Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

Starcrossed

Here you go. The final chapter for Valentine's Day! This was a bit more difficult to write than I planned and was a bit longer than intended. Hope you don't mind. Before we get started, just keep the dates in mind. They are a bit scrambled and may be a little challenging to follow but its all for a purpose. My clever Sherlock people can do it! See you at the end!
---

Monday, May 26 9:55AM London, England

Benedict Cumberbatch stood in front of the full mirror in a back room. This suite had been purchased for a much different event yet it still meant everything to wear the piece today. Of everyone in that large room, she had chosen him- a small miracle in itself. When all this began, his wildest of dreams never lead him to this moment. Nervous hands tightened his bowtie for the tenth time this morning; she always liked him in a proper suite and bow tie. Chatter of the large group down the hall returned him to the present. There would never be another day like today. If only he could avoid getting lost in the ocean of expectant faces.

James came popped into the room wearing his own expensive suite, also nervous that something was going to go terribly wrong. Benedict saw it in his second father's eyes. The same expression he had been fighting all morning.

"They are about to start, son," James gave a quick smile. "Quite a few people out there. A few journalist looking cameras and a few fans managed to sneak in."

"That's alright," he sighed, still staring into the mirror. Now, more than ever, he was on a mission. All That mattered to him this morning was making the day as pleasant for all as possible. "We aren't afraid," the nervous man whispered as James left the back room.

A quick glance to the wall's clock told him he had all of three minutes before entering the church's main sanctuary. He never cared for churches but this was one of two exceptions he'd make. And, after all, it was for her. Ben quickly reminded himself of the proper procedures- another audience yet so much more. Cocking this up was a possibility.

Before his entrance could be considered late, he took his first steps out of the small preparatory room. One quick peek into the sanctuary told him all he needed to know. The first four rows were full of friendly faces while the last six were a mixture of hopeful young local fans and inconsiderate cameramen. His heart pounded as his stomach turned. Wasn't this supposed to be close family and friends only? His agent had been told multiple times to go all out with security.

Oh well, he thought with a sigh. This way, more people can see. She deserves as much recognition on this day as possible. This was where her parents were married so this is the only appropriate place. A short pause before everything began- one final pull on his black and white tux. This is it.

Benedict Cumberbatch walked out from one of the back side entrances to the large majestic room, decorated just as she wanted, down to the white roses and candles. A few small gasps and soft chaos filled the room until he took his place at the front of the sanctuary. On stage. Lights shining down from the oak board ceilings. It was every young woman's dream and every man's privilege. Many had come great distances to attend on this beautiful morning. It was all perfect- minus the uninvited, determined guests. He had put it all together.

She would have loved it.

He cleared his throat then took one last deep breath before the ceremony began.

"Makenzie Daniels found me one evening while walking the streets of London with her best friend. Two young woman, two sisters, on a journey that would change more lives than they could possibly know," he began from the microphone stand. His practiced baritone syllables echoed off the walls in a way that would have made her smile and close her eyes; it was a sight he would have done anything to witness again.

"I, for one, have never believed in higher powers willing specific events to pass. It had always been a firm belief of mine that life is whatever one makes it to be. People only receive what they work hard for." A sudden lump in his throat and raging pulse forced him to ask himself if he could possibly finish the speech he had begun. Perhaps he could pretend he was alright for now, his most difficult role yet. But his heart wouldn't allow the thought to mature another second.

"I'm sorry," Benedict choked.

His hands covered his face for several silent moments. When he glanced up, his eyes just happen to find James, Gran, and Sophie sitting on the front row- or was it a pew? His own parents were beside them. Their thankful faces drove him on. What he spoke now was for all of them.

For her.

"It wasn't until days later that I realized what special gift had been placed into my life." A thoughtful pause. Memories overlapped in seconds, becoming what he would always remember as the best year of his life. "Kenzie was a free-spirit in every sense of the word. Somewhat of a rebel. Many would even lovingly testify to her unequaled and often comical stubbornness." A small laugh from the friends and family gathered. "But it was her bravery, intelligence, and genuine passion for life that forced everyone to believe that she was different. Many loved her for this precise combination of traits which made up the unforgettable human being we celebrate today."

It was uncomfortable. He wanted to shout his love for her from the tops of his lungs. But he knew what had to be done. His true connection to the beloved soul would have to remain watered down for now. For now.

