Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

033:

Chapter Thirty Three
"Here! Here!" I called as Pavel Datsyuk skated down the ice with the puck.

I saw that he was about to be cornered by Erik Karlsson, Shea Weber and Daniel Alfredsson. Pavel saw me and passed the puck, I grabbed it and turned quickly on my skates, spraying snow into Kris Letang because he was going to try and steal the puck and I needed to get out of our zone and head towards Team Alfredsson's goaltender, Brian Elliott.

I knew I wasn't going to make it to the net without the puck being stolen from me. I saw my teammate Marian Gaborik open to the left of me and past the puck towards him, he then passed it to Kimmo Timonen while I snuck up next to Elliott. Timonen passed it to Chara, who passed the puck to Pavel and then pushed Claude Giroux away, because he was getting in Chara's space. Pavel had the puck for only a moment, saw that I was at the net and passed it to me, and I shot it towards the net. The horn blew saying that the puck had gone it. I threw my hands in the air and skated over towards Pavel, Marian, Kimmo and Chara, joining in the congratulations circle.

"All right Red!" Chara said and I laughed and nodded my head, smiling brightly.

It was four minutes and thirty four seconds into the first period, the score was one to zero, it was still too soon to tell how this game was going to go. I skated over towards the bench and punched fists with all the guys and then walked through the door and sat at the end of the bench to let Corey Perry on to replace me.

Evgeni, Jarome Iginla, Marian Hossa, Ryan Suter and Brian Campbell were on the ice, almost two minutes after I had scored the first goal in the game, Evgeni scored. We just up from the bench and cheered, and then sat back down and gave Evgeni a hand slap when he skated past us.

Coach patted my shoulder and called out a shift number, this is the shift where I was the centerman. I jumped over the boards and skated onto the ice, alongside Patrick Kane, Jamie Benn, Chara and Dennis. Chara and I worked well on the ice together, so it was only natural for him to be in the same shift as me, and with Dennis being my teammate from the Capitals, we usually were stuck together because we knew each other's moves.

I faced off against Claude Giroux, I didn't like this guy, when we played against the flyers, he was a sneak and didn't play fair, and what pissed me off the most, was that most of the moves he pulled, the refs didn't call him on.

"Hello sunshine," he smirked as he bent down and looked at me. I knew he was looking at me, but I tried not to look up, just staring at the ice and waiting for the ref to drop the puck, "What's the matter, sunshine-"

"Shut up," I growled and glared at him, the ref came over dropped the puck and I managed to tap it away towards Chara before our sticks collided and I saw his snap. I smirked when he cursed and threw it to the ground and skated towards his bench. Kane passed the puck over towards me as I skated down the ice towards Elliott.

"On your six, Alyssa," I heard and turned my head a little to say James Neal, "I'm coming for you!"

"Not happening Neal," I smirked and then quickly stopped so that I didn't collide with Dan Girardi, snow had kicked up and covered Girardi's visor. I cursed when I saw James skating back towards Tim Thomas, '...Well played Neal...'

A whistle was blown and Team Alfredsson was being called for offside. I smirked and looked towards Coach to see that he was trading Jamie Benn in for Jarome Iginla, but the rest of us were staying on the ice. I sighed and skated over towards the faceoff circle and faced off against Jason Spezza. He won the puck and I growled and chased after it when the puck was passed to Daniel Alfredsson.

Another whistle was blown and I looked around to see that Chara was being taken over towards the penalty box, he was being penalized for tripping Daniel Sedin. I cursed and then skated back towards the circle, seeing that I was going to face off against Spezza again.

-Milan-
I was a little annoyed to see that none of Alyssa's teammates were here to support her or Wideman in the All Star game. None of them even called her except Green and Backstrom, they were having too good of a time in Florida.

It was the middle of the first intermission, over half of the Bruins were here, and most players from the other teams were here. The Penguins sat two sections from us, and I glared at Staal when he stood up and tried to call for Alyssa during their warm up. I watched as the zambonis cleaned the ice and then looked down when I felt a little hand on my leg. I smiled when I saw Dylan looking up towards me, a sad look on his face.

"Uncle Looch," he said in that two year old tone that made Alyssa squeal with delight.

