Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

Return to London

Makenzie was thrilled when Benedict asked her to go with him to the Graham Norton Show. Her nerves didn't begin until he added the bit about having dinner with his parents in London after the show. As soon as school was out, the young teacher wasted no time in rushing home to change. A brilliant smile lit her face at the sight of his text- he'd be there in about ten minutes. She was more than ready to see him when he came through the front door, eager for their first kiss in over a week.

Benedict didn't even care what she was wearing. The handsome man had just enough time to close the door before his girlfriend jumped into his arms, those legs wrapping around him just as he liked. Makenzie hummed into their kiss while her arms wrapped around his neck. Oh how they had missed eachother these long eight days.

"Are you ready?" he asked with a large grin, eyes brighter than usual.

"Yes!"

After she was returned to the floor, Kenzie spun around to show him every angle of her favorite little black dress and tall red pumps. Her hair was up in a loose bun which suited her perfectly, a few stray curls framing her face. Ben especially liked her bold red lipstick- probably for confidence when meeting his parents. But all that was later.

"Will a helmet ruin your hair?" he asked, afraid of the answer.

"Oh, Benedict," she sighed in brief irritation. He would do this to her, bring his bike on a night she dressed up.

Minutes later, they were both laughing with excitement. His back tire left a rubber line on the pavement in front of her house as they sped towards the main road that would take them to London. He wasn't shy in going faster than the signs allowed but loved the way she cheered when he accelerated more than necessary. My little thrill seeker, he smiled beneath his helmet. Maybe one day he'd take her skydiving.

London's lights sped past them as the streets began to fill with creatures of the night. The drive was almost at its end but the lovers' adrenaline was still flowing through their veins. Ben parked his bike in a VIP spot behind the studio then helped a smirking Makenzie off the bike. She took off the riding jacket he let her wear to keep her warm when riding in the chilly air. Each time their mischievous eyes met, one message became more than clear.

After his own riding gear was put under the seat, they were escorted to the back door that would lead to backstage. The moment they were inside, Ben pulled Makenzie into a dark vacant corner away from all eyes. She gasped when he gently pushed her back against the wall. Their kisses were slow but fierce, each movement telling how much they had missed eachother. They could hear the laughter and cheering of the crowd but needed these stolen moments, this little teasing that would satisfy them until filming and their late supper was finished. Just when Makenzie was about to release a soft moan, Ben pulled his lips away from her tingling neck.

"I need to get out there. Already a bit late."

"And whose fault is that, Mr. Celebrity?"

"The director's. He seemed to think we needed to do a scene once more- just to be safe."

"Well that's what you get for doing a show right after filming," she sassed with her flirty eyes and crooked grin. "Come on. Let's find somewhere for me to watch you fangirl over Han Solo."

"Shut up," he laughed. Ben took her hand then lead her up the familiar back hallway of dressing rooms. Thankfully he had been here before and remembered the procedures. Just so questions wouldn't be asked, the actor reluctantly released his girlfriend's hand before anyone could see them.

"Mr. Cumberbatch!" a young frazzled woman cheered with relief. "Here is your mic, sir. They've already started." Ben muttered a playful sarcastic curse before giving the blushing worker one of his dashing smiles. Oh, how he could work the women.

"This is my friend, Ms. Daniels. Would you mind if she watched from the greenroom or somewhere private?"

"Not at all, sir. This way."

A mic was put on under his jacket while Makenzie was escorted away from his view. Their eyes met once more, hers full of pride and his a bit nervous- it wasn't every day he met one of his greatest idols. No one saw their brief lover's stare but they cherished the moment as if everyone knew their secret.

Makenzie was seated on a sofa in a small area just behind the set, a cozy little place with a posh flatscreen to watch her boyfriend meet one of his acting idols. She crossed her legs and bashfully asked the next worker that passed for a bottled water. Already her nerves about meeting his parents were making her too anxious too soon. But all of her fears were put on hold when Graham Norton silenced the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen… I smell motorcycle oil and cheap cologne," the show host declared with wit and great enthusiasm. "I deduce that the star of Sherlock (mumbled sounds) Cumberbatch is here!"

The crowd cheered with delight while Kenzie shifted on the sofa in frustration.

"Benedict. His name is Benedict," she quietly hissed at the screen. "His last name is the bloody tongue-twister." Someone handed her a water then she thanked them as if she didn't have a care in the world- her scowl returning the next second.

"Yes he is!" Graham sang to the applauding audience.