"Her occupation of choice speaks volumes as to what she wanted to do with her life. English was her academic passion, even until the very end." He paused, remembering the last night he found her reading- waiting for him to visit in that horrible little room. "Her students and peers adored her and cheered her on for months." But where were they all when things turned darker than expected?

"We are gathered here today to remember one of the world's most brilliant beings to ever grace this planet with her presence, even if it was for too short a time. Makenzie touched so many lives in her short life. It would be difficult to find one who was changed more than myself. The night I met her, she was more concerned with the safety of her friend than the fact that she was talking with me- the first of several events that would soon force me to respect and admire her more than I had respected or admired anyone in quite some time. Many of you know the magnetism of a person such as this posses. Her kind and tender heart helped strangers and family alike. Her intelligence and wisdom live on through a few lucky students."

"And I, for one, am forever changed by everything that was her. I can honestly say that I am a better person for knowing her the year and two months we knew one another. Imagining what my life would be—had she not bumped into it one March night—is more like a nightmare than facing a possible reality- a life with someone missing."

"She will be greatly missed by so many. Her memory will live on long after today. And we will always… I will always love her."

The note felt as if it was burning through the material of his tux, as if it was about to melt against his chest that moment.

---

Sunday, May 25 10:03PM London, England

A knock on his door forced him from the spot on the sofa he had been mourning in for the last two hours. With a deep sigh, he raised up then answered the door. He knew who it was. There was only one person it could be. Ben opened the door without hesitating.

"I thought you'd be in bed already," she tried to smile.

"No you didn't," he managed a small chuckle. "Or you wouldn't have come." It felt odd to smile. He hadn't smiled since-

"Come here," Gran sweetly ordered, pulling him into a hug. Once they parted, she asked, "May I?"

"Of course," the handsome zombie answered while stepping aside and gesturing her inside.

They found themselves in the kitchen area just minutes later, Gran preparing the electric kettle while Ben sat at the bar in front of the sink. Neither could find anything to say at first. The silence was welcomed yet unwanted; silence had become the enemy in such a short time. Silence allowed thought. Thoughts brought on tears.

"How is James?" Benedict finally inquired.

"I don’t know. He wasn't on the sofa when I came through just now," Gran sighed. "Might have popped out for a walk… Or a drink," she added with half a smile.

"I apologize again for not being able to properly accommodate-"

"You couldn't go back to your flat yet. Completely natural, my boy. That place holds nothing but memories tonight." A wise pause. "But sooner would be better than later."

"Yeah." Shaky hands nervously ruffled through ginger curls. "Next week, perhaps."

"Besides, it's not every night James and I check into a posh hotel."

She was trying to be optimistic though both knew precisely what was going on. Denial. It was such a bitter-sweet phase.

"How are you?" she finally asked, looking directly at him for the first time since she walked in.

It took him longer to reply than she expected. Ben was still young enough to have an answer or comment for everything but she wondered if this week would change all that. Perhaps the young at heart man would have a widower's soul by Friday. Perhaps not. Just by looking at him, she knew one thing without a fraction of doubt: this man loved her granddaughter with his entire heart, his entire being.

"She's gone," he whispered, eyes downcast and teary. His always lively face had become stone.

The kettle beeped and made them both jump. Had they both become so used to silence so quickly? Gran poured water into the expensive hotel china and removed two tea bags and three sugar packets from the small kitchen tin.

"So what is the schedule tomorrow morning? Did you talk with your agent about the security issue?"

"I was promised that security would be tight but there's never any guarantee. One or four will probably find a way in." His red eyes finally found her own. "They are expecting us at the church around eight thirty. Service starts at ten. And the rest will play itself out."

"You didn't have to pay for all of this you know. James and I would have been perfectly satisfied to pay for at least half. After all you did for her before-"

"That's what you do when you love someone. You do everything in your power to make certain they are taken care of. And when the one you love has cancer, you spend every pence needed to keep them for as long as possible."

"But that was quite a dent in your savings, I'm sure," Gran nervously stuttered, still unsure of how much money he had spent in attempts of getting Kenzie back to health.

"I only wish I could have helped sooner."

"No, I'm serious. We need to pay you back. Will you accept three hundred a month-"

"No," Ben smiled, a small laugh threatening to escape his throat. The very thought was mad. When the worried expression didn't fade from the old tired face, he continued. "I made more money last year alone than I ever expected to see in even four years time combined." A pause. "It was my pleasure entirely. Besides, I was doing for myself just as much as I was doing it for her."

