Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

October (Part 1)

The Graham Norton Show was only the beginning of their adventure that was October. Makenzie started feeling as if she was living two lives. By day, she was the most beloved new teacher of the private school and by night she was the secret girlfriend of Britain's hottest celebrity. Somewhere between grading papers in his London flat while he filmed across the country and being his secret date to his many appointments, the two had managed to fall even harder for eachother. Their love had always been strong but now it felt deeper, more permanent, to them. Everything was still new and they were still learning a great deal about eachother but this relationship felt as natural as breathing. And the few that knew their secret couldn't deny the beauty of the recently bloomed couple.

The cast crowded around a laptop, Makenzie held tightly in Ben's arms, as the Little Favour trailer was revealed for the first time. Everyone around yelled and cheered with delight. Many patted Benedict on the shoulder and congratulated him, though he still couldn't recognize the beaten bloody man as himself. Knowing just what he was thinking, Makenzie tilted her head upwards to kiss his cheek.

"Your Cumber Collective will adore you beaten to a pulp, shirt half ripped off, and tight jeans," she lightly giggled in his ear. The comment produced one of his cheeky smiles before he fully rewarded her with a quick and tender kiss.

"Alright, you two. Don't have time for any of that," the director chuckled while walking past, tearing the lovers apart for the moment. "You can have at eachother all you want in a few hours."

"Fine then. Be home ASAP, yeah?"

"Absolutely. Anything you need me to pick up?" Ben asked grinning like a fool, sneaking his hands to her waist once more.

"Champagne to celebrate maybe?"

"What for?"

"For your busy month ahead. Interviews left and right, movies coming out in UK and the states, and all the rest of your celebrity rubbish," the sparkling eyed beauty teased.

"Then what are we going to celebrate after all of my 'celebrity rubbish'?"

"We'll celebrate then too," she answered melodically while pulling herself away from his loving grip. "I'm going to pop out. Things to do before my boyfriend shows up."

"Like?" He leant against the nearest wall simply staring at her in amazement. This energetic, beautiful, intelligent, caring- the whole package was his and his alone. In the midst of everything he had going on, winning Makenzie Daniels was already his greatest achievement of the month; of his life.

Kenzie was packed and ready to leave right after her last class on Thursday. The teacher decided to take a personal day from school on Friday, against her student's pleads, and skipped class to spend time with her wanna-be-rebel boyfriend. They raced to the airport and made it just in time to catch their evening October 10, flight to America. She had never been on a first class flight, obviously, and was glad to share another first with Ben.

"Please?" he whispered, begging her for the sixth time in the last 2 hours.

"No," she quietly laughed with a fierce blush. Puppy eyed Benedict put his head on her shoulder, looking up at her with a ridiculous begging expression a child would use. "Absolutely not," she giggled doing her best to ignore his adorable pleas.

"You know you want to," he coaxed, a desperate adult once more.

"What if someone catches us? You'll have your reputation dirtied on this trip before it even starts." A reasonable argument.

"This is first class, my love," he cheekily smirked. "We can't do anything they haven't seen before."

"That's not the point, my love." This comment was accompanied by a more cross glance, all playful undertones wearing thin. Their eyes locked, a silent light-hearted battle between them, and then Benedict brought out the big guns- his face from pleading to rather seductive all in one second.

She felt his lips linger against her earlobe as he whispered, in his lowest baritone, "I'll make it more than worth the embarrassment you're feeling this moment."

His deep soft words alone made her insides begin to tingle. When had her eyes closed? When had she begun holding her breath? And why couldn't she find another logical argument- she could always play fight with him. Kenzie's eyes opened to find his blue-green stare already fixed on her, their faces much closer than she expected.

A simple nod of her head and the ghost of a crooked smile instantly filled him with anticipation like electric.

"I'll go in first and come out first. You have ten minutes , then I'm returning to my seat," she winked.

"We're the only ones around," he reminded her.

