. She even wrapped her long legs around his hips to keep herself there as long as possible. The many thrills and emotions of the evening were released through multiple intense kisses. Her hands tousled his hair from the style it had been gelled in all night. Slowly, her fingers separated his curls to their natural glory. Their mouths seemed to dance and search as her moaned sounds were matched by his own panted rumbles of mirth. They parted more for breath than desire to stop.

"Let's go," he brightly grinned while gently placing her back onto the ground.

Minutes later, they were on his bike speeding through London. Her cheers and yells of excitement reminded him of his younger days. It was getting late so the streets were beginning to thin. Anyone still out was either at a pub, restaurant, or an event indoors. It only took her a few minutes to realize where he was taking her.

He parked, put their helmets under the seat, then took her hand. They glanced at eachother every so often as he told her about the interviews and party. She listened with great delight until they took their first steps onto the bridge. In a playful manner, the beautiful girl released his hand to walk ahead. Ben watched in amazement as she skipped to the exact spot he had taken her to before. When he finally met her, directly in the middle of the MillenniumBridge, she was gazing over the edge. Fearless.

That was how she made him feel. With her at his side, he could do anything and everything. If she made him feel this way as his "special friend", a poor euphemism for what they really were, he couldn't help wondering how she would make him feel as her-

"You really did it, you know?" She glanced over her shoulder at him, practically leaning over the bridge's railing. "Not the least bit afraid now," Kenzie giggled.

"Nice to know I'm good for something," he chuckled with sarcasm. "Did you have a nice time?"

"That was brilliant! You were brilliant! Everything went off without a hitch. Really, you should be very honored and proud."

Ben spun her around then took her warm face in his trembling hands. Without permission or much warning, he snogged her good and hard. In return, Makenzie wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. She was too tired to fight with herself. All she wanted was to be as close, physical and otherwise, to him as possible. Their kiss ended as the bells of St. Paul's echoed through the streets and over the water. The couple's eyes locked once more while both minds and hearts raced.

"I meant it then but I mean it now more than ever before." She knew what he was talking about without further explanation. "I'm falling for you, Makenzie Daniels." The words made her head spin with uncertainty. "We are sort of skipping a step, I know. Proper couples are supposed to meet, get to know eachother very well, date, and gradually fall in love but…" That smile made it so difficult to even think the words and phrases she needed to say to him before things went any further. "We aren't a normal couple." Her reply wasn't anything like he expected.

"We're a couple now?" she teased with a lack of enthusiasm and too much question in her voice. Even her face filled with hesitance at the mention of the word.

"We could be." Ben didn't want to sound desperate and scare her off but neither could he stand being around her with telling her how he felt. "I've given the idea a large amount of time and it's something I've come to want, need, rather badly. If you need time-" She cut him off with a soft nervous giggle.

"Me? Be your girlfriend? I thought we had been over this." Her grin wasn't convincing enough and didn't match her eyes full of desire. "We both know it wouldn't-"

"I can't honestly say I believe that. It would be more challenging than being with a normal bloke, I agree." As he spoke, he intimately traced the outline of her cheek then down her jaw line. "But it could be done. We'd struggle and fall short from time to time, same as any other relationship, but I'm willing to fight for you. More than willing, actually. All I've wanted since London was the chance to prove myself and I've cocked it up so far. Now that this premiere is over, my schedule is far more flexible. I can rearrange my time to be with you more often."

"Ben-"

"I'll do it. You've been everything I've been waiting for and I don't want to lose you."

"Benedict." He was being too perfect again, making it impossible for her to speak the hateful words than needed to be said.

"You're all I can think about sometimes, to the point of aggravation. I swear I'll do everything and anything you need. I sound like a damned school boy but it's all the truth."

"Ben!"

"Please, give me a chance. I'll do so much better. I can be what you need because you're already so much more than I've ever wanted for myself."

Of all the things that she needed to tell him, not one could be pushed out her mouth. She couldn't keep herself from him a second longer. Even if it was just action, no words to back it up, she needed him to know how she felt in return. Makenzie caught him completely off guard.

She took the strong and mighty Khann by the waist then flipped them around until he was the one leaning against the bridge's wall. Her hips dug into his before her mouth sent him into the most wonderful of hazes. Without meaning to, her hands traveled just under his shirt for skin to skin contact. It was as if she had done it hundreds of times, so natural and right. Ben groaned into her kiss, loving the sensation of her stealing his dominance so unexpectedly. This was her showing him yet another side of her, one he got a glimpse of in front of the fire that night at the hotel.

"Bloody hell," he whispered while moving his lips to her neck.

Makenzie hated and congratulated herself for this. Moments like this were changing her from the quiet, brilliant girl from uni to the brave daring woman she always wanted to be. Yet she knew that she needed to stop. Once she made reckless passes like this, he would only want more of her- more than she could freely give the way she wanted to. Half of her wanted to order him back to his bedroom to release the beautiful tension that had been building for months. But then her stronger stubborn half reminded her of everything she had been trying to forget since the airport. In the end, her practiced rational was always stronger than the dreamer falling in love with this incredible man.

They were on the verge of becoming indiscrete when he broke their simmering kisses to look into her eyes. No one had been able to make him feel this way before. Ever. As of that moment, it was her or no one else. Until all hope was lost, he was going to wait and continue pursuing Makenzie Daniels. He could see the battle raging in her mind even now. The lover in himself had won against his own better judgment not long ago, allowing him to know precisely what she was still trying to fight through. His new quest was to convince the dreamer in hers to fight harder than ever before. If he could make her accept the things he knew she was feeling, their war for love would finally be at its end.

"It's getting late," he softly announced, no hidden motives in his voice.

"Yeah, and we both need some sleep." It wasn't what she needed to say but it seemed to be answer enough. There was a small accomplishment in dodging the "couple" bullet. She hadn't answered and he wasn't forcing her to. Perhaps the rest of the conversation could be delayed until her departure.

Benedict took her hand, grinning as if all in the world was right. They walked back to the street in silence. Even after they found his bike, they didn't feel the need for speech. That passionate kiss on the bridge said it all. For him at least. Makenzie knew otherwise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since this story has become my introvert therapy, you get a second chapter today- lucky you! Please let me know what you think! Love hearing from you all!