Status: Completed for you and all it's glory.

Shelter

Shelter

•See I could spend forever here and never wanna stop
Cause baby you are making my day•


I was walking around town finally getting out of my house. I've been having a bad string of luck recently. Life just hasn't been on my side for awhile.

To make a horrible long story short. What happened was that I found out one of my ex's had come back to town. His name is Dakota (but we're gonna call him douche). We didn't have a good relationship, putting it lightly, and broke up in a blaze of fire. Absolutely no one was safe during the event. Believe me, there was a lot of people in the crossfire. Since he decided to tell and do it right in the middle of Madison square garden. Get this, we were actually on vacation.

He accuses me of cheating, said I was emotionless and couldn't satisfy him much less a dog. That hurt quite a bit. Stung worse then a hornet. So while I was standing there balling my ever loving eyes out, he stood in the middle of a crowd screaming like a banshee. He even yelled at others trying to accuse me of sleeping with them.

Come to find out he was cheating on me the entire time. He has the nerve to show back up here almost two years later and try to apologize. I don't think I've punched a guy so hard in my entire life. Well, more like my door punched him but it counts. He's been trying to talk to me all week. So, here I am. Meandering aroun town.

I came upon the cutest little shop. There was a lot of little trinkets in the window. I went in to look around the shop. A bell rang when I opened a the door, and I could swear in my own not yet made grave, that a god turned and looked at me. Sparkles, and colors everywhere around him. I melted, I'm serious I turned to liquid mushy goo.

"Hi, welcome to the shop!"

This god said in a chipper way. I blushed. There was almost no one in here. They should have put him in the window. This place would have New York nightclub full of people.

"Uhm...th-thanks." Dumbass!

"You looking for anything particular?"

You. "No, just looking around."

•Don't tell me what it takes my dear to keep you in one spot
Im crazy good at finding a way•


I'm blushing like crazy and I don't even know the guys name. I'm hiding behind a shelf being a total creeper. I just keep looking at him. I've been in her for a half hour just getting the courage to actually talk to him. I'm a doofus, I know. I just can't help but be shy in the company of extremely handsome men.

I notice I have a text from douche, and I look at it.

'Stop ignoring me you emotional pre-teen girl. I apologized! You know that there's no better then me. Just accept it and come crawling back. I might take pity on you if I get dinner to. So, make sure to pick up some pizza skank.'

Queue the waterworks. I angrily shoved my phone back in my pocket. I was about to walk out the door when I heard a siren call my name.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just allergies." I smiled at him to make it more convincing.

"I know for a fact that your eyes aren't watering. It's in the middle of the fall, and you where just looking at your phone."

"So you creeping on me?"

"Well yeah, you've been in here for like forty-five minutes."

"Sorry. I have to go anyway, so I'll just leave." That was enough embarrassment for one day. I just wanna go home and cram ice cream in my face. Maybe I'll watch the dear John and scream at my television.

"No, stay. I don't get company very often."

"Are you sure? I'm not exactly company."

He winks and says "crystal on this one gorgeous."

I think I just died a little bit. He definitely just shaved some years off of me.

•For all of my days I'll be brave, I'll be stronger
And always keep a hand on my pride
Cause if I build it with care it will last that much longer
I'll always give you somewhere to hide•


We ended up talking and I learned his name was Alex. I showed him the text and told him what happened. He was a little less then impressed. After he got done looking at my phone I thought he was gonna break it. I was actually scared for my phone.

"Jack you deserve so much better then this guy! I swear I'd break him if I could!"

"It's okay Alex I just ignore him most of the time."

"You don't deserve this kind of treatment though, no one in the world does."

"Thanks Alex"

"Tell you what, the next time he texts, calls, or comes over just shoot me a text or come over. No, infact just come over. I'll cram you full of ice cream and we can scream at Leonardo D'caprio on the titanic together."

I laughed and said "sounds like a good time Alex."

"As long as you're smiling Jack, as long as you're smiling."

•So let me kiss you head to toe
Upon this tabletop
And baby you can have it your way•


I was over at Alex's house enjoying his magnificent company. We've been hanging out a lot for the past couple months. Mostly because Dakota wouldn't leave me alone and still won't. He was really beginning to get to me. He was in the kitchen making food. I'm not exactly sure what, but it smelled delicious. I was leaning on a small kitchen table in the corner of the room.

"Jacky boy you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine lex no worries."

"Don't lie to me I can tell by your face something's wrong."

"Dakota has just been getting to me real bad recently. I keep thinking what if he's right you know?"