Then he pranced out from behind backstage. Immediately he gave his fans an appreciative wave, grinning like a fool despite the host cocking up his name. Kenzie's heart raced as he approached the great Harrison Ford. Though he played it very casual, she could already see his inner-fanboy showing for the Star Wars actor. Seconds later, she beamed when the audience continued their cat calls and cheers. Ben's blush and humble amusement never failed to put a smile on her face. Just to think, he was all hers. He immediately made a connection with his adoring fans by making a little joke about the traffic. But she knew the real reason he was a few minutes late; had they not snogged so much in her sitting room and in the back hallway, he probably would have just made it in time.

Harrison jumped on the bandwagon, giving Benedict a bit of grief about being late yet dressing so well. She could see the polished actor in him doing his very best to hide his unspeakable excitement. A small giggle escaped her as she watched the scene play out. Ben and Harrison's proper introduction could have gone better but Ben openly expressed his admiration for the older man sitting beside him. Their first laugh together was truly something beautiful- she could only imagine what he must have been feeling. Eventually, Harrison was asked about the new Star Wars movie. No one caught Benedict's silly little Chewbacca noise; she giggled with shining eyes- oh the man was a nutter.

Harrison suddenly put all attention on Benedict when he looked his fellow celebrity in the eyes and said, "I didn't get a chance to tell you how big of a fan I am of yours."

After a quick reddening of his cheeks, Ben's head dropped in a moment of pure amazement.

"Thank you. Thank you very much." It didn't take long for the weight of Ford's comment to hit him. "Wow." His eyes lifted up towards the stage lights while he took in the unbelievable compliment- a conversation that even left Kenzie breathless. The new starlet was almost moved to tears. "That's a bit of a moment. Thank you very much."

With a genuine, serious tone, and expression, the senior continued, "The Sherlock Holmes thing is amazing."

"Well, thank you," Cumberbatch nearly whispered, still unable to produce loud speech. The crowd cheered and applauded the exchange. After his humbling moments of shock, the daft man rose from the sofa and acted as if he was going to walk off laughing, "I can retire now, I'm going!" This, of course, brought another round of laughter from the adoring fans.

The men continued talking about Star Wars as Ben and Harrison shared another few special moments she knew her boyfriend was memorizing as they happened. She could already hear his childlike tale of his chat with Han Solo, as if she hadn't been watching the entire thing happen. Jack Whitehall even joined in the comical conversation, claiming that he was the one to push Sherlock off the roof. Minutes later, Harrison made a few female fans' nights by replaying the famous "I love you", "I know" scene. After that bit of fun, the attention returned to her dashing boyfriend.

Graham rocked in his chair and proclaimed, "You are so hot right now." More catcalls came from the energized crowd. Norton asked about Ben's many upcoming films, mostly The Fifth Estate. A clip from the film was played then the celebrities discussed the resemblance between Benedict and Julian Assange. Makenzie had been too lonesome for him to even think about seeing the film, until now.

Jack Whitehall finally chimed in with sarcasm saying, "Benedict is a pretty good actor."

This brought another soft chuckle from the audience- clearly an understatement.

Harrison broke off the laughter by leaning over Ben to tell Jack "I know" in his previously practiced Han Solo line. Benedict couldn't help a pleased belly laugh, his cheeks turning a lovely crimson once more.

Shortly after, the famous otter memes were brought up, the Julian Assange otter being the newest addition to the pack. Her man could only chuckle and roll his eyes at the humorous absurdity of it all- how did he not know how truly loved he was by his fans?

Attention was finally given to the comedian then Benedict started feeding him lines from Jack's informative note cards. Ben fed the young man a few lines in a rather adorable little exchange, much to the crowd's delight. The four chatted for a while about Harrison's success even after aging. A few more laughs were had before the elder had to leave before the show's end. Instead of repeating their first shy greetings, Harrison gave Benedict a firm shake of the hand accompanied by a quick glance of approval. Then the star stepped off the stage with one last wave to his fans. Makenzie couldn't have been more proud. Not long after, the cameras turned off and the satisfied audience left the studio.

Graham, Ben, and Jack walked past the green room and took turns shaking hands, each man giving a sassy parting comment. The moment Graham and Jack walked their separate ways, Ben darted into the small room occupied solely by his beaming girlfriend. At the sight of him, she stood to her feet with a proud full smile.

"Bloody hell! Did you see all that?" he laughed while picking her up and spinning her in small circles.

"And you thought he didn't know you were alive," she winked, still in his arms with her feet dangling.

"He said he was a fan! And he saw Sherlock!" Yes, this was the childlike reaction she had been looking forward to.

"That's because my boyfriend is absolutely brilliant!" she announced with sass.

Ben didn't waste another moment to kiss her. Though chaste, she felt every word he was too excited to say. She loved when he was like this, larger than life and full of excitement. This was certainly a milestone in his career- Harrison Ford was a huge fan of his and didn't hesitate to say so on telly. Once she was placed back onto the ground, she smirked up at her glowing lover.

