Status: While writing my other Sherlock story, I thought this would be fun. Heaven forbid I work on one project at a time. ENJOY AND COMMENT!

Starcrossed

The Perfect Day

Makenzie's news brought out a loud scream from her best friend, the expected response. Minutes later, they found themselves waiting outside the hotel. As if he had seen them walk out, Ben texted Makenzie asking if they were ready to be picked up. She asked him to pick them up a block away, just to take all precautions possible. The last thing they needed were hundreds of fangirls attacking the cab.

"We're meeting him a block away," Makenzie announced to her already glowing best friend.

"I just can't believe this! It's all so strange. Just to think, you and I… and Benedi-"

"Shh!" the other girl laughed with a blush. The thought was rather entertaining.

The two girls rounded the corner and there was a cab pulled over. The door opened and the girls got in, Makenzie letting Sophie slide in first to have her fun next to the celebrity. Again, Benedict didn't complain but couldn't force the selfish part of himself silent- why wouldn't she sit next to him?

"How are you, ladies?"

"Fine."

"Brilliant!"

He chuckled at their very different responses.

"Feeling better, Miss Sophie?"

"Much. And thank you so much for checking on me. That was very sweet of you."

"Not a problem at all." His eyes moved from the bubbly girl at his side to the quiet smiling girl by the window, her eyes speaking volumes more than her melodic voice.

Small talk lead to making plans for the day and in no time at all, the three found themselves walking around the more posh part of town. Benedict was a wonderful tour guide, showing and telling everything he knew about whatever part of the city they were in at the time. He told them what shops were the best, which places to avoid, quick stories of his experiences in more colorful unexpected places, and at one point had both girls bent over laughing. But only one laugh pulled at his curiosity. Only one pair of eyes made his stomach flip at quick contact alone.

They were walking around Hyde Park, one of the more risky public places for celebrities to roam, when Sophie announced she needed to use a loo. Luckily, there was one nearby. She said she would only be a few minutes and begged the others to continue down the path they had been strolling along.

"Nonsense," Makenzie grinned. "We'll wait right over there for you. Take your time."

The moment Sophie was out of hearing distance, Ben released a random chuckle.

"What?" the girl asked with a half giggle as they sat on a park bench, feeling more bubbly than she could help.

"Today has been good," he sighed looking up at the blue skies above them. "I haven't had a free day in ages."

"I'm sure. You've been quite busy." She immediately panicked. "Not that I keep track of you. Well, not really. I meant- Blimey!" Makenzie's cheeks were now a shade beyond pink. Her heart raced childishly in her chest and she couldn't even force herself to look him in the eyes.

Without warning, Benedict Cumberbatch put a finger to her chin and moved her face towards his. How did her heart go from pounding to completely still in a single moment? Their eyes locked and she couldn't think of a more perfect day in her life.

"No worries, Makenzie," that low baritone assured with a hint of amusement. The unexpected skin to skin contact ended too soon. He took note of the way she shyly bit her lip not knowing what to say next. "You hide it very well but I know that you're a fangirl. You don't gush about like your friend but I'd bet that you are more excited than you let on."

"Because you are a celebrity?" she asked crossly, making a bit of space between them.

"That's not what I meant." His face went pale with worry. Repeating his last few statements, he realized how arrogant they had sounded. And then she so fearlessly called him out on it."I simply meant that-"

"I know what you meant. You're spending the day with us. I should be thrilled and count it as the honor of my life. I'm supposed to go back home to my friends and family and go on and on about the day we spend with Sherlock Holmes. But you aren't Sherlock. You are a human being that happens to be more watched by the public- a 'celebrity'. But for you to expect me to-"

"I don't expect anything. Please forgive my poor choice of words," he pleaded.

She studied him for a few long seconds. There was pure honesty in his eyes. She had never thought him to be rude but perhaps his ego was soaring today. He clearly wanted to impress them. Or was it just her? Makenzie noticed that his curious glances towards her were different than the friendly looks he gave Sophie. It was already lunch time and they probably wouldn't see him after today. How mad was she? Who in their right mind argued with their celebrity crush while face to face with him?