Silence filled the room for several seconds and a few long sips of tea were taken to pass the time. The remainder of the visit was simple questions neither wanted to face. When Gran asked if they would ever see him after the funeral service, Ben's first instinct was another simple answer. But this was his family now- not by law but by matters of the heart and soul. The lively actor's ghost rose from his seat, walked around to the other side of the sink, then held the old woman in his arms- as if holding a piece of her.

---

(Flashback)

His heart leapt at the sound of a Skype call from his girl. He felt as if he had been in America for months rather than two weeks. Anytime he got the chance to Skype or Facetime her, he took it. Despite his current setting, whether in a taxi or waiting for a meeting to begin, her calls were rarely declined and always answered with a smile- that is, if he didn't call her first.

"My husband!" she greeted looking more like a person than she had in days.

"Aren't you the perfect sight for sore eyes," he breathed, longing to be there with her more than anywhere else in the world.

"I've been doing a bit of wedding planning today and got to the music. Any contributions you would like to add?"

"Anything you want, darling. It is your day and I will go along with absolutely anything "

"You know, they always talk about it being the bride's big day but it's a monumental day for the bloke as well. He's every bit as excited as she is. And, if all goes according to plan, he'll only be doing this once as well. The groom should have some say. Especially concerning personal details like the music."

After an amused and adoring chuckle, Ben grinned, "I love you, Kenzie. With all my heart. Forever."

"Music," she giggled, doing her best to keep him on topic.

"My one musical request is the first dance at the reception."

"And that would be ...?"

"Superstition."

He noticed that cheeky gleam in her eyes immediately.

"As in Martin and Amanda's Halloween party? The tune we danced to?"

"More like stole the show," he laughed, eyes brighter yet.

Kenzie held up a small notepad to the camera biting her lip. Ben was impatient for the image to clear but burst into another round of laughter when his gaze found what she wanted him to see. The list began with the ceremony pieces but the first dance was already marked in.

"Brilliant," he mused.

She had already put the tune down as their first dance. They both wanted that to be their first dance, of all the songs in the world. A hand raised to his mouth to hide his chewing on his bottom lip. They couldn't play any of their usual sensual Skype games with his schedule being so busy this morning. Being in a taxi didn’t help matters.

"Now don't get all worked up," she giggled with a blush. Even from thousands of miles away, she had been reading his mind. "And no need to thank me," his girl further teased.

"You're perfect," he breathed, longing to take her right then. How he missed her. That next second, he vowed to himself never again to be apart from her this long. Ten days really was too long. Especially with the wedding being planned.

"A few other things… I thought white roses and candles for the isle. Maybe some white lights above the front. Nothing incredibly posh or expensive. Simple and elegant. Something unexpected but remembered."

"Sounds wonderful," Ben commented with another mewl of admiration.

"Anything you would like to add. Other than our dance number?" she laughed, eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"Have you given any thought to the honeymoon?"

"We don't need to-"

"Nonsense. I'm only getting married this once, Makenzie Daniels. The day I change your last name, I'm taking you somewhere special." Their eyes locked over the cameras but still gave each body wonderful love chills. "Where to, my darling? Paris? Prague? Hawaii?"

"Um," she hesitantly interrupted. "I don't even know if you would be interested…"

"Go on. You know I want to hear all of your ideas, Kenz. This is your day too, remember?" When she didn't reply right away, he grinned, then asked, "Where would you like to go Mrs. Cumberbatch?"

"I actually found a small island called Neverland off the coast from the states. Can you believe it?"

---

Tuesday, May 27 2:21AM Sussex, England

Sophie was staying with Gran and James over at the widow's small home full of memories. It was still too soon to venture beyond that door. He had been accepted into this remarkable family months ago yet still wanted privacy on this most dark of nights. They had all cried together the previous night. Or was it the night before?

His mind had already lost track of time. Had it been a day or a week since she had become the angel he always knew she was? Maybe it had been somewhere between the two. Despite the wretched amount of days it had been, the man had not found a moment's rest. Neither his memories or his heart would allow him any sort of slumber. If he fell asleep, he would have to awaken to a world he had always feared. And the moment he had been terrified would then become an unbearable reality.