Alex didn't say anything to me after I said that. He turned off the stove and pushed the pot of food he was cooking aside. He came over and stood in front of me with a peculiar face. I he caughte off gaurd and pushed me till I was sitting on his table.

I was really scared. I didn't know what was going on in his head. I started to try and push him away. "Just relax Jack. I'm not gonna do anything."

I relaxed and just went with what he was gonna do. He put his hand on my cheek. Cradling my face in a way. He started giving me light kisses all over my face, arms, chest. He just basically kisses me everywhere he could. He then places both his hands on my cheeks.

"Don't let him get to you Jack. You're not anything he tells you, and you never will be. He just realized that you're the best he's going to get. So he's bringing you down to try and get you to stay with him. You don't need him Jack, you have me. That if, you want me anyway.

I cried. I seriously cried my eyes out. I've never felt so loved by someone. "Don't cry Jack it's okay. You don't have to be with me you know." He looked extremely hurt.

"I wouldn't have it any other way Alex." I continued to cry, but at least he knew it was happy tears. He just smiled and held me to him.

•I'll keep you safe and warm you know im never gonna stop
Cause babe I think we'll make it someday•


Alex and I where together. A couple. Boyfriends. That word get me giddy everytime I think it. Just having Alex as my boyfriend is enough to keep a smile on my face for years. I was at my apartment and Alex was on his way over. He decided to come to my place since I've been going to his. That and I'm pretty sure he just wants to punch Dakota if he comes over. He hasn't been contacting me since Alex sent him a text message when we got together. It was a very well worded text I must say.

I heard a knock at my door and jumped off my couch in a fit of joy. I almost knocked over a table and a bookshelf runnin to my door. When I opened the it wasn't Alex. I felt the blood drain from my body. It was Dakota.

"Hey Jack. Your slut here with you?"

"Alex isn't a slut. Not like you."

His face grew an angry expression and I tried to close the door. He just put his hands up, and pushed it open. Dakota came in slamming the door behind him.

"Listen Jack. I've been real patient with you. I have been trying and trying, but you just don't seem to get it. You're mine. You don't belong to anyone else. No one else is gonna want you. Alex took pity on you that's it."

"No he didn't. That's not like Alex at all. He's nothing like, in fact, he's better the you eve have been-or will be."

"Shut your dirty tramp mouth!"

Dakota lashed out and punched me in my gut. I fell to my knees trying to regain some air. He just kicked me onto my side. He continued to yell at me wilst spewing venom out of his mouth. I don't think I've cried this much since he broke up with me while on vacation.

I couldn't see through the tears, and my face was shoved into the floor. I heard someone come in and I could only hope it was Alex.

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Doesn't matter who I am, what the fuck do you think you're doing to my boyfriend."

"Oh, so your this sluts boyfriend? Jack does know how to pick them."

"He's not a slut."

"Yes he is. It's fine though I don't need him. Not when I could have a fine piece of ass like you instead. Why don't you ditch the tramp."

I didn't hear Alex say anything. I imagined the worse. I couldn't see what was happening because Dakota has his foot on my back. Keeping me nailed face first into my floor. I heard a crack then someone scream.

"What the fuck!"

"Listen good! You're going to leave and never come back here. If I hear you messed with Jack, texted him, even came within ten feet of him I will break you. Understand?"

"You won't be able to do anything to me pretty boy!"

"Maybe not but I know two boys that would be more then willing."

"Whatever this skank isn't worth my time."

Dakota lifted his foot off my and stomped out of my apartment. I painfully rolled over to see Alex. He had a heartbroken look on his face as he was walking over to me. He picked me up and settled me in his lap on the couch.

"I'm so sorry Jack."

"It's okay Alex you didn't know. I didn't even know he's do that. He's always had a bit of an anger problem but he's never hit me before."

"I just hated seeing you so abused. Laying on the floor like that, and then him just yelling at you. It made my blood boil."

"It's okay Alex really. You're here and saved me."

He give me a kiss on the cheek and whispered "I need my future husband in one piece."

I blushed. I didn't hear everything he said but I know I heard him say 'husband.'

"What?"

"Nothing babe lets get you cleaned up."

•For all of my days
I'll be happy to hold you
And always go that extra mile•


Alex and I where laying in bed just cuddling. He had just gotten back from work awhile ago. We've been together for a few months now, and I was wondering if I should ask him to move in. He's over here a lot anyway, even after he work he just comes straight to my apartment.

I was about to ask him about it when I felt him pull me tighter. I was laying on his chest with my hands curled into his shirt. He kissed the top of my head, and breathed a content sigh.