"What's up little man?" I asked as I picked him up and placed him on my lap.

"Is Auntie ok?" he asked and I sighed, he's talking about towards the end of the first period, Shea Weber tripped Alyssa and she flew into the net, knocked it off of its pegs and bumped into the boards. I was worried, but she quickly got back up, so I assumed she was fine.

"I'm sure she is, we would know if she wasn't," I said and ruffled his shaved head.

"Yo Looch, some of them are here!" I heard Brad say from two seats down, Nathan sitting next to me, Tuukka next to him and then Brad. Tammy was off with one of the other girlfriends that had showed up.

"What?" I asked confused and he nudged his head to the top of the next section and I see Green, Backstrom, Ovechkin and two other's that I couldn't remember their names, but they were rookies, "Were they there before?"

"Don't know," he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"At least they're here," I said and Nathan nodded his head.

"Show your teammates some support," Tuukka said and I nodded my head and looked back towards the ice to see that they were coming back out again, seeing it was almost the end of the first intermission and the score was tired, three to three.

-Alyssa-
"How the hell did that not go in-Oh my god!" I laughed out of frustration and shook my head.

"I don't know," Tyler smirked and patted my shoulder, "Don't worry, we're still up by two."

It was seven minutes into the second period, I had the puck, I was at the net, I shot it and still missed, well technically it hit the post, but I was still frustrated. We had already scored twice, once almost a minute and a half into the game by Marian Gaborik and another over two minutes later by Joffrey Lupul, I managed to assist Lupul, and other than my missed shot, that was all the time I had on the ice so far.

I sighed and then skated over towards the circle and watched as Tyler faced off against John Travares. Seventeen seconds later, Jason Pominville had the puck and skated towards Tim Thomas. We knew that they got the goal considering that he had snuck past everyone and had clear ice from the center to the net.

I was called back to the bench and parked my butt for over ten minutes. It wasn't until there were two minutes left in the period, three opponent goals later, was I brought back onto the ice. The score was five to six, Team Alfredsson was in the lead.

Evgeni faced off against Steven Stamkos, he won the puck and then passed it to Kane who then passed it to Brian Campbell, who then passed it to me, all while skating down the ice and towards Elliott. Campbell and Kane skated behind the net and I went right towards Elliot. The clock was ticking and we needed to get a goal.

I passed the puck to Evgeni who shot the puck and hit Elliot right in the chest. Campbell picked up the puck, but it hit the post. Letang grabbed the puck and went to skate off, but I snapped around and grabbed the puck, shot it towards Kane who then shot it at the net and scored. The horn sounded and Evgeni, Patrick, Brian and I hugged each other and I smiled brightly towards Patrick.

"Nice pass!" he smirked.

"Skill," I smirked and then turned around, heading back towards the bench, '...Please, that was all luck...'

The was about a minute left in the period, the score was tied six to six. Coach kept up on the ice to finish the period off.

-Milan-
"GO AJ, GO!!!" Brad was on his feet and yelling as Alyssa had the puck and skated down the ice towards Brian Elliot. She had just got out of the penalty box for serving a two minutes penalization for hooking. I thought it was a bogus call, but no one fought it, well, other than Chara, but nothing changed and the refs were getting a lot of boos. As soon as Alyssa was out of the box, Malkin passed her the puck and she was down the ice.

"YES!!!" we were in our seats cheering because Alyssa had a clear shot for the net, seeing that Brian Elliott had tripped over himself while trying to predict where Alyssa was going to shoot. The score was now eight to six, Alyssa had scored her second goal of the game and she was pumped. There was still plenty of time left in the final period, but I had a feeling that Chara's team was going to win this game.

Dylan was still jumping up and down, even though the celebration was over and the game was back on, I smirked, because that would have been another time that Alyssa would have scooped the kid up and hugged him tightly.

-Alyssa-
"YES!!!" I cheer as we hopped over towards the center of the ice and congratulate one another because we had just won the All Star game. The final score was twelve to nine and I was more than excited to see that Tyler had scored the final goal, but Chara had scored the game winning goal.

After we did our victor hug and saw the other team heading off the ice, we patted Thomas' helmet, telling him he a good job and then went into the locker room to get ready for the event after the game.