Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

020:

Chapter Twenty
-Alyssa-
"Son of a bitch," I growled as I stormed into the locker room and collapsed onto the bench, angry at the fact that we had lost to the Sunday afternoon away game against the Penguins in overtime, I was angry at the fact that if Fleury didn't block my shot, we could have won.

Since the last time we played the Penguins, we won both home games against Tampa Bay and Carolina, lost the home game against the Islanders, won the away game against Montreal, and then lost the away game against Carolina. It was the end of the month, tomorrow I had practice, and then the day after that, we played the Bruins.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up," Mike said and I sighed and nodded my head, changing out of my gear and then heading towards the showers, not saying a word to my teammates.

'...He's probably pissed at me for missing...' I thought as I turned the water on in my stall and let the water come down onto me, '...Probably thinks that I'm trying to sabotage the team again...'

When I finished my shower, I got dressed in the separate part of the stall and then walked into the locker room to see some of the guys throwing shirts on or tying their shoes. I walked over towards my locker and started to pack my things when I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Alex standing there.

"Nice try," he smirked and then patted my shoulder.

I gave a small smile and nodded my head and then watched as he walked back over towards his stall and I continued with cleaning up my stall. Once I was finished, Mike so happened to be finished as well. We grabbed our things and walked out of the locker room and headed down the hall.

"You all right?" he asked and I nodded my head, "Good, it wasn't your fault," Mike said as we turned the corner and came face to face with some Penguins walking towards us.

"Great," I muttered, seeing Jordan Staal leading the pack.

"Just keep your head down," Mike whispered and I sighed and adjusted my bag on my shoulder.

"Hey gorgeous!" Jordan yelled and I rolled my eyes and heard Mike growl.

"Go away, Staal!" I muttered, shoving Mike along, trying to walk around them.

"Hey now! Don't be like that," he laughed and then grabbed my wrist and tugged me bag.

"Staalsy, come on," Evgeni Malkin said and placed his hand on Jordan's shoulder, "Leave her alone."

"Let me go," I growled and heard Mike throw his bag on the ground.

"Oh come on, I just want to talk," Jordan smiled and I shook my head.

"Let me go, or I'm gunna hurt you," I said and he laughed.

"I'd like to see you try! You gunna throw one of your 'punches' at me?" Jordan laughed and Mike took a step forward, but I placed my hand on his shoulder, not looking at him.

"No," I said and Jordan laughed, "Let me go, I won't tell you again."

"Jordan! Let her go!" I heard and turned my head to see Sidney walking down towards me with some of his teammates behind him, "I told you what would happen if you bothered her again!"

"Oh come on Sid, she-" I growled and then kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and then heard him cry out and collapse to the floor.

"Told ya I wouldn't punch ya," I growled and then picked up my bag and turned towards Mike who was smirking and shaking his head, "What?"

"Cheap shot."

"Piss off!" I growled and turned to see some of my teammates turning the corner and wondering what was going on. I looked towards Sidney and he sighed and shook his head, "I told you."

"Sorry," he muttered and I rolled my eyes, adjusted my bag, turned my heels and headed for the exit, hearing my teammates walking behind me and smirking because I had left Jordan on the ground groaning.

When we got to the bus, the guys were laughing and patting my shoulders, but busting me for giving Jordan a cheap shot. I ignored them and took my window seat and put my headphones on, turning to see Nick taking the seat next to me.

We flew back to DC that night and I got home probably around ten thirty, eleven. Rebecca was gone on her trip to Florida, so it was just Duke and I. He was by himself for only a night, but I had asked my neighbor if she could take him outside and feed him.

When I got home, I played with Duke a little, trying to wear him out because he was hyped up to see me, and then went to bed, thinking about today's events

-Mike-
"So we're playing against your friends tomorrow," Nick said to Alyssa and she smiled and nodded her head.

"I can't wait to show them up!" she squealed and we smirked and shook our heads.

"It's gunna as bad as when we play the Pens," Jay said and the guys laughed.

"Probably worse because I'm friends with almost the whole team," she smiled brightly.

"How'd that happen?" I asked and she sighed.

"Story for another time," Alyssa said and then skated off the ice since we had just finished our morning skate.

"How come we barely know anything about her?" Jason asked and I shrugged my shoulders and then rubbed the back of my head.

"She definitely likes her secrets," Nick said and I nodded my head.