"How about a few quick drinks?" Yes, drinks would be lovely before their next appointment.

"Actually, mum and dad are already on their way to the restaurant."

"Oh." The one word revealed the anxiety she had hidden so well all evening. She watched his expression become concerned.

"You're nervous," he stated after his obvious moment of realization.

"Only a bit." A lie hidden by her sweet light tone.

His hands slid up her naked arms until her shoulders were gently squeezed. The helpless expression on his face made her feel slightly guilty. He wanted to put her mind at rest about meeting his parents but didn't know what to say. If the situation were reversed, she the celebrity and he the new nobody boyfriend, he knew he'd be just as uneasy.

"My mother already adores you," he confessed in a half chuckled breath, as if he hadn't been planning to tell her. The intimate fact grabbed Makenzie's attention, just as he hoped would happen. "She asked me if anything was wrong for weeks until I finally told her about the clever extraordinary student I met in London." His woman's eyes were brightening as her cheeks turned a wonderful rosy color. "She said that any woman who played hard to get with Sherlock Holmes deserved to be properly chased after." This brought a small giggle to his blue eyed beauty. Once her gaze returned to him from the floor, Ben added, "And then, after several more weeks of torturing myself about you, she's the one who convinced me to try one more time."

"And what did she say when you told her the happy news?" She was shy and a bit hesitant in asking but knew he'd appreciate her curiosity on the matter.

"She insisted we get together as soon as possible. So here we are," Benedict grinned down at her hopeful but happy. "There's absolutely nothing to worry about. They both love the fact that you are an English teacher."

"Oh? How do they feel about me being a simple common girl?"

Ben seductively pulled her into him. His head slightly cocked to one side as if he was studying her. One of his hands cradled the back of her neck the same instant his other hand found the small of her back, pushing her into his chest as intimately as possible. Their stare was heated and sent a warm shiver down her spine.

"Makenzie Daniels," he lovingly spoke her name while demanding her full attention. "If you were a 'simple common girl'," the corner of his lips twitched into a bewildered grin, "I wouldn't already be planning to shag you senseless after introducing you to my parents."

"Are we talking posh hotel shag or will the restaurant loo have to do?" she teased with her own look of sensual mischief.

Her flirty comment was enough to let him know that their little talk had calmed her. His only concern now was that his mother would chinwag longer than their built sexual anticipation would allow. It had been just over a week since he left her place that wonderful weekend they became official. One thing was for certain, he wouldn't ever forget this night.

"I told you, dear. It's Wanda, please," the beautiful woman chuckled with a quick pat on Makenzie's hand. "Really, Benedict. I'm starting to think you didn't give her much notice about this little dinner."

Wanda Ventham didn't catch the quick look of condemnation her son received from his lovely new girlfriend. The mother had already enjoyed herself far more than she expected, liking this young beautiful woman even more in the flesh. She was starting to wonder if perhaps the stress Benedict had been under was causing him to have delusional tendencies but this was far from the perfect imaginary girlfriend she feared. No, the Daniels girl suited her son unexpectedly well- almost implausible.

"What made you want to be an English teacher?" his father asked after starting his second glass of celebration wine.

"Same reasons I had a go at it," Ben smiled, further proving to his parents how similar he and his new flame truly were.

His mother wouldn't tell him, mostly because she found his being so unusually nervous adorable and amusing, but she didn't need further proof than the way the couple stared at eachother; Ben had only looked at one other woman that way and that was when he was nearing engagement. Yes, her son looked happier than he had in years, despite his rather sudden rise to the fame she had never accomplished in her own career. Tonight she was especially proud of him for several reasons. The sassy mother leaned forward on the table and placed her perfectly manicured fingers over her lips-the exact way Ben did in deep thought-then gave a devilish smile.

"Did he tell you about the day he told us he was going abroad to teach?"

"Mum," he whispered under his breath, pleading for the story to remain untold. The reddening of his cheeks and begging stare only made Makenzie all the more curious, and terribly giddy. Stories about babybatch, she mused to herself. Her inner-fangirl still had moments.

"No, please do," the girl laughed before taking her already embarrassed boyfriend's hand.

"I can't believe you." Ben smiled despite his level of discomfort and shock. Once the woman began a story, of any kind, there was never any stopping her.

His father released a hearty chuckle before a quick glance from his mortified son to his excited wife.

"Ben had just graduated from Harrow weeks before and called for a family meeting. We immediately knew he was at something because he avoided house meetings at all costs. He told us his grand Tibet plans and we had a laugh. His father asked him why on earth he wanted to teach at a foreign monastery of all places and- do you remember what you said, love?" She was teasing him but he couldn't deny his biggest, his first, fan a bit of fun.