Perhaps this was the dream. Maybe if or when he awoken he would find himself still at the hospital waiting on James to return. Gran would be at his side petting him like a child soothing him even in his sleep. Sophie would be somewhere nearby.

Another toss followed by another turn. The pillow he clung to was nothing like her. It didn't breathe or move the way she did when sleeping soundly in his arms. It didn't hold her warmth or satisfy his need for her soft pale skin against his. He missed her curls in his face and the way she smelt after they made love.

Tears began to stream down his face again. This couldn't be real. He had to wake up, any second now. This nightmare was far worse than any reality. He needed to see her just once more. He would tell her everything he didn't before. If only she had told him.

His heart and mind stopped in unison.

The letter.

Quickly he turned her bedside lamp on and jumped out from beneath the covers, desperate to grab onto the little piece of her, the final mystery, that remained. Benedict had kept it in his billfold since that morning but couldn't bring himself to open it until now. Now, all he wanted was to hear from her; anything at all. The sobbing man fumbled around the room for his trousers, then the wallet, and finally dug out the folded stationary.

He built his courage while returning to her side of the bed. His movements were slower than before, almost fearful of what he would find in the sacred pages of her last gift to him. With trembling hands he carefully began to open the light blue rectangle; the hue reminded him of just one of many shades in her crystal eyes. As his heart and mind raced, Ben took a final breath before reading:

My Husband,

I hope with all my heart that this letter never finds its way to you. But if it does, there are a few things I need you to know. This is my last goodbye, my darling. My last words to you before we meet again some distant day.

Firstly, I love you even now- wherever I am be it earth or sky. I'm waiting for you but pray that you move on. Life is far too short to end because of a girl you knew for one year, despite how amazing a year it was. This was one chapter of your life, one year that I hope changed you the way you changed me. Perhaps these changes will be helpful in some way to your work, brilliant mind, and tender heart. Only time will tell.

I'm sorry we never got to wow the crowd with our first dance as a proper married couple. Forgive me for the days I was spoiled and difficult; you endured more than any man should. I apologize for not being able to give you those beautiful children we always talked about- whether aloud or in silent glances of longing. You deserved many more nights of passion than I had to offer, though the ones we spent will always be considered the most precious stolen treasures of my life.

And I'm afraid that you are part of the Daniels family (lol)- did you know that? Gran will always call to check on you, as will Dad (in his own way). They love you as if we were childhood sweethearts, as if you've been part of my life since school days. They will always be there for you, my love. Forever. You may go to them whenever you'd like about whatever you'd like- they already promised me and had grins on their faces while doing so. My family will always be your family so please don't become a stranger.

Continue acting, my Sherlock. You were given a gift and I will make sure you are haunted if you waste it. Do not quit work, for any reason whatsoever. Take a short break if you must, but take on that next project like the Benedict Cumberbatch I always admired on the telly. You were always destined for greatness and no tragedy should keep you from your wildest of ambitions. Keeping doing what you were born to do, my brilliant actor.

Allow life to continue. Keep traveling and chasing that next adrenaline high. Keep chasing the distant stars. And let those around help you; even Martin and Amanda. Friends are always needed, especially in times like these. Keep them close. Their friendship meant the world to me. You shouldn't be alone. Not that you aren't capable but I know you well enough to know that you'll want to lock yourself away in a room until you want to be seen. Let the sunlight hit your face and the breeze blow against your skin as soon as possible- even when you don't want to. For me?

Next, the difficult bit… I'm aware that losing someone comes with a grieving process. You'll cancel projects and meetings in weeks to come. You'll spend more time wherever you feel most comfortable for a time. People will ask and you will tell them whatever you decide- I trust you. But move on after a while. What we had was nothing short of magic, the answer to my every prayer, and every mad dream of love I ever had. Our story is almost over and you will soon begin a new story, a new life.

Find love again, Benedict. Fall in love with a beautiful spirited woman who steals your heart in that familiar unexpected way. Love her without fear or thought for my sake. Love her for who she is, not as my replacement or an alternative. True love comes around once for many, twice for few, and sometimes fate sends it around a third time- just to prove its many truths. Hold her in your arms, protect her, spoil her, and give her your entire heart. I can speak from experience that your love gives wings, moves mountains of doubt, and made this simplest of young women a princess. Share your passion, your life, your love with another- in time, of course.