"You know how amazing you are Jack?"

"Not very, why?"

He looked at me odd. "Get up sweets I have something for you."

I got up and watched him walk out the room. I heard him fiddling with his belongings in my living room. I wanted to go see what he was doing, but he never asked me to follow. If it was a surprise I didn't want to ruin it. I sat in my bed, and not to long after I heard him pad back down the hallway.

"I've been wanting to do this for a long while, but just didn't know how. Figured now was as good a time as any."

He handed me a blue felt box. I'm sure my eyes grew about three sizes, because I heard him chuckle. I was to nervous to open it.

"Alex I-"

"Just open it please."

I shakily opened the box. I didn't find what I though was in there though. I actually had no idea what it was. There was a heart encased by two hands with a crown on the top.

"It's a claddagh ring. It stands for love, loyalty, and friendship. It has more meaning to me then a promise ring. I wanted to show you how much I really do care."

I took out the ring and put it on my hand. It is now the most precious thing I have. They most precious thing beside Alex.
He miffed me a little when he went and took the ring off my finger. Was I not supposed to wear it?

"I don't think you wanna wear it like that babe."

"Why?"

"Traditionally wearing it on your left ring finger with the heart facing out means your engaged."

"Oh."

He chuckled and put it on my right hand with the heart facing in.

"So what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I've captured your heart."

•And if we build it with care, I'll be there like I told you
I'll always give you reason to smile•


Alex has been gone quite frequently lately. He got a new job as the manager of some supermarket. Since he just got the job I guess there's a lot he needs to do. He normally doesn't get home until pretty late, but he gets the weekends off. So we normally end up spending the weekend curled up watching movies.

I miss having him home more often, but I savior the time I actually have with him. It's just made it that much more special for me. Knowing that I don't actually get it that often. I was almost asleep on the couch watching a movie when I heard Alex come in. I couldn't for the life of me remember what I was watching. I wasn't really paying that much attention anyway.

"Babe I'm home, what are you doing on the couch?"

"Waiting for you."

"Your just to much for me sometimes. What would I do without you?"

"Find some handsome prince to whisk you away."

He chuckled at me as I got up and started walking towards the bed. I had shut the television off, and he followed.

"No, I already have my prince. He is a tall dark-haired beauty."

Before I could respond he gave me a kiss as I we where settling into bed. I laid my head on his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair. I fell asleep like that. Even better I woke up to his sweet face as well. Bad part was I had managed to catch a cold throughout the night.

I turned away from Alex as I felt a coughing fit come about. As I was hacking up a lung Alex stirred and sat up in bed. I felt a cool hand against my forehead.

"Babe are you okay? You feel like you might have a fever."

"No, I think I'm sick."

"My poor boy I'll call into work so I can stay home and take care of you."

"It's okay you can go Alex. I'll be fine and I don't want you to get sick."

"Are you sure? It really wouldn't be a problem."

"It's fine lex just go."

"Okay. Take a nap and I'll be home soon."

I fell asleep after I heard him leave the apartment. I'm not exactly sure how long I was out for but, I woke up to the smell of chicken noodle soup and a kiss to my forehead. When I opened my eyes i saw Alex beside the bed with a tray.

"Babe I thought you where at work?"

"I was but i came home. I couldn't leave you here sick all by yourself."

"Won't you get in trouble?"

"No. The assistant manager took over. I can stay home for a few days with you jack it's really no problem."

"Alex?"

"Yeah Jack?"

"I love you."

Alex bent down and kissed my cheek. I could see him smiling out of my peripheral vision. "I love you to Jacky." Truth be told though, he did end up getting sick.

•When I get you alone
Darling you satisfy me•


It was mine and Alex's one year anniversary today. He took me out for a night on the town. Then made an amazing dinner when we got back home. Our dishes and wine glasses had been left forgotten on the table. Alex and I where making out slowly on the couch. His hands cradled my face as I straddled his lap. He started to litter kisses down my neck.

He started to give me a hickey. I gasped and moaned quietly as he continued. I grabbed a hold of his hair and pulled him close in order to keep him on that spot. To my displeasure he stopped. Alex grabbed a hold of my sides and set me so I was laying down on the couch. He turned himself to sit on my legs. I grabbed his face to continue kissing him.