"I said it would be a proper opportunity to combine several ambitions in one trip," he groaned, playing it casual by summarizing the reply which still haunted him.

"Liar." Wanda giggled at the chance to fully expose her cheeky son. "He said, 'I want do something meaningful that I can't cock up and experience the world all in one go. Where else will I be able to show off my knowledge of the English language, practice sneaking around, and learn how to hold my alcohol all in one place?'" The woman threw her head back with more cries of laughter then continued, "It was the first speech he gave us that hadn't been properly rehearsed and completely lacked of intelligent rhetoric. He was painfully honest and terribly desperate to go abroad a while."

Makenzie's own giggles only poured salt into the playful wounds Ben's mother had reopened. The celebrity, temporarily degraded by the memories of his youthful ignorance, simply stared at his giggling half drunk mother with a smile understood by their entire party. Yes, she was being cruel but he loved her rough teasing. His smile widened as his date buried her own giggles into his shoulder.

"You never told me how well spoken you were before uni," Kenzie smirked, adding to his mother's taunting. Her comment kept both of his parents chuckling with delight.

"That's because it was ages ago and needs to be forgotten." He couldn't help his own deep chortle of amusement. How different the years and his many experiences had left him. Yet sometimes he still felt like that young barmy kid trying to make sense of it all.

Conversation changed multiple times but always returned to how proud the three were of Benedict. His parents asked the now confident young woman a few personal questions which were answered with maturity, grace, and that bit of wit that made him fall for her at the very start. The food was delicious and Makenzie often caught herself staring around the luxurious place; it reminded her of her first posh date with her celebrity crush. Little did she know then what adventure awaited. Little did he know now what stormy seas were ahead. The plates were empty, the bottle of wine fully consumed, and the check had been paid nearly thirty minutes ago. It was clear that their memorable dinner was coming to an end.

His father did a bit of old man flirting with his glowing date, helping her out of her seat and such, while his mum lead him away from the table. Once they were out of hearing distance from the others, Wanda pulled her son into an empty area of the lobby. This was the first moment Ben felt genuinely nervous since his first handshake with Harrison Ford. His eyes stayed fixed on his beautiful girlfriend until his mother took his hand.

"You're already in love with her," the wise elder happily sighed.

"That obvious?" he blushed, finally meeting her tender gaze. She gave him a small nod to go with her knowing grin.

"The pair of you seem to be getting on more than well." Her eyes flickered over to the young brunette who kept her flirt of a husband smiling. "She's a bit young," she stated with an uncertain tone, "but beyond her years. Just from what I've seen tonight," a dramatic pause for effect came before a reassuring smile, "she's perfect for you."

Relief filled Ben as he released a nervous chuckle, "You don't know just how perfect. I've told you a bit but… I don't know, mum. She's just… Oh, I hate the very thought of it. So cliché." His mother's bright inquisitive eyes urged him to continue. "She's different, yes but…" Benedict tried to find the best choice of words to describe his Makenzie in a brief manner that did her justice. "She's the first woman I've ever met that makes me feel the way I always wanted to feel when I met the one. With her, I can be myself and yet I'm still free to explore this new world of international fame- no pressure. It's extraordinary, actually," he confessed while running a hand through his hair.

"Well I'm delighted for you, darling." She affectionately kissed his cheek then glanced back towards her chatty husband. "And I think your father approves." This made them both snicker at the sight of Timothy Carlton fully displaying his charm for the young woman.

"Oh, dad," Ben softly groaned in comical terror.

"Will you be staying in London tonight?"

With his stare directly towards his radiant angel, he softly replied, "Yes. There's something I want to do a bit later."

"Have a splendid time, love," she smirked, as if she knew precisely what he wasn't telling her.

Timothy and Makenzie, walking with arms linked, found the others near the door. They said their goodbyes and hugged one another then each couple parted ways- the elders walking to their car and the young lovers hailing a cab. Kenzie seemed quite relaxed as Ben followed her into the backseat.

"The 41 hotel please," Ben announced to the cabby with pride.

Makenzie's look of shock was well worth keeping the surprise. He could feel his own coy grin blooming into the full smile she loved most. Once her hand was in his, Ben tenderly kissed between her knuckles. It was that moment that she decided they couldn't check into their suite fast enough.

"I've always wanted to stay there," she gasped with pure joy. The girl's surprised expression quickly morphed into the seductive look she had give him hours ago just inside the studio building- while she was pinned against the wall. "You better do some quick talking, ," she sighed with large eyes filled with anticipation and desire.

It was going to be a beautiful end to a wonderful night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took a while guys. My choir was gone all week and then school started back up. Please tell me what you think =) Missed you all