Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

Party

"Are you busy Halloween?"

"I have school the next day, Benedict," Makenzie giggled, from the driver's seat on their way back from Gran's.

"You'd get a few hours sleep. I promise."

"Depends what you have your hopes set on." It was far too easy to toy with him, especially when he was feeling giddy and romantic.

"A party in Hertfordshire." His statement had some sort of question hidden between his words.

"Alright?" What was he getting at? The man was always two or three steps ahead- the Sherlock role partly engrained in his own DNA.

The cheeky smirk that filled his face warned her that he was undoubtedly up to something, again. She loved his surprises and the magic he created before letting her in on them. Somehow the man knew how to make her excited before she even knew what she was excited about. How lucky she was.

"I know you don't like large parties but I go to this one every year." Her curious glance begged him to continue. It was impossible for the man not to have some lengthy introduction. Maybe one day it would become irritating- but not today, and probably not in the next year. "Would it made any different if I said that Martin and Amanda are throwing it?"

"A Halloween party at Martin and Amanda's?" Ben's hearty chuckle was answer enough. "Yes! Absolutely!" She would have hugged his neck at once had she not been driving. Instead, the thrilled girl grabbed his hand with a laugh of disbelief, meeting his tender stare as often as traffic would permit. "I have an idea," she grinned, that devilish gleam flashing across her eyes.

"Should I be worried?"

"No. I think you'll quite fancy this one."

"Go on then," he grinned.

"Have you ever done the stranger date?"

"Stranger date?"

"Yeah. Where a couple plan to meet somewhere, a pub or somewhere public, and act as if it's their first time setting eyes on the other."

"Ah, yes. I'm familiar." Her quick playful look of disapproval was returned with his own regretful act. "Not very familiar," he teasingly corrected, loving this little game they played. Her grip on his hand tightened as her face fell into an expression of extreme contentment. "It's only two hours from here. You could make the drive after class in plenty of time. The party never starts before eight. Why don't you bring your costume to my flat and get ready there? I could meet you at the party."

"Where will you get ready?"

"At Martin's. I always help decorate and get dressed there anyway. It will work out perfectly. I'll call you a cab from London if you'd like."

"Yes, that would be fantastic!" she exclaimed while pulling into her driveway. "You're fantastic," Kenzie smiled with bright eyes before going in for a quick peck on the lips. She didn't expect Ben to deepen the kiss as he did. The exchange was unexpected electric, stirring something in both of them. "What would we go as?"

Ben pondered this for a moment, then sweetly decided, "Whatever you'd like."

"Oh, this is going to be fun," she giggled.

Class couldn't get out soon enough. Kenzie couldn't help feeling as if she were the student, checking the clock far too often. She followed the last student out of the room, locked it, then practically ran to her car. In minutes, she was home grabbing the bags she had set by the door.

"I'm so jealous. Take lots of photos and tell Martin I said hello- if he even remembers me," Sophie giggled, the memory of that night in London still fresh in her mind. How long ago it all seemed.

"How could anyone forget you, Soph?"

The best friends embraced then said their rushed farewells. Costume and overnight bag in hand, Kenzie ran out the door with the most pleasant thudding in her chest. iTunes kept her company until she pulled into next to his motorbike. Two hours later, she was about to hang up with Gran.

"That's wonderful, dear. You'll have to ring me tomorrow and tell me every detail."

"Absolutely, gran."

"I bet you look damn posh," granny beamed over the line, proud of her granddaughter and thankful for these fantastic opportunities that had come. "And be safe after the party."

"What do you mean?"

"If you look half as beautiful as you sound happy, he won't be able to resist," the old thing giggled.

"Gran!" They shared a couple of giggles before finally ending the call. "Alright, I'm going to be late. Ring you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Love you, darling. Have fun."

"You look like a bloody fanboy," Martin teased as another couple walked into his home.

"I am a fanboy," Ben replied with witty sass. "Besides, this was her idea."

"I highly doubt you argued."

"Why would I? She's perfect."

Martin was about to make one of his famous crude remarks when Amanda grabbed him from behind.

"Benedict, where is your lovely date?"

After a quick look to the clock, he sighed, "She should be here any minute. Had to leave right after class then got ready at my place."

"Already has a key to your London place?"

