Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

In Days to Come

They were laying on his sofa staring at his London Christmas tree, their first Christmas ornament hanging front and center, a surprise he had given her when they were decorating his flat. Both enjoyed the silence as the fireplace roared. It had been a good day, one of the less stressful Saturdays he had spent in a while. He hadn't felt her stir in some time but didn't want to wake her if she was asleep. Instead he whispered her name.

"Yes?"

"Are you awake, love?"

"Of course. Just thinking."

"About?"

"Nothing of importance," she sighed while rolling in his arms to face him. "What were you thinking about?"

"Busy week coming soon," he announced with a hint of regret in his voice.

"Do tell," Kenzie grinned, molding her body closer to his.

"Jimmy Kimmel Show, a few press meetings, and then a trip to Germany followed by London premiere of season three."

"Germany?" Kenzie sat up in shock.

"Hobbit premiere," Benedict announced, both arms folding behind his head as a pillow.

"We haven't been that far apart since we've become official."

"You could always come with me."

"I can't miss another day of school. Besides, wouldn't want to ruin your fun with the blokes."

"Martin wouldn't mind and I'm sure the-"

"No. No. No." It wasn't an angry string of syllables. She turned her body until she was sitting properly on the sofa facing the roaring fire. The young woman just simply couldn't imagine tagging along with him for such an event. Benedict sat up behind her and kissed her shoulder. "I have responsibilities here as you do there. It'll only be a few days. Nothing to worry about."

"Will you be alright?"

"Of course. Just didn't expect it."

"My fault. I completely forgot to tell you when I found out. Schedule details. Too many of them to tell too many people. I'll do better in the future."

"That's alright. You being away keeps things… interesting." As she said the last bit, she turned once more to get a better look into his eyes, flames dancing inside of them literally and figuratively. "You know what we haven't done in a while?"

"Makenzie, I-"

She cut off his cautious arguments before he could even begin.

"I don't know how much longer I'll be able to… love you the way I want to."

His eyes followed his lover from her spot on the sofa to the carpet in front of the decorated tree, its white lights illuminating the room along with the glowing flames. Kenzie turned around to face him before pulling her jumper over her messy head of dark curls. Her tank top was a bit looser than the last time she wore it but still revealed the curves of her figure. Ben's breath hitched when she reached for the tie of her sleep shorts. The already tempting vision of her bare legs was shown in its full glory as the short black material pooled at her ankles. Just as their first time, their eyes never strayed from one another.

"Kenz," he whispered with want.

It had been a while, he couldn't deny the fact. But would he hurt her? Could he still please her without breaking her? Or was she that delicate yet? She was right, they didn't have much longer until they weren't able to partake of such passion. Without another moment, he rose to his feet and took the few strides that separated them, taking his own shirt off on the way to her. Now completely facing one another, they began taking their own clothes off one article at a time until both were in their pants- his silk boxers and her lacey blue knickers.

When they collided for their first shared kiss, Makenzie fell onto the hardwood floors and took Ben with her. They tangled together filling the room with unhushed laughter until silence took over. Then with one kiss, they began.

---

Makenzie woke up in his bed that next morning. His face was her first sight of the day. He was sitting in a chair just out of arms reach from her beside the bed. It was obvious that he'd been watching her sleep for some time. The lovesick grin and light shinning eyes filled her with the sweetest of sensations. She stretched and gave a little moan before meeting his stare again.

"How long have you been watching me?" his beautiful girl yawned with her own affectionate morning smile.

Ben moved from the nearby chair to her side, his knees on the hardwood floor. Without a word, he took in every detail of her- from the messy curls he adored, to the different shades playing in her eyes, and to the small pink love mark he'd left on her neck last night. He wanted her by his side every moment possible. With her was where he belonged and vise versa. She was more than his best friend, she was the other half of himself that he couldn't imagine until her presence in his life.

Makenzie grew nervous when he didn't reply. He was far too serious too early in this morning, never a good sign. His hand traced the soft lines and curves of her face. She leaned into his touch, eyes closed taking the moment in, then opened to find that his gaze had intensified. In silence, she waited for him to explain his sweet, but odd, behavior. He took a deep breath which ensured an clarification.

"I love you," Ben reminded her, as sweet as he ever was in beautiful moments like this.

"I love you," Kenzie giggled just before pressing her lips to his. Her hand rested on his cheek, feeling the stubble that would be shaved later.

Another deep breath was taken before he began, "My life hasn't been the same since March in London. And my life hasn't been better since you said yes to being mine in October." Immediately, she could see where this was possibly going.

"That was only three months ago," she reminded him.

"Yes, but we were in love long before then."

"You can't speak for both of us," she teased, sitting up in bed to pull him up to her.

As Benedict positioned himself in front of her, his heart began to race. It took longer than expected to gather the words to continue.

"I've asked this question before but I still mean every word. I feel exactly the same now as I did then. And, more than ever, I want to take care of you the way you deserve to be taken care of. I want to love you the way you've always wanted to be loved." Benedict Cumberbatch pulled out her mother's ring for the second time, the bright silver band between his fingers. "If you say no this time, nothing will change between us. We can go on as we've been and I'll be here no matter what." He took it as a good sign when she smiled with eyes full of tears. Taking her hand, he placed the ring up to her finger and met her lovely happy eyes. "Makenzie Daniels, I'd love to return home to my fiancé in a few weeks. You're the only one for me and I am so madly in love with you."