I could go on and on, my soulmate. I could tell you everything I want you to do, everything I still want you to be, and tell you about the life we never got to live- at least my version of what it would have been. I will always be with you. Forever, just as we promised. I'll watch over you, be there for every tear, smile, victory, and even through your loss. I never believed myself to be an angel but I'll ask God for wings if it means being able to help you in any way possible. Just the way you helped me, my angel. I'll be at your side every moment in this days to come, promise. Do what you must, grieve, then move on.

If love could have been enough to heal me, I would have been cured that night on Gower Street. You were my husband in spirit. We were married in every way that mattered and only separated by death. That in itself is a miracle. You were my miracle.

I love you, Benedict. Always and forever.

Eternally, Your Makenzie

---

Saturday, May 24 1:22AM Sussex, England

"Do the nurses even know that you're here?" She looked happy, almost peaceful but in obvious pain.

"No." He couldn't help a grin. He'd break every rule under the sun just to make her smile.

"Ben!" she scolded with a sassy roll of her eyes. Even in pain she was still brave enough to be playful.

"Go find daddy and bring him in."

"Alright," he breathed, hopeful once more and heart nearly exploding with love for her. Things were going to change. Ben started to move away from her when she suddenly grabbed his hand.

"Kiss me," she gently demanded with the slightest trace of the old mischievous Makenzie.

"Anytime," Ben promised with curved lips pressed against hers. The kiss lingered longer than the ones they had shared in previous weeks. He felt her hand touch his cheek as she rubbed away the streaks of rebellious tears that had escaped without his permission.

My wife, he thought with pride and unconditional love.

"Go get daddy, please." She paused. A deep breath, trying to hide her pain. "See you soon, Benedict."

The man kissed her warm head once more before leaving the room.

She was thankful that he didn't look back to see her wince in pain. Her face contorted and breathing sped. It was amazing how well she had just executed the performance of her life. Despite the fire burning her insides, he didn't know she was in such pain. She had finally out-acted her clever detective. Now, the difficult bit.

Makenzie waited, knowing that these were her final minutes. The pain was too much to fight anymore. She couldn't conquer this so her own defeat had become the only other option. If only the medicine would start working- this instant. Maybe then. She pushed the morphine button beside the bed in hopes that it would give her a few painless moments. Only a few. There was only one more conversation she needed to have.

As the flames inside her body seemed to decrease, the door opened.

"Daddy," she weakly smiled, allowing her body to jerk and shake as it wished.

"My baby. What’s going on?"

"Finally here," she managed through gritted teeth, accepting the moment as it came.

"Ben just said that you were-"

It only took another second to imagine the performance his daughter had just pulled off. She had used the last of her strength to hide her pain from Ben. Which only meant that she had just said her goodbyes to the man she had considered her husband for the last few months. And then he realized what privilege he was being given.

"If you're dying shouldn't he-"

"I love Ben with my whole heart. He's my husband, you know," she tried to joke. Those light eyes seemed to brighten just for a second. "But I wanted my daddy here. You and I have gone through all kinds of hell and back. And you've always been my best man."

"More than Benedict Cumberbatch?" the horrified father smiled, making her last moments as best as possible.

Her slight nod warmed his heart, genuinely set it ablaze. She seemed to be in good spirits then her body violently cringed again. The girl turned ever so slightly to pull something out from beneath her pillow.

"Give this to him?"

It was a folded note that would become everything in the world to Ben. James took the note and put it in his pocket for later. For when-

"I don't have much time," Makenzie admitted with tearing scared eyes. "I can feel myself going, papa. I'm afraid."

"I know, baby. I know," he hushed her, now moving her small frame around to hold her in his arms. His hand cradled her head against his chest. "You've fought long and hard, my girl. And I couldn't be more proud of you. You are everything your mother dreamt you'd be and having you as a daughter has been the highest honor and privilege of my life. Do you hear me, Makenzie?" His voice cracked as his calm began to crumble.

"I love you, daddy. So much. I was the luckiest girl in the world to have you." Everything slowly began to feel chilly- like the first trickles of death flooding through her veins. "Take care of him. Promise me. We didn't have proper papers but-"

"I know, baby," James cried into her hair. "He's been the son I never expected," the father admitted with a small grin.

"Move in with Gran as soon as you can. Keep Sophie." The cool was quickly turning to ice inside of her. Her phrases were becoming short and direct- to the point. "I'm so sorry."