"Yeah. She's had one." Ben didn't know how to take the roll of Martin's eyes. "You're not in favor of this are you, mate?" It was said lighthearted but a thin layer of tension was certainly present.

"I'm sure she's brilliant. She's just so… young."

"Martin! Leave poor Benedict alone," Amanda grinned with a flirty shove.

"I know. She's young but… I really think she's the one."

"So soon?" Martin could tell by the confidence in Ben's face and body language that his mate was more certain of this hunch than not. "I've only met her once so what do I know? It'll be good to see her again." Then another more unpleasant thought crossed his mind. "Her friend isn't coming is she?"

"Sophie? No," Benedict laughed. Martin still hadn't quite gotten over his first encounter with the bubbly blonde.

"Thank you again for helping with all of this. It looks smashing, really." Amanda pulled Ben in for a hug of appreciation, and to change the subject before her husband made a proper knob of himself.

When his eyes opened from the friendly embrace, they immediately fell on the most beautiful woman in the room. Their eyes met instantly, filling both with the sweetest anticipation they had felt in a while. It wasn't until she smiled then mysteriously walked away that he noticed the details of her costume.

She had straitened her curls before fixing it in the proper style for her character. Her face was covered in just enough cover-up to fit the look, nothing more or less. The tight white satin material shimmered as she walked, the clinging polyester and silver belt moving with the motion of her hips. And then there were her white leather go-go boots. He particularly noticed the bold split of the dress, just off-centered and ending mere inches from her intimate anatomy. Easy access, he thought to himself with a pounding heart. His vixen was already driving his imagination wild- that wasn't supposed to happen till later. Oh how she could torture him.

"My god," Martin gasped, jaw slightly dropped in surprise.

"There she is," Ben breathed, still mesmerized by his first, painfully brief, encounter with her.

The difficult part was almost over. Kenzie hadn't expected everyone in the room to notice her entrance but they did. Every eye had been on her and conversation even died down a bit. And then there was him. His expression had been priceless, better than she had been hoping for since they planned this last week. It had been a few days since they had spoken on purpose- just to make tonight more interesting. He had been absolutely perfect throughout the planning of this little game. In attempt to calm her nerves, she made her way to the punch table. Hopefully Martin had added a little something extra.

"The force led me in this direction," a familiar melodic baritone stated directly behind her, already cocky.

After a quick hidden smile of delight, she turned around to converse with her stranger.

"Oh. Look what we have here," she sweetly acknowledged him with a sarcastic edge in her voice. "A scruffy nerf herder."

"Keep your skirt on, your highness," he played along, a flawless performance. "So how does a beauty like you know Martin and Amanda?"

"Oh, I used to date one of Martin's big-shot celebrity friends," she stated with pride, as if the ex was a nobody. "But he didn't make the cut."

His stomach turned with need for her, and so soon. The girl was being so mercilessly cruel. How had someone so young mastered this particular skill so early in life, and with so little practice?

"Oh, you dated an actor? How did that go?"

"What about you? How does Han Solo know someone as posh as Doctor Watson?"

Benedict couldn't help a quick chuckle at her challenging remark. He was very thankful she hadn't played this hard to get when they met. But she had been completely correct- this was already fun.

"I met Martin years ago. He was playing on The Office back then."

"Oh, you were on The Office?"

"No, he was on the telly and I was sitting on my sofa," he joked, earning a quick smile from the sexy Princess Leia. He thought his pants were going to noticeably tighten when she rolled her eyes, unimpressed and not amused. "Do you dance?"

"Not with strangers," she blushed, making him work for everything tonight.

"So what does someone have to do to be considered more than a stranger?"

"You could start by grabbing me a plate. I'm famished." Her acting snooty was such a turn on. "I'll be with Bilbo when you're finished."

"Whatever you say, your worshipfulness," he smirked, growing far more impatient than he anticipated.

"Amanda!"

"Makenzie, darling! So glad you could make it up. Thank you for sacrificing a few hours of sleep for our little get together," the hostess, dressed as a sexy witch, beamed from beside her lover. Suddenly, she grabbed the girl and pulled her very close to whisper in her ear, "Ben told me what the two of you are doing tonight. Brilliant idea! Martin and I have done it a few times and the more you make him work for it, the better it'll be later."

"That is precisely what I'm hoping for," Kenzie blushed, flattered by the special attention.