"Yes," she blurted before he could speak another word.

"Yes?" A wave a shock ran through his veins.

"Yes! I love you so much more than I know how to-"

He quickly closed whatever space was between them and claimed her lips, the ring slipping around her finger. The giggling girl giggled into their snog, happier than she could have ever imagined being. With her hands at his cheeks and his hands at her neck, they kissed and laughed for several minutes.

"Makenzie Cumberbatch," he sighed, testing the name out.

"Forever," she breathed, coming in for one last kiss before admiring her mother's ring on her finger. "What made you try again?"

"Well, I wanted to but wasn't sure how you would react." His tone and expression changed to one of more humor when he chuckled, "You're grandmother is quite the voice of wisdom."

"Gran," she smiled, rolling her eyes while putting the pieces together.

"Yeah," Ben admitted. "But your father was pleased as well."

"Good. And Sophie?"

"I thought you could tell her."

"And everyone else?"

Ben nervously scratched his head, "I thought we could keep it a secret until the Hobbit and Sherlock promotions were over."

"Wanting to keep me a secret now?" She teased. It had always been her who wanted to keep things quiet and now she found herself wanting to show the world.

"For your own protection," Ben smirked putting his forehead against hers.

"When does Christmas holiday begin?"

"December twentieth, it'll be a half day." The woman gave a heavy sigh, "The last of my short teaching career."

"I'll see you before then." His hands moved to her lips before adding, "Besides, it's only a break. You'll be back next year. I just know it."

"That would be lovely."

"You're lovely."

---

She watched her boyfriend blush at the animalistic noises coming from the female audience. He waved and gave a crowd pleasing smile.

"Oh, he is quite good, isn't he?" Sophie commented with a gentle shove against her best friend.

The two had gotten up extra early just to watch the interview. They were both in Makenzie's bed watching her laptop as if it were a sleepover. She missed him already but was glad for moments like this where she could see him in action. Watching him like this was much better than being shoved in a secret greenroom.

"He's amazing."

"And you're his fiancé! I can't believe it Kenz!"

She could only smile and watch her goofy groom to be.

---

His mother had called ten times the last three days- each call being forwarded to his voicemail. Makenzie had called earlier that morning to wish him the best of luck with everything; while he was there, she decided to busy herself with wedding plans. Everything was going perfect and from what he was told, there would be a crowd of insane proportion waiting for them. He was most excited about the twist Martin was sure to add to the evening- the man constantly jokes on nights like this.

They were announced hours later one by one onto a stage facing hundreds of screaming fans. The excitement was at full throttle and things were already to a good start. Photos were still being taken when Ben's mobile went off. Taking it out from his pocket, the actor was curious to see his dads name and photo on the screen. It wasn't that his father never called but they usually texted; if he was calling it was something important.

"Hello, old man." He glanced over at Martin to tell him who was on the other line. "We're in Berlin at a Hobbit premiere, dad. Can I call you later?"

"Just give your mother a bloody call sometime in the next twenty-four hours. She's quite upset with you. And I think you know why."

"Yes, I'll ring her later. Promise. I can't talk right now but some people want to say hi." He lifted the mobile out to the crowd and told them to say hello to his dad. This resulted in high pitched screams that made his own ears ring. He could only imagine what is sounded like to his poor father. "That was for you, dad," he smiled, honored to share the moment with his father.

"Bloody hell, how many girls are there?"

"Talk to you later," Ben chuckled before the device was ripped from his hand.

"What are you doing spoiling your son's big night, you old bugger?" Martin growled with furrowed brows and forehead crinkled.

"Making sure he isn't in some sort of bloody trouble. I know the mad blokes he's with tonight and I was making sure one in particular isn't rubbing off on him. Hell. You call yourself his best friend."

The photographers crowded around Martin and Ben as the owner of the mobile made faces and posed for the cameras. Martin kept his serious composure the entire time.

"Well you're son is fine and would appreciate, oh hell- I can't do this anymore. How are you?" Freeman finally laughed.

"Grand. Just grand, young man. So glad to hear that you chaps had a good turnout. Premieres were a bit quieter in my day."

"That was what? Half a century ago?" Martin joked with a chuckle.

"A quarter, thank you kindly. I'll let you go, my boy. Stop by some time. We'd love to have you over for dinner one night."

"I'd like that. Have a fantastic night."

"Alright, hand it over," Ben laughed, before reclaiming his phone. "Alright, dad. I'll call her later."

"Good. You know, you really should have told your mother about the engagement sooner. But it's been a damn good laugh for me. Thank you, son."

"I thought you could use one. Good night."

They hung up both laughing. His thoughts briefly went to his fiancé, planning their wedding and waiting for his return. Life couldn't get any better. It wouldn't last long but for now, everything was almost perfect. Almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, lovies. Let me know what you think =)