"Fine, then fifteen," she blushed, standing from her seat and fixing her flowing knee length skirt.

The young vixen glanced back at him half way to the loo and shot him the look which always made him completely helpless. She disappeared into the small toilet but didn't lock the door. Taking a deep breath, Ben closed his eyes for a few seconds, planning the rushed event in his mind. After a smug grin he decided to start with the skirt- thank goodness she wore a skirt tonight. Knowing his mischievous Kenzie, he wondered if she even bothered with knickers before the flight. That would be her, pretending to not have already thought about this long before now. The thought alone made his heart speed and drove him out of his own chair.

He was half way to the loo when a flight attendant calmly asked if he needed anything, obviously a fan of his. A simple point towards the second toilet sent her back behind the curtain to continue her busy work. His eyes darted around before he made a try for the occupied loo. Before he could take a proper look around, the door opened then a small hand grabbed his tie. Ben was forcefully yanked into the toilet before a single word of surprise could be gasped. He closed the door behind him then locked it in one quick motion. A deep chuckle couldn't be contained the moment he caught his breath.

"Oh, you," he whispered, stare suddenly urgent.

"Are we going to talk or did you want to do something?" Kenzie flirtatiously smirked, lifting herself atop the small clean sink.

Benedict started the clock by lifting her skirt up to her hips- both already fighting to stifle their sounds of mirth.

Good Morning America was first on their list of places to go the next morning. Neither had gotten enough sleep the previous night; between talking on the plane and another shag back at the hotel, they were happily exhausted. - This interview was inevitably about The Fifth Estate, as most of them would be. Ben was asked about the famous email exchange between himself and the real Assange about not going through with the film- a story she never tired of. Kenzie watched from backstage as the same clip from Graham Norton was played, impatient American viewers receiving their first taste of the film that wouldn't be officially released till later in the day. The popular question of "who will history judge more?" came up. She nearly burst with pride as her clever boyfriend worded everything just so, and gave the proper tones and expressions for each phrase.

How could she not be proud of him? Kenzie remembered the pride she felt even as a simple fangirl- doing her best not to miss an interview, slightly analyzing the little hints and information he gave, and being proud to be a Cumberbitch. Here was a handsome intelligent man with talent who had recently found the top of many celebrity lists but was more humble, more like surprised, than expectant for the international recognition. Once they began their personal relationship, her admiration and respect for him only grew. And then there was love. How had she come this far?

An emotional grin filed her features as the brief interview came to an end. Ben was thanked for coming then promptly lead behind stage to join his teary eyed girlfriend. Though she tried to wipe the tears of joy from her cheeks, he still managed to notice. Her radiant smile was the only reason he didn't fret. Instead, he took her by the shoulders wearing his own bright grin.

"What are those tears for?" he tenderly inquired.

"Just so proud of you."

The man gave a loving grunt before wrapping her in a loving embrace.

"We'll be leaving in just a few minutes. Might want to use the toilet if you need to."

"Only if I can go alone," she blushed, bringing the memory to his mind just to be cruel.

When she returned from the loo, Ben pulled her to an empty area for privacy. She was a bit curious as he rushed them to the spot but knew he wouldn't waste time to explain.

"I need to do a bit of autographs and photos outside but…" He reached into his pocket and tampered with his pocketbook until his personal card was produced. The squared plastic was flashed towards her between his long slender fingers, a smug grin of encouragement on his face. "You're in New York. Do a bit of shopping. Get a few ridiculous items."

Makenzie's stomach turned with an unexpected feeling of discomfort. Her expression must have been too apparent because his brow immediately furrowed in confusion. His own face twisted as if to ask What?.

"I don't want your money," the girl whispered so no one around could hear.

"Are we going to have this conversation?" he sighed, a pained expression growing.

"I don't want to be one of those girls who goes around with her big-shot boyfriend's credit card buying all the lovely things I could never afford."