"As long as she plays well tomorrow, I don't care," Alex said and I nodded my head.

"You starting to trust her?" I smirked and Alex sighed.

"I didn't not trust her," he said and I looked at him confused.

"You had a funny way of showing it before."

"She needed to be pushed," Alex said and I nodded my head and watched as he skated off the ice as well.

"Man, Green, you've got it bad for her," Carlson laughed and I glared.

"Shut up!"

-Alyssa-
"That's great, Becca! Have fun at the beach!" I said as I pulled into my driveway and hung up from talking to my sister.

I parked my car and grabbed my phone to see that I had a voicemail, Milan had called. I placed the phone to my ear and listened to Milan tell me that he and the team were getting ready to board the plane and head to DC, they should be at their hotel around five, and he was wondering if we could do something.

I texted him back, apologizing for missing his call because I was on the phone with my sister, but I told him that I would love to do something with him. I walked into my house and into my kitchen because I was starving. I made some food and sat down on the couch to watch some TV. There was nothing on, and since I had time, I decided that I was going to stick in the Game of Thrones season one that Milan had gotten me for Christmas, and watch it, since I never finished the season.

Before I knew it, it was five thirty, and I was getting a phone call from Milan. I smiled and then answered the phone, "Hey hubby!"

"Wifey!" Milan laughed, "We're here, what would you like to do?"

"Stay in all night long," I smiled and Milan groaned.

"I'm good with that, I'll get a cab-"

"No! I'll come and get you," I said and then stood up and grabbed my car keys and looked at myself in the mirror.

"No, it's all right, I'll get a cab," he said and I sighed.

"All right," I muttered, "I'll cook something up, you hungry?"

"Starving," he said and I laughed and nodded my head.

"See you soon, hubby."

"See you soon, wifey," Milan said and I hung up and started running towards my room, kind of happy that he said he would get a cab, because I needed to get changed, probably take care of some things before he got here.

"Shit! Why didn't I do this when I got home?!" I growled as I dug through my closet for something to wear, trying to figure out if I wanted someone causal or dressy.

I decided on causal and grabbed some jeans and a tight white short sleeve shirt, I know it was winter, but I didn't think we were going anywhere. I quickly picked up my room and practically threw everything into the closet, running around like a mad woman to make sure that the house was clean, kicking myself for wasting time sitting on my ass watching TV.

I jumped into the shower and did some last minute shaving before quickly getting out and changing into my clothes. I ran down the hallway, still pulling my pants up, and as I got into the kitchen, I buttoned the button and zipped up the zipper. I sighed as I looked in the mirror and decided to leave my hair up in a messy pony tail, because it looked cute. I looked at the time and saw that I had taken at least a half hour, it usually took my about half hour to get home from the arena, so Milan would be here any minute.

I looked in my fridge and saw that I had all different kinds of food, so I decided to bring out the chicken and grill it on my stovetop grill, planning on sautéing some veggies and roasting some potatoes while I was at it.

As I chopped the broccoli into smaller pieces, I heard a car door close from outside and groaned because it was probably him. Duke ran down the hall and started to bark, I sighed and looked around to see that everything was clean. I looked at the food and turned the heat on low as I walked out of the kitchen, hearing the doorbell ring and Duke barking.

Once last look in the mirror and I was heading towards the door. I looked over the living room and saw that it looked nice, one adjustment of the pillow and I looked to see that I still had the TV paused on Game of Thrones. I cursed and turned the TV off just as the doorbell rang again.

I quickly turned around and cursed as I stubbed my toe into the table behind the wall. I groaned and hopped over towards the door and tried to compose myself as I opened the door and grabbed Duke's collar because he wanted to run out.

"Hey," I heard and smiled brightly when I saw Milan standing there with roses and a bottle of wine.

"Hey back," I giggled and then moved out of the way so that he could come in, still holding Duke.

"Hey buddy," Milan smirked as he looked down at Duke, "These are for you," he said and then handed me the bouquet of roses.

"Thank you, they're beautiful," I smiled and then kissed his cheek and closed the door, letting Duke go to jump on Milan.

"I brought wine, your favorite," he said and I took the wine and smiled at the bottle, "Girls and their chocolate."

"I got you beer," I smirked and Milan laughed and stood up from petting Duke.

"I've missed you," he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him, pressing his lips onto mine.

"I missed you too," I smiled, '...Oh lordy, I'm in for it tonight...'