Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

039:

Chapter Thirty Nine
It's been a little over a week since I was released from the hospital, because of my shoulder injury, I missed four games, the home games against the Bruins, we lost; Panthers, we won; Jets, we lost; and then the away game against the Rangers, we lost. I was able to play Monday night's game against the Sharks, but there was another game that we lost.

After the game against the Sharks, I had finished in the locker room and then headed home to get some sleep because I had an early morning flight to Boston. We didn't have another game until Friday and I wanted to see Milan. We didn't have practice until Wednesday late afternoon, so I figured if I flew out early in the morning then I would be all good.

I took a cab to Milan's place after landing around ten, because he couldn't pick me up since he and the guys were in the middle of a morning skate. Milan had left me a key under a false rock and I walked in and breathed in the scent, the whole house smelled like him. I walked into the kitchen and smiled brightly when I saw the dozen roses and a box, it was after all February 14th, the famous Valentine's Day. I opened the box on the counter and gasped when I saw the diamond necklace with a heart pendant.

'...I'm going to kill him, I told him not to get me anything...' I smiled as I took the necklace out of the box and placed it around my neck. I walked over towards the mirror and admired the piece of jewelry around my neck, "It's beautiful."

The boys had a game tonight against the Rangers, so Milan and I weren't able to spend the whole day together, though I was going to sit with Dylan and Tammy in the WAG box and watch the game.

I was at the house for almost two hours before I heard the front door open and heard Milan's voice echo. He and Nathan were the only ones who knew that I was here, I was going to surprise the others at the game tonight.

"Babe!" Milan smiled as he walked over towards me and wrapped his arms around me, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I giggled and then felt his lips on mine, "Thank you for the necklace, it's beautiful."

"I'm glad you like it," he smiled and was about to kiss me again but I slapped his arm, "What was that for?"

"I told you not to get me anything!" I smiled and he chuckled and kissed my neck.

"How's the shoulder?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

"Better," I said and Milan nodded his head and then sniffed the air, "Hungry?"

"Yeah," he said and I smirked and kissed his cheek. I had made spaghetti and meatballs for him, he needed to eat before he took his pregame nap, "Smells great, thanks!"

"No problem," I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest.

"I'm so happy you're here!" Milan said excitedly and I nodded my head, "If we didn't have a game tonight, I'd throw you in the bed and have my way with you all day long."

"Sounds tempting, maybe another time," I smiled and Milan chuckled and kissed my forehead before I started to get the food for him.

-Milan-
I was so happy to wake up from my nap and see that Alyssa was snuggled into my side, I missed her so much. I was happy when I got the call from her a few days ago and she was saying how she was going to come up. I kept it a secret from the guys, except for Nathan because he was there when she called.

I looked over towards my clock and saw that my alarm was going to go off in about five minutes, I sighed and then just laid there. I was on my back, an arm around Alyssa while the other tucked behind my head. She had an arm draped across my stomach while the other tucked in-between our bodies, and our legs were tangled together.

I stared at her, she was beautiful, red hair, green eyes, even asleep she made my body shake with hunger for her. I never told her how I really felt, then again, neither has she, but I've dated her long enough, known her even longer to know that I loved her.

The annoying alarm went off and I felt Alyssa jump a little. She groaned and then shook her head, not wanting to move. I chuckled and then turned onto my side and placed my hand on her hip, then moving it to her thigh and moving back onto my back as I pulled her on top of me.

"You have a game tonight," she said and I sighed and nodded my head, "So behave," she giggled while slapping my hand that was moving up her thigh and under her shorts.

"I can't help it," I chuckled while rolling over and moving on top of her, "You're just so beautiful."

Alyssa pressed her lips against me and then kissed my cheek, "After the game."

"You've got an early flight," I said as I pulled off of her and watched as she walked over towards her suitcase. Alyssa bent down and I groaned at the sight, "Don't you wanna sleep?"

Alyssa turned her head and smirked towards me, "I don't plan on getting much sleep tonight."

I smiled brightly as she picked up the clothes she was going to wear tonight before walking into my bathroom, being sure to leave the door opened as she started to take her clothes off.

'...Damn tease...'

-Alyssa-
"You've been spotted," Tammy said and I looked up towards the jumbotron to see that I was there. I smiled and pointed towards the screen and looked at Dylan on my lap. He laughed and clapped his hands when he saw his picture on the screen.

"So cute!" I squealed as I kissed his cheek and bounced him on my knee, "Tammy, he's so adorable!"

"Thank you."

"Have you found out what you're having?" I asked while looking at Tammy's pregnant stomach.

"Another boy," she said and I smiled.

"When are you due?"

"This summer," she said and I smiled brightly.

"You're going to have another adorable son," I giggled and Tammy laughed.

The first period ended with the score zero to zero. Tammy and I stayed in our seats and we heard her phone going off saying that she had a text. She read it while I played with Dylan and then snapped my head towards her when she started to laugh.

"What?"

"Did you pull a prank on Looch?" she asked and I smiled brightly felt the heat run to my face.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well the guys found it, Nate said that the guys are imagining you in red, the same color of Looch's face now," she said and I laughed, "What did you do?"

'...Guess they know that I'm here...' I covered Dylan's ears and leaned towards Tammy, "Stuck one of my lacy red booty shorts in his bag, surprised it took him this long to find it."

"Oh my god," she laughed and I smirked and nodded my head, "Oh- your necklace, did Milan get you that?"

"Yeah, isn't it pretty?" I asked and she smiled and nodded her head.

"So what did you get him?" she asked and I smirked.

"Tonight," I said and she laughed and patted my leg.

"He's in for it tonight, just sucks you can't stay longer."

"I know, I have practice tomorrow afternoon though," I said and she nodded her head.

By the middle of the second period, the Rangers were up by two and the Bruins were getting rough. I just watched in silence as Milan was in the middle of a fight with Derek Dorsett, a fight which the refs had a hard time breaking up. I winced when Milan took a blow to the face, but mentally cheered when he knocked Dorsett to the ground, picked him back up, punched him and then threw him back to the ground.

'...My man...' I thought as I shivered at the thought of how it would be if he was rough with me in bed.

By the end of the game, the Rangers had won, the final score was three to zero. Tammy and I walked out of the box and headed towards the bottom floor, waiting in the waiting room for the guys. We sat there for a while, Boychuk was the first one out of the room, he gave me a sad smile before walking over towards his wife and hugging her.

Thornton and Chara were the next to walk out, they made their way over towards me and hugged me. I patted Thornton on the back, congratulating him on winning the fight against Dorsett, the same asshole that was roughed up by Milan.

"Eh, he had it coming, his own fault for not staying down when Looch pushed him around," Shawn said and I nodded my head.

"I went easy on the pansy," I turned and then smiled when Milan walked over towards me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pressed his lips against mine, "Hello."

"Hi," I managed to squeak, a large smile on my face.

"I believe I found something of yours in my bag- Well, Bergy found something of yours," he said and I laughed.

"How'd he find it?" I asked and Milan chuckled.

"He went into my bag for some tape," he said and I nodded my head and giggled when I saw Milan's red face.

"That was the best Valentine's present you could get me, Red," I heard and then felt lips on my cheek and turned to see Patrice smiling at me, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," I laughed and saw Milan shove Patrice a little.

'...They're happier than I thought they would be...' I thought since they had lost the game.

"You ready?" Milan asked and I shook my head.

"I wanna see the others before we leave," I said and then heard Shawn snort.

"Leave now before he starts humping air-"

"Yo! Shut up!" Milan playfully shoved Shawn and I laughed.