"It's not like that," he sweetly argued with mild frustration.

"Then what is it like?" Kenzie's tone was sharp but not hurtful- he understood where she was coming from.

Brushing a strand of her curls from her face he released a quick sigh of admiration, "Should have deduced you'd feel this way. You're too clever to simply take the money and go." The young woman's face softened upon his evident understanding. "I'm not buying your love or just sending you away because I'm busy. You don't want us to be public, correct? This is the only way to keep you safe. I'll have too many cameras following me not to catch the beautiful woman a few paces behind. Instead of shoving you in some taxi to the hotel or forcing you to a safe room, let me buy you a few nice things you've always wanted. I have the means to spoil you, so please allow me to do so. I've done my best not to boast about the money or make you uncomfortable but… I want to do this for you. You more than deserve it."

"I deserve it," she repeated a bit too cynical for his liking.

"You're the best humanbeing I know, other than mum," he teased. "And you give all of yourself to everyone around- your family, friends, students… me." His large warm hands cupped her cheeks as their eyes locked in a sweet moment. "I'd be lost without you, my Makenzie. I owe you my life. You've done more for me than I can tell you right now but I promise to confess a bit later, if you allow me the pleasure of buying you a few nice things." She took in his words, accepting the offer a bit more than before. "You'll probably spend more on others than yourself anyway," he laughed, eyes shining once more.

He knew her far too well. Understood her better than anyone else, other than Sophie and her dad. And he loved her more than she deserved. They were still adjusting to eachother's personal lives- his blue jeans and mansion mixing with her school duties and family. Perhaps this was a first step in better combining their lives. The more she thought about it, the more she realized he was doing this to protect her. Instead of sending her back to the hotel via cab or locking her in a safe room, he was allowing her the freedom of shopping to her heart's content in New York City. Protected freedom- a rare thing that came to those who dated celebrities.

She could have used a lovely combination of words or cliché phrases but chose the more meaningful response. Taking the lapels of his suit between her fingers, Kenzie pulled Ben towards her. The way her lips moved against his assured him that all was well. It was the sort of kiss he adored sharing with her in private moments, too tender to be casual. This kiss replaced many things that couldn't be said aloud but the message louder than the rest promised her understanding and acceptance of his treating her to a few insane purchases.

"I love you."

"I love you." His lips pressed against her forehead before he added, "Go on, before we get caught. I'll see you at the premiere. The film starts at six so be there a little early."

"What do you want from New York?" she asked excitedly. "Anything, Sophie! Something completely mad."

"I don't even know what to say. What do posh people shop for?" laughed the blonde on the other end of the line.

"I'd call and ask his mother for you but I haven't the time," Kenzie teased between giggles. "They have everything here. You couldn't possibly name something I couldn't find."

"Bollocks, my mind is a complete blank. I'm finally offered anything in the world and I can't think of a single thing." The best friends shared another light chuckle before Sophie released a squeal of delight. "Kenz, we could get matching bags! Find one that you like and get a second for me!"

"Matching bags? That's fantastic! Which brand do you prefer?"

"Benedict Cumberbatch is buying us bestfriend purses. I'm not being choosey." They shared another few seconds of bliss before Sophie happily sighed, "It's funny the way things work out, yeah? We were together when you met him and you've told me everything since then. I've seen the whole story play out and now… Just imagine us walking around with a little piece of history. They'll be like little representations of our friendship with a bit of Sherlock on the side."

"Yeah, I know what you're saying. Anyways… I'm going to start looking. Give dad a kiss for me. I'll try to ring when we get back home- if it's not too late."

"Have the time of your life, Kenzie. Love you."

They hung up with huge smiles plastered to both faces. It was rather remarkable, the way everything was turning out. Makenzie just wondered how long it would be until the best season of her life ended.

