Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

019:

Chapter Nineteen
-Mike-
"You all right?" I asked as we walked back to the locker room because it was the end of the game and we had won one to zero, Alyssa scoring the winning goal. When her penalty hit zero, she jumped out of the box and headed for us, we were in our zone, defending from then Penguins getting a goal. Alyssa had came in and swooped up the puck, taking it towards Fleury and then shooting it in the net. Everything had happened so fast that I didn't even realize what had happened until the horn was going off saying that we had scored.

"I'll be fine," she smirked as she collapsed onto the bench and pulled her arm up so she could look at her hand.

"Did you break anything?" I asked and she scoffed and I grabbed her hand to look at the almost swollen skin, her one knuckle had a cut on it, but it looked fine, didn't feel broken, "You need how to throw a punch," I smirked.

"I thought I did just fine," she laughed and pulled back her hand and started to take her gear off, but heard Coach call her, Nick and Tomas Vokoun to go back on the ice because they had won the stars of the game, and Alyssa had taken the number one slot. The guys cheered as she left the locker room only to return a few minutes later, after skating on the ice and waving to the fans.

"So Red, how does it feel to get into your first fight- sort of," Alex laughed as he threw his arm around her shoulder and Alyssa smirked.

"You're just happy that I punched Crosby," she smiled and Alex smirked and nodded his head, "I knew it!"

"How did it feel?" Nick asked.

"Hurt the hell!" Alyssa yelled and then shook her hand while we all laughed.

-Alyssa-
"Wakey, wakey," I heard mutter in my ear and I groaned.

"No," I muttered and then cuddled into my bed more, holding the pillow that was tight against my chest even tighter. I felt the blankets being pull from my body and I groaned and tried to pull them off. Today was my day off, what asshole was waking me up?"

"Come on AJ," I heard and growled, knowing that voice, "Don't growl at me," he said amused and I just hid my head under my pillow, "Come on."

"What do you want Green?!" I growled, voice muffled at the fact that my face was under a pillow, "It's my day off!"

"Training," he said and I pulled my head out of the pillow and saw him standing at the end of the bed, smirking towards me.

"Training for what?"

"You need to learn how to punch, no teammate of mine is gunna not know how to fight," he said and I groaned and looked at the clock to see that it was about six thirty in the morning.

"The sun's not even up!" I yelled and then snatched my blankets and threw them back over me, planning on going to bed.

"Nope, up!" he yelled, taking the blankets again.

"Mike!" I whined.

"Alyssa!" he mocked and then I felt him grab my ankles and pull me towards the end of the bed, "Up."

I looked at him surprised as he basically stood in-between my legs and stared down at me. I sighed and then slugged my shoulders, "Fine, out so I can change."

"Nope," he said and I looked at him with wide eyes, "You'll just go back to bed-"

"Like any other sensible person on their day off!" I growled and Mike smirked and then bent down. I gulped because it was bad enough that my legs were dangling off of the bed and he was standing in-between my legs. I laid on my back, leaning up on my elbows, looking up at him only wearing jeans and a tight tank top, his biceps noticeable. I mentally cursed because I was wearing Spongebob pajama pants and a white tank top that I'm pretty sure was a little see through, and I had no bra on. Now he's leaning down, and I'm getting this feeling in my stomach, not sure if it was a good or bad one. His hands were pinned into the mattress on each side of my head and he was a few inches from my face, '...Don't do anything stupid, Green!...'

"Up," was all he said before pulling away and leaving me dazed there, smelling the sweet smell of his cologne, feeling his body heat close to mine, feeling his warm breath on my face.

'...Shit...' I thought because I couldn't think of stuff like this, I had Milan, '...Did I really have Milan? What are Milan and I?...'

"Come on, Alyssa," Mike said before throwing clothes at me and walking towards the door, "Don't go back to bed!"

I watched him leave my room and close my door. I looked down at the clothes that laid on my stomach and sat up to see that it was a sports bra and basketball shorts, "Did you dig through my dresser?!"

-Milan-
"Yo, did you catch the Caps game last night?!" Nathan asked as I walked into his living room to see him sitting on his couch holding his son and watching NHL Tonight.

"No, we had a game," I smirked and shook my head, "Remember? Did you get hit with a puck and I didn't see it?"

"Shut up! I meant the highlights!"

"Not yet, I recorded it, but I didn't watch it yet," I said as I collapsed onto the couch and looked to see Nathan smirking, "What?"

"You gotta watch it," he said and I looked at him confused.

"I mean, I heard that AJ got the winning goal, what else?" I asked and Nathan grabbed the remote and started to press some buttons. I looked towards the TV to see him rewinding something, and through all the fast pace, I saw Alyssa in-between two Penguins players, she threw punches and my eyes widened, "What?"

"Yeah, I know," he laughed and then hit play, showing the highlight from the very beginning. He showed Crosby pushing Ovechkin into the boards, they argued, and then it showed how Alyssa shoved Jordan Staal.

"I'm gunna kill that prick," I grumbled, hearing Nathan chuckle and I watched as the two said some words, Alyssa shoved him again, more words, and then Alyssa dropped her gloves and threw a punch at Staal.

"Dude! If you don't do anything with her, I'm taking up a second wife!" Nathan said and I glared at him as he laughed.

"I heard that!" Tammy, his wife, yelled from the kitchen and Nathan flinched.

"Love you!"

"Shut up!" Tammy yelled and I smirked and shook my head, grabbing the remote and rewinding it to the part where she punched Staal.

I watched as she pushed him again and he fell to his ass, Crosby came over and my grip on the remote tightened, and I smirked when she punched him across the jaw.

"You better call her, I wanna hear how her hand is doing!" Nathan said as I watched on the TV as Alyssa was being escorted to the box, "Looch!" he called when I didn't respond to him.

"Huh? Wha-"

"Call her!" he said and I nodded my head, placed the remote down and lifted my hip so that I could reach into my back pocket and grab my phone.

It rang five times, I thought I was going to get her voicemail, the next ring would have went to voicemail. But she answered and I looked at the clock to see that it was after eleven, she sounded out of breath and rushed, "Hey."

"Hey!" Alyssa said happily and I looked over towards Nathan who grabbed the phone and put it on speaker.

"RED!" Nathan yelled and Alyssa laughed.

"Hey Nate, what's up?"

"What are you doing?" I asked, but she was breathing heavily.

"Training," she said plainly and I heard a guys voice in the back and Alyssa yell for him to shut up.

"What's going on?" I asked angrily, not liking that she wasn't alone.

"Did you watch the game?" she asked.

"Saw the highlight, nice hits-"

"And goal!" Nathan cut in and I heard her giggle.

"Thanks, well, Green didn't like my punch, so he and some of the other guys are teaching me how to throw pretty ones. Alex is excited to see me punch Sid again," she laughed and I smirked, but still didn't like the idea of her being with other guys, even though they are her teammates.

"All right, call us when you're finishing up!" Nate yelled, "Dylan says hi!"

"Dylan! Oh, where's my cutie pie?!" she squealed and I chuckled.

"I'll talk to you late, AJ," I said and smirked towards Nathan.

"Will do," she laughed.

"I miss ya, Alyssa," I said and then felt Nathan's hand on my shoulder.

"I miss you too," she said softly and I smiled, "I'll see you soon, I have to go, I'll call you back later."

"All right, bye," I said and she hung up. Nathan was laughing and I looked up to see him shaking his head and smirking, "What?"

"Man, you've got it bad!"

"Shut up!"