Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

Alt Ending Part 1

"This is the last day of filming. I'll be on a plane tonight. But don't wait up, yeah?"

"Not like we could do anything anyway," she frowned, softly speaking the truth they had both come to loathe.

Even the few times they had tried to get something going since Valentine's night, they had been viciously reminded that her body could no longer take part in intimate adventures. She heard his mobile buzz somewhere close in the background, still trying to find something cheerful to say. He was beautiful as ever, frantically walking around his hotel room getting ready for his last day of Sherlock. This brilliant, wonderful man was hers and she still didn't quite understand how she had managed keeping him.

"It's Steven," he sighed. "I have to go soon." His own little frown brought a small grin to her lips.

"The sooner you get on set, the sooner you can leave, and the sooner you can came back home to me."

Ben looked at the screen grinning like a fool before a deep sigh.

"How lucky am I? The most beautiful, clever woman in all the world is mine- dancing around the kitchen making breakfast. And in my shirt, no less. Well, the company's shirt. Though it does look much better on you."

"Alright Romeo. Get to work, solve that case, then come home to me," Makenzie giggled, unable to ignore the slightly overcooked food still popping and sizzling.

"Fine. Love you, Kenz."

"Love you, too. Send my love to everyone! Especially Amanda!"

"Give Martin a passionate kiss, you say? Certainly not!" he joked before blowing a sweet kiss into the camera. "I'll call before the flight. See you soon!"

"Bye, Ben!"

She was first to end the call. Long ago she discovered the melancholy that came with the other line ending before she wished. Hanging up first was much better for reasons she couldn't describe. A text tore her from her thoughts. After checking the screen, she couldn't contain a blush and genuine giggle.

- Miss you already xoxo -BC

- To work with you ! (xoxo) -MC

Saturday, May 24 1:22AM Sussex, England

Soft lips at her neck. Her name whispered by the deep voice she loved most. She felt her body twitch and slightly jerk to a more conscious state. When her eyes fluttered open, his face was a sight more than longed for.

"Hello, my love," he smirked with diamond eyes. Even in the dark, he radiated with happiness.

Makenzie rose up and into his arms, not wasting a single moment to kiss him. Ben was surprised by this sudden reaction but welcomed it all the same. His hands traced the outlines of her face as she moved herself into his lap. Their bodies moved together as their moonlight shadows danced on the wall. His shirt was taken off soon enough but he didn't retaliate; the day had been too demanding and his body unable to comply with the desires of his heart.

"How are you feeling," he finally asked, unsure of where to go from their heated kissing session.

"It was a good day," Kenzie assured him with a satisfied but playful grin.

"Would you be terribly upset if we waited until morning to continue?" Her hips felt like heaven under his fingertips.

"Tired?"

"Exhausted," Sherlock sighed, doing his best not to collapse right then and there.

"Kick off your shoes and trousers," his woman chuckled, more glad of his being home than disappointed that he would kiss her all night.

Hours later, they were curled into a single ball of limbs and duvet. It had been the perfect reunion and they could both rest breathing eachother in and out. Long weeks of separation never came with the fear of their undoing. They hated the distance but always picked up as if it had only been hours. This was the peace that came with his many homecomings. The first night they spent together, after those long days apart, never failed to be so precious.

Ben began to toss violently, waking Makenzie before his own eyes opened.

"Hey," she whispered while shaking his shoulder. "Ben. Wake up." His quiet cries pulled at her heart and even scared her for a moment. "Sweetheart, wake up. You're dreaming." Her worried voice grew louder and her grasp on his shoulder tightened.

Those light eyes slammed open and immediately found her in the dark. He turned his body towards her, pulled her into his chest, then caught his breath.

"You're alright now," she soothed, her own nerves at their peak. "It's alright, love."

He took her face into his hands, eyes still searching for something. His thumbs rubbed small circles against her cheeks, as if seeing her wasn't enough.

"You're alright," he panted, relieved.

"Yeah?"

"Oh, my baby," the man sighed, pulling her against his chest once more. It took a while for him to speak after taking a hold of her that second time. "I thought I had lost you," Ben whispered against her hair.

"Just a dream."

Another few silent seconds passed before he leaned back with her, keeping her as close to him as possible. His breathing was less sporadic, returning to the peaceful rhythm she had fallen asleep to. Makenzie began to think he was already falling back asleep when the stillness continued.

"I love you, Makenzie."

She raised up to look him in the eyes, softly replying, "I'm not going anywhere. Promise." Kenz rubbed her nose against his before a light giggle. "You and me, remember? Forever."

"What happened?" Benedict asked from the small white room, his face nearly as pale as the hospital walls.

The doctor looked puzzled, rarely a good sign. He scratched his head and kept his eyes on the papers in his hand. Couldn't he speak? Anything would be better than the agonizing seconds of doubt. Suspense was unappreciated for the time being. Makenzie's small hand slid into his when she felt as if she were about to pass out.

"Well?" The impatient actor demanded as politely as possible.

Finally, the doctor released a long sigh followed by a nervous cough.

"I'm not sure how but…"

Bloody hell, Makenzie's inner voice hissed. "Out with it!" This earned a large smile from the medical man.

"MissDaniels, as of now, you are on the road to recovery," the medical man finally got out.

Both were shocked speechless at first but the silence soon passed.

"How do you mean?" Kenz forced from her mind to her lips. "What was the change?"

"The medicine trials seem to be working. Do you need me to-"

"I remember what they were supposed to do," she interrupted in a half laugh, still full of disbelief. She took a few seconds to process the news a first time before another question. "When you say 'recovery'?"

"You still have a while until you are back to full health but… In a few months, I don't see why you couldn't return to your old routines."

Benedict still couldn't speak but pulled her into his chest instead. Kenzie was still in a stupor , repeating the doctor's words over and over in her head.

I'm going to be alright.