Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

041:

Sorry it took so long! I've been out of town!

Chapter Forty One
"Red!" I smiled brightly seeing Tuukka, Brad and Tyler standing in the hotel lobby. I jumped away from my teammates before hopping over towards the guys and hugging them tightly, "You're here!"

"I am!" I smiled and the guys laughed, "Where's Milan?"

"He and Horty were in the middle of an interview- It's running a little late," Brad said and I nodded my head, "We are here to make sure you reach your destination."

"And where would this destination be?" I laughed.

"You'll see- You'll need to change," Tyler said and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on," I said and then handed my bags to the guys and headed over towards the elevators that my teammates had just used to head to their floor.

It was Friday, March 9th, my teammates and I had just flown into Boston for our game against the Bruins tomorrow afternoon. Two weeks had past, seven games, we had won our games against the Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Islanders and Lightning, but lost against the Devils, Flyers, and Hurricanes.

"So what should I wear?" I asked as the four of us walked into my room.

"Clothes if you want," Tyler said and Tuukka slapped him behind the head.

"Thank you," I smiled and Tuukka nodded his head.

"Just wear what you're wearing to the game tomorrow," Brad said and I nodded my head and then grabbed my clothes and walked into the bathroom. I changed into my tight black pencil skirt and button up white blouse, I left my hair down and curled it a little.

"Hot damn girl!" Brad smiled when he saw me walk out of the bathroom.

"You sure we have to bring her to Looch?" Tuukka asked and I laughed and patted his chest as I walked over towards my bag and pulled out my heels.

"Luckily I always carry another outfit just in case," I smiled while I pulled out my dress for the game tomorrow. The guys gave me cat calls and I scoffed, "Stop."

"I change my mind, wear that! You'll be killin' Looch," Tyler said and I sighed and hung up my dress.

'...Maybe I should...' I thought as I smirked and nodded my head, grabbing the dress and then walking into the bathroom, changing out of the skirt and blouse and then sliding into the tight dress. I looked in the mirror and smiled, it was a short sleeves, V-neck tight dress that ended mid-thigh. I walked out of the bathroom and smirked towards the brightly smiling guys, "Marshy, can you zip me?"

Brad walked over towards me and zipped up the back of my dress and then kissed my head, "You're gunna knock him out."

I smiled as I walked over towards my bag and pulled out my red pumps, placing my previous outfit on the dresser, ready for tomorrow. I placed the necklace that Milan had gotten me for Valentine's day on and then fixed my makeup and hair.

"We'll meet you in the lobby, Red," Tyler said and I nodded my head as I filled my small clutch with the important things and listened to my door close.

With one last look into the mirror and a text to Dennis that I was going out, I headed towards my door. Just as I opened the door, I was face to face with some of my teammates.

"Whoa! Pretty lady, where you going?!" Nick asked as he smiled brightly when he saw me.

"Sorry boys, I'm going out," I said as I closed my door and walked past Alex, Mike, Nick and some others.

"With Lucic?" Alex asked and I gave a small smile and nodded my head, "We're going out too."

We shared an elevator, I stood in-between Nick and Marcus. Alex and Mike were behind me and some of the rookies were in front of me.

"So I guess it's getting serious?" I heard and turned to see Mike looking at me.

"Uh yeah, we're pretty serious," I gave an awkward smile when he looked at me sadly.

"How long now?" Nick asked and I turned my head towards him.

"Um, about three months," I said and Nick nodded his head. The elevator door opened and I walked out of it, wishing to run because it was getting awkward. I met up with Brad, Tyler and Tuukka and walked out of the hotel with them.

"You all right?" Brad asked as he looked at my teammates walking out of the hotel.

"Yeah, I'm fine, come on," I said and pulled Brad as I followed Tyler and Tuukka towards the car.

-Mike-
"Dude, you have to calm down," Alex said as he patted my shoulder, "I'm sorry man."

"What the hell?! What does she see in that asshole?!" I growled as I watched as Alyssa walked off with three Bruins players, "If she likes them so much, why doesn't she join that fuckin' team!"

"It's not like it's her fault that she was placed with us," Nick said and I sighed, "They're her friends, let her go- We all know that when it comes to game time, she puts everything aside."

"Yeah, I know, I just-"

"Man, shut up, you're just pissed because she doesn't like you!" Marcus said and I glared at him.

"Come on man, you just need some bunnies to cheer your ass up," Alex said and I sighed and got into the SUV because we were going to hit up some clubs before out midnight curfew.

-Alyssa-
"Where are you three going?" I asked as they dropped my off at Milan's house and headed back towards the car.

"Go inside!" Tuukka said and I sighed and turned around and walked towards the front door.

I gulped when it was unlocked because I was a little nervous, Milan liked to surprise me, and I wasn't really that big into surprises. I walked into the house and saw that it was dark, I turned the lights on and looked around to see no one, but just as the lights had flicked on, I heard soft music in the background, '...What the hell?...'

I walked into the house, locked the door and looked around. I headed into the kitchen, being instantly hit with the smell of delicious smelling food, I didn't see anything, but definitely smelled it. I migrated towards the living room, that's where I heard the music, a Steve Moakler album, one of my favorite artists.

"Milan?" I called as my heels clinked against the hard wood floor. I saw a light in the dining room and walked inside to see the table set up nice and pretty. I smiled and walked around the room, brushing the tips of my fingers against the table cloth. As I walked back to where I started in the room, I felt arms around my waist and lips on my neck.

"You're here," I heard.

"I am," I smiled and turned my body to came face to face with Milan.

"You look beautiful," he said and then kissed my cheek.

I looked him up and down, seeing his grey dress pants and black button up shirt, the top two buttons were undone and I just wanted to melt at the sight of him, "You don't look so bad yourself," I smiled as I ran my hands up his chest and on his shoulders. His hands were on my waste and he pulled my body into his, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," he smiled as he pressed his lips onto mine and then hugged me.

"Did you do all this?" I asked as I turned and looked at the covered food on the table.

"Just let me know if it tastes bad and we can order a pizza," he said and I laughed and then kissed his cheek.

"It smells really good though," I said and Milan walked me over towards the table and saw me down, then taking the seat next to me.

Milan uncovered the plate to reveal breaded chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli, I smiled because it even looked good, but Milan was afraid that I wouldn't like it. He watched me as I took a bite of everything, I giggled and then kissed his check.

"You can relax now, it's very good," I smiled and Milan nodded his head and started to pour us some wine.

"What time do you need to be back?" Milan asked as he topped off my glass.

"Before midnight," I said and he nodded his head, "So what's this about?" I asked and Milan smiled nervously.

"I have something to tell you," he said and I looked at him nervously, "It's good news, though!"

"Ok."

"But I'll tell you after dinner," he said and I groaned and listened to Milan laugh, "I swear, babe, I'm like ninety seven percent sure that you'll love it."

"What about the other three percent?" I asked and Milan shrugged as he took a sip of his wine.

"You'll not hate it," he said and I snorted.

"All right fine, I'll play this your way," I said and Milan kissed my cheek.

"Thanks babe."