That last bit ripped his heart from his chest. James took her face between his hands and searched into her frightened blue eyes.

"Don't you apologize for anything," he begged. "You've done nothing wrong."

"I don't want to leave you."

"It's alright, baby girl," he cried, staring into her large teary eyes. "It's alright."

"Daddy…"

He felt her body go limp in his arms.

---

Gran held Ben in the lobby for two hours as he shamelessly cried like a child, his head in her lap and knees against the hard white and green tiles. Sophie and James took turns holding one another- the indivisible trio now a shattered duo. Martin and Amanda arrived an hour after they received the call along with Ben's parents. They were all taken to a private room before the nightmare began.

---

Saturday, May 24 5:36AM Sussex, England

"Starcrossed," Ben finally spoke.

He and James were watching dawn's first light on Gran's back porch. Neither had spoken a word in nearly an hour, both still in shock from their loss.

"Like Romeo and Juliet?" James didn't need to look over to see Ben's slight nod. "It was just a story."

"They are all just stories in the end. Fiction. Real-life. Everything. Everyone acting one day to the next. People even acting to act."

The younger man was already slipping into madness, just hours after losing her. Then James remembered the piece of paper nearly burning a hole in his pocket.

"What will you tell your fans? They are going to notice, you know."

"My agent wants me to play everything off as if we were just close friends." Ben's sigh told James everything he needed to know, yet the actor continued. "But that seems impossible." A heartbreaking pause. "I want to protect her, to protect all of you. If anyone knows what we really were, you'd never have a moment's peace- precisely what she fought so hard for. She protected everyone to a fault."

"Do what you have to do, Ben. You won't be thought of any differently. You have your own privacy to consider. That's just what you need right now, everyone asking about your secret love life with-"

"The most amazing woman in the world," Ben softly finished, ending the sentence differently than James would have. She was their Makenzie Daniels, not just a cancer patient.

"So what will you do now?"

"I honestly have no idea," he replied, rubbing his hands against his face. The morning air was cool against his skin. The sky was a sight she would have loved to see. "Get through this week then… figure everything out, I suppose." Another brief silence. "And the three of you?"

"I honestly have no idea," James repeated with the smallest of smiles. "We'll figure it out together. As a family."

"I'd like that," Ben grinned, doing his best not to cry in front of his father-in-law, or whatever the man was to him now.

James stood from the cold metal chair, Benedict's bloodshot eyes focused on the brightening horizon. It wasn't until the elder's hand stretched out to him that Ben saw the folded pieces of light blue paper.

"She wanted me to give this to you."

"She knew didn't she?" Their eyes finally met for the first time in hours. "She knew that it was her last night, her last hour?" He failed at keeping the tears in. "The last thing she said to me was 'see you soon'. She knew."

"She didn't want you to worry," James replied. Then he couldn't resist. If there was any bad blood between them, he'd never forgive himself. She'd never forgive him. "You aren't upset that her last moments were-"

"No, of course not," Ben immediately answered. "If she needed anyone in that room it was you. She knew what she was doing." He took a few soft breaths. "She always knew what she wanted. What was best."

"Take it, son," James gently offered the letter again. "You don't have to read it now, or even today. Whenever you are ready. But she wanted you to have it for these next few days."

"Thank you, James. For everything."

The familiar heavy hand rested on his shoulder for a few lingering seconds before the broken father returned inside to the women. Ben closed his eyes as the back door shut. Alone for the first time. He quickly shoved the letter into his pocket, not wanting to face the reality of it all just yet. Denial was still mixing with truth in his tired mind. Tears continued for a few more minutes until the morning breeze blew through his hair- somehow reminding him of her.

His eyes opened just in time to see the last two morning stars fade from the dawning sky.

"Starcrossed," he whispered to himself, completely leaning back into the chair. "Meant to be yet not allowed. Began too quickly and ended much too soon." Then a small grin crossed his lips. "Forever."

---

Yay! That's it! Don't hate me. Thank you for sticking with me this whole crazy and wild ride. I might go back and changed the first chapter a little. Not sure the first chapter sets everything up enough and many commented how much smarter Sophie made Kenzie look in their first scenes together. Thanks to my wonderful commenters/new friends and anyone who took the time to read my first serious fanfic. Your comments made my day and kept me writing on this particular project. So YAY you! For the last time, let me know what you thoughts =) Cheers to all you lovely people!!!!