Out tongues didn't meet for long before he was kissing back down my jaw. He slid his hands underneath my shirt, and started rubbing my sides. He scooted my shirt up to my arm pits. Then littered my chest with kisses. Touching me wherever he could. He left hickies on my collarbones and all over my stomach. As he was working on one where my happy trail was he rutted up into him. I felt his moan vibrate off my skin. I continued to move my hips into his as everything became a blur. Clothes being taken off, kisses, pain, and so much ecstasy. It all blurred together into an act of lustful love. He praised me the entire way through. Holding my hand, and never taking his eyes off me. I've never felt so loved by someone in my entire life. He fell to my side and cuddled into my chest. Satisfied and happy I fell asleep holding my love.

•Im always at home
When it's you standing by me
Dont give us away, baby please stay•


My relationship has been crumbling between my hands. I don't even know how to fix it. Alex has been working a lot more then usual lately. He even goes out on the days he has off, but won't tell me where he's going. I don't think he's cheating, because there hasn't been any hickeys or foreign smells on him. I don't get that much affection from him much anymore.

When I do get affection it just seems extremely half-hearted on his part. If I give him some it's the same when received. I just think our time is up. That this is the end of us. I've tried to talk, and I've tried to rekindle what it seems we've lost. Nothing has worked, and I don't think Alex is trying anymore. If he's not going to try then there isn't much I can do anymore.

I took slowly took my ring off and looked at it. I remembered when he gave it to me. That is still one of my most cherished memories. He told me everything about the ring. How wearing it different ways means different things. I don't remember exactly what they all are anymore though. I put the ring on his bedside table, along with a key to the apartment. Then sat on the bed and cried, while I waited for my lost love to come home.

When I heard Alex walk through the door it was earlier then I thought it was gonna be. He came running into the better with excitement, and tackle hugged me. He seemed so happy I almost forgot that I needed to talk to him. So, I gently pushed him away. Here goes nothing. A year and a half of happiness about to be erased away.

"Alex I we need to talk."

"I know! I have something amazing to ask you."

"Oh, what is it?"

"No you can go-wait, where's your ring?"

"That's what I needed to talk about."

"Oh no, babe please no!"

"Alex there isn't much left for us. Your hardly ever home anymore. Your at work during the entire week, we don't spend anymore time on the weekends. If and when I get affection it's always half-hearted. If I'm the one to give you a kiss its the same when you give it back. It doesn't feel like you're trying anymore Alex. Talking doesn't seem to be working either, because you just say there's nothing wrong."

"Jack please no I can explain I swear."

"I just think our time is up Alex." I had sobbed out to him. The tears came halfway through my speech. I'm surprised he could even understand what I was saying to him anymore.

He started to whisper something. "I was trying to buy us a house."

"What?"

"I said I was trying to buy us a house."

I froze in place. I don't think I've ever felt so stupid in my entire life. Here I am about to give up an entire relationship, and he's been trying to help it.

"I'm sorry I've been if ignoring you lately. I've been exhausted with work and house hunting. I wanted to surprise you on our anniversary. I just figured if we could survive the month I would ask you about it. I'm so sorry I made you feel this bad baby."

I sobbed. I just pulled him to me and held onto him as if I was dying. I didn't want to ever let him go. I was about to throw away one of the most amazing gentlemen to grace this earth, just because I felt a little neglected. I should have known he's be up to something like this. He's always had my best intentions in mind. Even through the fight and disagreements he's stood by and loved me. I'm such a fool. A stupid fool.

"I'm so stupid Alex. I thought that maybe you'd given up, that you didn't love me anymore."

"Jack I could never stop loving you even if I tried."

Alex got up off the bed and went to his beside table. He grabbed the ring then walked back towards me. He put it on my left ring finger facing upwards.

"Babe I was gonna wait to do this, but I figured now would be better."

I stared at him a little more then lost. I don't exactly remember what he told me this means.

"Do you not remember?"

I literally sat there for at least a good five minutes trying to figure it out. As I was staring into space I could faintly hear Alex chuckle beside me. As had just given up because I couldn't remember it hit me like a lightening bolt. I turned around towards him shocked out of my mind.

"So Jacky boy, would you stay with me always?"

"Yes! Yes of course I will Alex."

It was my turn to tackle hug him excitedly onto the bed. I won't have to lose him.

•I'll give you shelter, out of the rain
Oh ill make a good day, out of the pain
If you got a long way down, I'll feel the same
I'll give you shelter, Out of the rain.•
♠ ♠ ♠
For those of you reading tragic to romantic. I'm not putting the story on hiatus, and I'm sorry it takes me so long to update. I've been spending time with my boyfriend a lot recently and trying to be a little more social. I promise to have an update for that tomorrow since I've already started it. Much love, and stay beautiful ❤