"Your food, princess," Han Solo announced as properly as possible.

"Oh, the two of you know eachother?" Amanda managed without breaking her straight face- the fun actors had on their free time.

"Great minds think alike," he answered, a glimmer in his eyes as he handed her the plate of party food.

"Thank you, sir. So kind."

It was becoming more difficult for her to keep casual. He looked sexier tonight playing Star Wars than he did in a number of magazine shoots she had seen in the last month. This was her boyfriend, the goofy sweet Ben- not the photoshoped discolored being the public usually saw.

His blue trousers were already tight but she knew she'd have her chance to completely stretch them out later. The second button of his white shirt pulled ever so perfectly, making a white shirt of sex. She wondered where he got the simple black vest- it would be effortless to rip off. And she had to stifle a laugh at the sight of his black boots, probably borrowed just for tonight. Yes, he was a sight to behold. And he was all hers.

The four continued the little act while talking about work, a subject perfect for the particular circumstance. Martin even told an embarrassing story about Ben from The Hobbit set. Kenzie ate as quickly and politely as possible. She hadn't had time to eat after class so she was starved. When conversation came to an end, the hosts needing to talk with other guests, Ben took Makenzie's plate to the nearest bin. When their eyes met, expressions of pure love and desire, the tune blaring from the dance room began.

"It's Stevie Wonder "Superstition", one of my favorites," he admitted- something she hadn't known before. "Join me?" He held his hand out for her to take. "Unless I'm still a stranger."

The dapper smug charmer. How could any woman say no? With a large smile, she took his hand.

Seconds later, they were in the middle of the dancing crowd. Kenzie released a genuine laugh as her boyfriend became the center of attention. Never had she expected his dance moves to be so spot on. His moves fit the funky beats perfectly. She mirrored what she could and made up the rest, doing her very best to keep up. It was the time of her life. Everyone quickly made a circle around them as they performed all sorts of comical disco movements and gestures. They fell into a sort of jive together, almost able to read eachother's next moves. The looks they exchanged in those few minutes meant the world to her- she took each perfect second in as they happened. When their moves complimented one another and the few times they actually fell into sync, their audience cheered as if they were on bloody Dancing With the Stars. Even Martin and Amanda made their way into the room to watch the couple.

"They. Are. Ridiculous," Martin laughed with disbelief, hardly able to believe his eyes.

"And you said she was too young for him. Look at them! They are perfect!" Amanda giggled before her own loud cat call.

"Here comes the end," Benedict whispered in her ear. "Take my lead."

"Always," she replied with stars in her eyes.

"Strike a Saturday Night Fever pose," he ordered with a wide grin, also in the height of his glory.

They ended back to back in JohnTravolta's famous dance pose, arms slanted upwards with fingers pointed to the ceiling, grinning like two fools madly in love. The entire house seemed to be watching and cheering as Han and Leia hugged. Ben picked her up off her feet then spun her around a few times, completing the perfect scene. The next tune began and everyone began dancing around them as before.

"That was absolutely mad!" Kenzie gasped in breathless joy.

"That was incredible! Thank you." Ben had never looked more in his element.

They danced to three more songs, a number of people congratulating them on their entertaining performance. It was the most fun either had had in weeks, other than their private adventures. She knew she would be sore tomorrow, not used to strenuous dancing, but it was more than worth it. When she felt as if she couldn't stand another minute, Ben pulled her out of the crowd and into a more quiet room. Both were still panting and smiling like two teenagers when she whispered in his ear.

"How good of friends are you and Martin? Honestly?"

He pulled back enough to view her face and saw the passionate features which made up an expression he knew very well.

In return, he briefly pressed his lips just below her ear then whispered, "Good enough that he wouldn't mind us using their bedroom toilet for a few minutes." He lingered a few more seconds before adding, "I noticed that split in your dress earlier. I think it needs closer inspection."

After a wave of shivers fell down her spine, she forced the words from her mouth.

"You aren't getting lucky just yet, . But I need your hands on me. Now," she panted in hushed syllables against his neck.

"Follow me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so last chapter was a bit short so hopefully this one made up for it. I had so much fun writing this part! Yay writing. I threw Gran in there because so many liked her. Props to those who picked up on the Princess Leia costume/ Star Wars reference before I told you! If anyone is interested. Let me know if you like it! =)