Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

004:

Chapter Four
We ended up losing against the Penguins and I grew frustrated about that, because Sidney had to rub it in my face, and then my Captain thought that I was conspiring against the team. We sulked back to the locker room and I stayed quiet through everything.

'...This is why I don't let people know my past...' I thought as I finished up in the shower.

I changed into my business suit and then blow dried my hair and then threw it up into a bun. I walked into the locker room to see that some of the guys were pretty much shirtless as I walked over towards my locker and threw my heels on.

"Hey, cheer up, you're the one who got our goal," Mike Green said as I was bent down, hanging over my bag.

I looked up towards him and sighed, "Doesn't meant much since we didn't win."

"Course it does," he smirked and knelt over next to me, "Don't let them think that they're pissed at you, they're just pissed that we lost."

I smirked towards him and then patted his knee, "If you're trying to get into my pants-"

"What? No, it's not- I mean if it- Is it working?" he asked with a nervous smirked.

I giggled a little and then rolled my eyes, patting his knee and then standing up, "Not a chance, but I applaud the effort. See you guys later."

I walked out of the locker room and headed down the hall, happy that I left early enough to miss the media, but not early enough to miss the visiting team walking down the hallway.

"Well, well, well," I turned my head and then sighed and shook my head, "If it isn't little red."

I smirked and rolled my eyes, unamused with that stupid nickname, "What's up kid?"

"Nothing much, nice try today," he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, out with it, I know you're rearing to start with the 'in your face' jokes," I smirked and Sidney laughed and threw his arm around my shoulder, earning a few looks from his teammates.

"Guys, this is Alyssa Brace, we grew up together, taught her everything she knows," he said proudly and I elbowed him in the ribs.

"You wish," I snorted, "I'll give you credit for a little, but I'm all natural buddy," I smirked and Sidney scoffed.

"Nice goal, you still have Flower beating himself up for that one," Sidney muttered and I looked at him confused.

"Flower?"

"Fleury, nickname," he smirked.

"Guys come up with the weirdest and unoriginal nickname," I laughed and Sidney chuckled.

"So where are you off to?" Sidney asked.

"Home."

"Come out with us?" Sidney said and I looked at him and then his teammates.

"No thanks, pretty sure I don't want to go out with the team that just beat us," I stated and Sidney smirked, "Plus my Captain will probably kill me."

"Who Ovi?" Sidney laughed, "Please."

"Now come on Sid, leave it on the ice," I stated, not happy that he was picking a fight.

"You're so loyal, it's stupid," Sidney said and his teammates sighed.

"Drop it, Crosby," I stated and then sight, "We're not on the ice, just go out and celebrate."

"See ya around, AJ," Sidney said as I started to walk away, leaving the Penguins to watch me leave.

-Sidney-
"You know her?" Geno asked and I nodded my head, "She knock you on your ass during game."

"She surprised me," I said and Geno snorted.

"What she say?"

"Nothing," I muttered and then started to walk towards the bus with my teammates.

"You like her?" Geno asked and I scoffed and shook my head.

"Not like that, she's just like another sister," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Uh huh," he said as he got onto the bus and sat in his seat.

When everyone was on the bus, they kept on asking me about Alyssa, they wanted to know more about her. Jordan just kept saying that she was hot and that he wanted to tap that.

"I'd like to see you try," I laughed and Jordan's remark and he smirked, "No seriously, I really want to see you try. She'd chew you up and spit you out in a heartbeat."

"I'm trying to Google her," Jordan said while holding up his phone, "There's like nothing on her, how long has she been playing professional?"

"I think she started last year," I said, "For the Bears, then started with the Caps this year."

"There is nothing on her," he said and I looked at him confused, "I mean, nothing personal, just stats and stuff, but nothing really about her."

"Do you internet stalk all the girls you think are hot?" Cooke asked and I smirked.

"Only the ones that look like they're worth it," Jordan responded and I snorted, "Sid, you said you grew up with her."

"Yeah, but she left Halifax when I was like fifteen," I said, "Her parents got a divorce and she moved with her mom, that's all I know."

"Eh, divorce child, probably has a lot of issues," he said and then placed his phone in his back, "Could be interesting."

"You're not really gunna try and go after her?" Marc asked and Jordan smirked and nodded his head.

"Good luck," I said and then chuckled, "You're seriously going to need it."

"Just gotta show her my Staal charm," he said and the guys and I snorted.

"You're gunna need more than your charm to get her," I said, "Trust me on that one."

"So you do like her!" Geno said as he leaned over the seat behind me.

"Ok, yeah once, we were like fourteen," I said and he smirked, "She didn't even fall for the Crosby charm!"

"You have charm?" Pascal teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Dude, all he has to do is stand there and the bunnies panties go wet!" Jordan yelled and I covered my face and shook my head, "And then he blushes!"

The guys laughed and I scoffed and shook my head, "Assholes."

-Alyssa-
I got home and saw my sister sitting on the couch holding Duke in her lap, I gave her a small smile and then collapsed onto the couch next to her.

"Rough night?" she asked and I groaned and slouched into the couch.

"We lost."

"I figured."

"I'm sick of losing," I said and she laughed.

"I don't think anyone really likes to lose," Rebecca said and I sighed and then yawned, "You should go to bed."

"I think I will," I said and then scratched Duke's head and then stood up from the couch and stretched, "What time do you have school tomorrow?"

"Nine-" she started and then we both turned towards the front door because the doorbell rang, "Who could that be?"

"Probably Mikey," I sighed as Duke jumped down from the couch and barked all the way to the door, "I'm not in the mood," I sighed and then walked over towards the door while my sister stood up and leaned on the back of the couch. I opened the door and my eyes widened as I looked up to not see Mike Green; although, I'd rather see him now, "What the hell- how did you even get address?"

"Followed you," he smirked as his blue eyes shined brightly in the winter moon light and his blonde mop stuck out under his Penguins' hat, "Nice to meet you, heard a lot about you-" I slammed the door in his face and locked the door.

"AJ! He's gorgeous!" Rebecca yelled.

"Thank you!" he yelled through the door, clearly hearing my sister.

"He's a Penguin!" I yelled and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Still gorgeous!" she laughed

"He's Jordan Staal!" I barked and then pointed for her to go to her room.

There was a knock at the door and I sighed and shook my head. Duke was still barking and scratching at the door, wanting to be let out and see who this intruder was.

"If you don't go away, I'm gunna sick my dog on ya!" I yelled and then heard Jordan chuckle.

"Sid said you would play hard to get," Jordan said and my eyes widened and I growled, "I'll wait, my flight doesn't leave for a few hours."

"It's gunna get cold tonight, don't freeze your ass off!" I yelled as I double locked the door and then started to walk around the house to make sure that all of the windows and doors were locked.

"I can't believe that you're going to leave him out there?!" Rebecca said and I rolled my eyes.

"Stay away from him!" I growled and then walked into my room and grabbed my phone and hitting Mike's name.

"Depressed about the loss?" he answered on the first ring, almost as if he was waiting for me.

"I need a little assistance," I said, looking out the window to see that Jordan was just leaning against the door.

"What kind of assistance?" I could hear the smirk on his face, "Sexual ass-"

"Penguin assistance," I corrected.

"You're place?"

"Yup."

"On my way."

"Thank you," I said and then hung up the phone.