A tickled laughter suddenly escaped her. Ben only watched in slight confusion. She had gone from stern to hysterical in just a second. The light in her eyes between the two emotions put ridiculous thoughts in his mind- thoughts he hadn't had about anyone in quite some time.

"Listen to me," she cackled. "I get the chance to spend a day with you and I shout at you. Who gets angry with their," she lowered her voice to a whisper, "celebrity crush while hanging out with them?"

His heart fluttered at the words. He was her "celebrity crush"? It was shocking to him that she even had a celebrity crush. Though she was very mature for her age, Makenzie Daniels was still such a child at heart. He had noticed it several times earlier in the day. Her attitudes were very adult but he also loved her daft comical moments. Yes, he decided then that he could spend many more days like this with the exceptional student.

"Bollocks," he chuckled looking around. "We probably sound mad to anyone listening in."

"Oh, I hope so," she happily sighed, pleased at herself for the ironic comment.

Their eyes met again, more tender than before, and their mirrored expressions caught them both off guard. He felt the strong urge to ask her right then. The words were ordered and the courage to spill them out had been built from that single look from her. He opened his mouth to speak but a voice interrupted his thoughts.

"That's a mercy," Sophie blushed a bit embarrassed. "Shall we continue?

The three grabbed a quick lunch and were soon on their way to their next big adventure. Sophie was first to get tired. Shortly after her first yawn, both students' mobiles rang their own little sounds. Ben didn't want to pry but wondered who had texted them- their professor perhaps.

"Just a reminder that we are leaving the hotel early in the morning for our appointments. It would be wise to get some good rest tonight. Please text when you make it back to the hotel." Sophie snorted after reading the text aloud. "As if anyone is going to go back early. He's nutter!"

"His reasoning is understandable," Ben argued.

Sophie put him in the mind of a child whose parents were out of town. What child went to bed on time when they didn't have to? The two young women were so different. They didn’t seem as if they went together at all. Yet there they were, best friends taking on London for one week. Not even a week anymore. They would go back home in just a few short more days. Too soon, he concluded.
"Where to next?" Sophie smiled at the end of the park trail they had been walking.

"We're close to your hotel if you ladies would like to go back." He glanced at both of them awaiting a response.

"That would be fine. Thank you so much for your time, sir. It has been the most pleasant of surprises." She paused, meeting his eyes in that special way she couldn't explain. "I can't wait to tell everyone back home about it."

Her words touched him more than anticipated. It was now or never.

"Actually," Ben turned towards Sophie, a bit hesitant at first. "Sophie, would you mind terribly if I stole your London companion for the evening?"

Makenzie's eyes widened as her friend's fell a bit. He didn't want to hurt the poor thing yet he also didn’t want to miss this opportunity that would only come this once. Their schedule for the rest of the week was unknown to him and there was a possibility that their class would be completely busy the rest of their time in London.

"Like for a date?"

"Of sorts."

"Absolutely not. If Soph can't go-"

"No, please do," Sophie finally answered with a wide excited smile.

"Soph!" The other girl hissed.

The less intelligent of the two could even see the chemistry building between her best friend and the man they had idolized together for several years. This was Makenzie's big chance. After all the hard times and struggles she had brought Sophie through, this was her chance to repay the kindness that had been shown to her all these years. Taking her shocked friend by she shoulders, she took her a few paces away from Ben.

"If anyone deserves one night of magic, it's you. Go. Have fun. And Mr. C-" she called out behind her. "If you take her out make her get desert. She never gets desert." The man smiled and nodded before her attention returned to the teary eyed girl before her. "and I hope you gain a bloody tone for it," she winked. They girls tightly embraced before parting. "I want to know every detail later!"

"Deal. You're the best, Soph!"

Ben hailed a cab to drop off Sophie safely at their hotel. Once the third wheel was dropped off, Benedict scooted closer to Makenzie. For the first time she was finally sitting right beside him, where he had wanted her from the start.

"So where to for dinner, Miss Daniels?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this had taken so long guys! This month has been full of surprises and unexpected out of town/state trips with no internet. So to this chapt is to make it up to you! I'll try to update more often. Any chance I've had to update, its' been on my Sherlock/ Stephlock stories. Enjoy!!!