She sat on the front row alone, waiting for the cast to enter the theatre. Hundreds of other actors and posh members of the public were already seated behind her- a few stars she recognized from her time in America. It was a bit awkward sitting up front with all eyes on her. Though she was thrilled to be there, she felt quite out of place without Benedict beside her.

"Well, look at you," a familiar voice sang. Kenzie quickly turned around in her seat.

"Amanda," Kenzie stood to her feet with shock. "What are you doing in New York?" The London shop worker's laugh was uncomfortable, as if her question was some hilarious joke.

"I work in the fashion industry, love. If I'm not in London I'm here, or Paris, sometimes Milan, and the occasional trip to Venice." Her attempt to show off didn't go as planned. The beautiful student from London, Benedict's date from that night so long ago, stood tall and unafraid. "I'm more surprised to see you here. With him, I suppose?" Her head nodded towards a film poster, Benedict being the obvious party in question.

"Yes, and thank you for being discrete about it." It was becoming hard to remain pleasant. Where was he?

"So the two of you are…?"

"In New York," Kenzie smiled, acting as confident and carefree as possible with the sole intention of getting under the fashion diva's skin.

"Yes," the woman's pitch was high then low as she silently deduced what little she could. Wherever the little student had bought her dress for tonight, it was undeniably stunning. As jealous as she was, the slithering shop worker couldn't deny how beautiful Cumberbatch's date was. But the real question was how long had they been together and how serious was he about the little thing?

"Enjoy the film, Amanda. Perhaps I'll stop by for my next big London purchase." Yes, that was the comment that won her privacy once more.

Amanda began her slither back to her seat but turned to ask, "Reem Acra?" She hoped the words would mean nothing to the little Cinderella girl. Did the child know her designers?

"Ellie Saab, actually," Makenzie answered with pride. She was new to this world of fame but could still keep her head above water, especially with sharks like Amanda swimming nearby.

The diva finally released her built noise of disgust, marching away as quickly as her five inch heels would allow. Makenzie watched in amusement until another voice startled her thoughts.

"That didn't look good," he chuckled from behind her.

"Benedict!" Makenzie immediately wrapped her arms around her boyfriend.

"Are you behaving?"

"Me? Never," the girl giggled.

Ben took her by the hands and gently lead her a few step backwards. Everything about her was perfect: her red lipstick, the shiny ivy green material hanging on her frame (accenting her hips in particular), the white flower piece in her brown curls, the perfect amount of shimmer on her skin, and that golden color that made her eyes pop. She looked like the celebrity. It was perfectly clear why Amanda was upset. Who could compete with his stunning girl?

"You. Are. Astonishing tonight," he breathed, eying her as respectfully as possible. Bloody hell, the evening couldn't end soon enough.

"You aren't so bad yourself," she teased with that wonderful blush on her cheeks.

"Shall we?" He gestured to their seats as the co-stars began to sit around them. Ben helped her to her seat as the lights went low. The moment they were both seated, the crowd growing quiet, he took her hand in his. Their fingers entwined just before he leaned in towards her and whispered, "I already like this premiere better than the last."

"I don't know. The texting would be a bit different this time around."

Kenzie didn't need to say another word for him to understand her meaning. She got a full smile from him anyways. He was certain there would be sexy photos from the toilet this time around if they weren't sitting together. While the thought was more than welcomed, his attention moved to the screen.

The most difficult part for both of them was keeping silent for the two hours. Each had their little side comments that would bring the other great delight. But now wasn't the time or place for their teasing and sexual references. She forced herself to focus on the story when Ben caressed her hand during the love scene. He had already seen the film once and hated watching himself on screen- a recipe for disaster as far as she was concerned. The movie was clever, intense at some moments, and all the cast did a wonderful job. Part of her regretted not being there during the filming; the Sherlock set was more than interesting but she was curious how a Hollywood film differed.

One thing she knew and believed with all of her heart. Benedict was absolutely brilliant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, with all the BC stuff that went on last month, it was almost too perfect not to plug into my story! Let me know what you think!