Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

043:

Chapter Forty Three
"Get off! What the hell man?!" Ovechkin growled as Green was pulled off of Alyssa, she was just leaning against the wall in total shock.

"Sorry, I-"

Nathan let me go, worst mistake ever, I was seeing red. I looked at Alyssa one last time, she didn't even notice that I had turned the corner. I charged up to Green and slammed him against the wall on the other side of Alyssa.

"Don't you ever touch her!" I growled and it just went downhill from there.

-Alyssa-
'...He kissed me, why did he kiss me?...' I kept thinking, staring at the ground and zoning out from the people around me. I felt Mike being pulled off of me, but I was lost in my own thoughts after that. It was only when I felt someone's hands on my shoulders and they were shaking me, calling my name. I snapped back and saw a worried Nathan in front of my, "Nate," I muttered and then turned my head to see some of the Bruins holding pack Milan when some of my teammates holding back Mike, "What happened?"

"You don't remember?" he asked.

"He kissed me and then-"

"I fucked up, I shouldn't have let Looch go, he went right after Green," Nathan said and I gripped my shirt and looked over towards Mike, he was beaten, "I've never seen him that angry before, I'm pretty sure he blacked out."

"What the hell is going on?!" I mentally cursed, the Coaches from both teams had shown up.

Oates yelled at my teammates to get back to the locker room, "Get going Brace!" he growled and I sighed and looked at Nathan sadly and then over towards Milan, he wasn't even looking at me, too busy glaring at Mike. Nathan moved out of my way and I followed behind my teammates and back into the locker room.

"What the hell happened?" Semin asked as I closed the door and walked over towards an empty spot on the bench away from Mike.

"Don't worry about it," Mike muttered and looked towards me, that's when i got a good look at what Milan had done to him.

'...You mess with the bull, you get the horns...' I thought as I glared towards him and then looked down, hearing my phone going off and seeing that it was Milan. He asked if I was all right and mentioned that he was going to kill Mike for what he did. I sighed and then replied saying that I was sorry, I don't know why, but I felt like I needed to say it.

"Red," I looked up and saw Dennis looking at me, "What happened?"

The guys we looking at me, Alex and Mike were wondering what I was going to say, I wasn't going to lie for them, "He-"

"I kissed her," Mike said and then guys all looked at him and then back at me.

"Dude, you kissed her in front of Lucic?!" Marcus asked.

"I didn't know he was there," Mike muttered and I gripped my phone, feeling it buzz, but not bothering to look.

"Dude, you're an idiot," Nick said and then sat next to me.

"How long?" I muttered, not looking up from the ground.

"How long what?" Mike asked and I looked at him angrily and watched as he flinched. An ice packed was placed on his face and ice on his knuckles.

"How long have you two been planning this?" I growled and then guys looked at me confused.

"People please stop giving me the condensed version!" someone said.

"This wasn't planned, trust me," Alex said and I scoffed, "It wasn't, Alyssa."

"Trust you?" I scoffed and then stood holding my ground, "So you're telling me that you didn't think that Milan would come see me after the game, something he's done after every game! You're telling me that you didn't plan on telling me to dump Milan or be scratched with him right there! And you're telling me that Green kissing me while Milan was right there, wasn't part of the plan! Come on Ovechkin, nothing is that coincidental."

At that moment, Coach slammed the door opened and burst into the room, "Sit!" we all sit and glared at all of us, "I just want you all to know that you are damn lucky that no one from the press saw this! I don't know or care what this little event was about, but it's over and we're not going to speak about it again."

'...Guess no one's getting into trouble...'

"But if it happens again, there will be hell to pay," Coach said and we all nodded our heads, "Get your asses to the bus, NOW!"

I stood up and watched as Nick walked over and grabbed my things and handed them to me, I gave him a small smile before walking out of the room and following my teammates towards the bus terminal and climbed onto the bus, heading towards the back, wanting to be away from everyone.

'...It's going to be awkward around here now...' I thought as I pulled out my phone and saw that Tuukka, Nathan, Tyler and Brad had texted me, all asking if I was all right and what was going on. Milan texted me, it was a long message, he's been scratched from the next game, but he was saying how he couldn't wait for the next game, which would be in a little over two weeks, because he wanted to hurt Mike on the ice, '...This is crazy...'

-Milan-
"Looch, calm down! Calm down!" the guys were all telling me, but I couldn't calm down, I was beyond pissed. At this point the only one that could calm me down was on a plane back to DC.

I was angry about the lose, I was angry about Ovechkin threatening to scratch Alyssa if she didn't break up with me, I was angry at Green for shoving himself on my girlfriend and I was angry at the fact that my teammates wouldn't let me kill him there.

Nathan took me to his house and Tammy walked in front of me, confused as to what was going on. Nathan explained it to her and she told me to lie back on the couch as she laid a wet rag over my head to try and get me to relax.

"When will you play her again?" Tammy asked.

"The 29th," Nathan answered and I sighed.

"It's too far away."

"Do you have a break?" Tammy asked and I looked at Nathan, who was looking at his phone.

"No, sorry man, we play the Penguins tomor-"

"Penguins? Good, I can take my frustration out on them," I said and Nathan sighed and sat down.

"Just save it for the game against the Caps," he said and I glared at the ground and clenched my fists.

"Will you take me home?" I asked and Nathan nodded his head, it was still early, but I was tired and wanted to go home.

Nathan drove me back to the arena so that I could get my car, and then I drove myself home, my mind was running a mile a minute and I needed to do something to release this anxiety. I changed out of my suit and put some gym sorts on, no shirt and walked down into my basement where there was a furnished gym.

-Alyssa-
"You all right?" Rebecca asked as I walked through the door, "Marshy called."

"I don't want to talk about it," I said as I dropped my bag by the door and walked down the hall towards my bedroom, emotionally and physically too exhausted to want to do anything. I slowly changed into my pajamas and then climbed into bed. My bedroom door opened a little and I saw Duke trot into the room, "Come on, boy," he jumped onto the bed and then snuggled up next to me as I climbed under the blankets.

It felt like I was asleep for five minutes before I felt someone shaking me awake. i sighed and then sat up and saw my sister, "Marshy's on Skype."

"I don't want to talk," I mumbled and then look up to see that she was holding the laptop and I saw Brad's face on the screen, "Marshy, I really don't want to talk."

"You and Looch are both locking yourselves away, you need to call him, Red," Brad said and I sighed and pushed myself up from the bed, "Are you mad at him?"

"What? No! Why would I be mad at him?" I asked and Brad sighed and shook his head.

"Just call him Alyssa, he's pretty angry right now, and I'm sure he's beating the shit out of his punching bag," Brad said and I nodded my head, feeling bad for not calling him sooner, "I'll talk to you later."

"All right-"

"Oh, Looch said that he told you!" Brad said excitedly and I gave him a small smile, "So you're going to take the deal?"

"When you offer it, I'll be taking it," I said and Brad smiled brightly, '...Especially after this whole mess...' I thought as Brad hung up and I grabbed my phone and called Milan.