Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

045:

Chapter Forty Five
-Nick-
"Yo where's Red?" I asked as I looked around the locker room and saw that she wasn't there. We were about to start our game against the Maple Leafs, "She was at the morning skate."

No one knew, and if they did they didn't say anything. Coach came in, said his speech, we went onto the ice for warm up. Semin came up to me and asked where Alyssa was, but I didn't know.

"That's why I asked in the locker room," I said and Semin sighed.

"Yo, I heard she got dropped," Marcus said as he skated over towards us.

"What?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, Coach sent her to the Bears," he said and I shook my head, "I think though, I could have heard wrong."

"Makes sense though, she's not here," Semin said and I nodded my head.

"So all because Green fucked things up for her," I said and Semin sighed and nodded his head, "That's so messed up."

"Let's go see her after the game," Semin said and I nodded my head.

-Alyssa-
"Well, I think that's that," Rebecca said and I nodded my head and looked at the three suitcases on my bed.

"I'm just going to leave everything else here," I said and she nodded her head.

"How long of a drive is it?" she asked as we both sat on my bed.

"About two and a half hours," I said and she sighed and nodded her head, "It'll be fine, Becca."

"I'm worried about you," she said and I sighed, wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed her head.

"I'll be fine," I said.

Duke snapped his head up from lying on the ground and walked over towards my window and started to park. I sighed and then stood up and walked over towards my window to see cars in front of my house and in my driveway.

"Who is it?" Rebecca asked and I shook my head.

"Help me bring my bags to the living room," I said and then grabbed two of the bags and slowly made my way towards the front of the house, leaving the bags by the front door. The doorbell rang and Duke ran into the living room and in front of the door, "Bec-"

"Got it," she said and grabbed his collar and pulled him back.

I opened the door to see some of my teammates on my porch, Nick, Marcus, Semin and Dennis, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Wondering why you weren't at the game," Nick said and then walked into my house. I moved out of the way and watched as the four walked in, "Going somewhere?" he asked when he saw my large bags.

"I've been dropped," I said and the guys looked at my with wide eyes.

"I thought I heard that," Marcus said and Semin slapped him over the head.

"Yeah, it's been fun guys-"

"This is so fucked up! This is over what Mikey did, isn't it?!" Nick asked and I nodded my head and then looked away.

"Because you're in a relationship with a Bruin?" Dennis asked and I nodded, "AJ, we've all seen how you play when we're against the Bruins, you don't let your relationship get in the way! So why the hell are they doing this to you?"

"I don't know," I said and then sat on the armrest of the couch as the guys scattered among the chairs and couch, "I wish I did, but I don't."

"Do the Bruins know?" Marcus asked.

"I think, I told Milan, he probably told them," I said and the guys sighed.

"Then when we play them next will be fun," Nick muttered and I smirked.

"Do I sense a little fear?" I asked and Nick scoffed.

"Fear for Ovi and Mikey, yes, those two basically have target on their backs now," Nick said and I sighed.

"And it's my job to defend them," Dennis said and then sighed.

"We play the Penguins on the 22nd too," Semin said and I looked at him and then got an idea, biting back a smirk.

-Milan-
"So wait! Wait, wait, wait! What happened?"

"Dude, are you fuckin' deaf?!" I growled as I looked at Nathan who had apparently missed the whole conversation in the locker room because he was with the trainer.

"Apparently!" he said and I snapped.

"Alyssa was dropped to the Bears," I said and Nathan's eyes widened.

"Why?!"

"Because I fucked up and went after Green," I said and Nathan sighed and shook his head.

"I shouldn't have let you go," he said and I sighed, placed my elbows on my knees and held my face, "I'm sorry man."

"I'm going to see her on Friday."

"What about the game against the Flyers?"

"Coach is gunna scratch me, make up some bull shit story and I'm going to try and stay out of sight as I go to Hershey," I said and Nathan sighed and nodded his head, "I hate to have her go through this alone and if there were more that I could do for her I would."

"I know man, you're really got a thing for her," Nathan said and I smirked and nodded my head, "That's good, you both need each other."

"Yeah, trust me, I don't what I ever did before her," I said and Nathan snorted.

"So have you told her that you love her?" he asked and I looked down, feeling the heat rush to my face.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Man come on, every time you're around her you act like a little lost puppy," Nathan laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm afraid if I say it too soon, I'll chase her away."

"Man shut up, she's in love with you too!" he said and I looked at him, "This is so messed up it's not even funny," Nathan said going back to Alyssa being brought back down, as he took a swig of his beer and then patted my shoulder, "She'll be here before you know it."

"I just hope that they make the deal like they said they would," I said and Nathan scoffed.

"They'd be stupid not to, she's an amazing player and the Caps are too stupid to apparently realize that!" he said and I gave a little smirk and nodded my head and then took a swig of my beer.

Our game against the Penguins was over, we lost with the final score being five to two. I will admit that my head wasn't in the game, I knew it, my team knew it and the Penguins knew it. It was late and we were standing on the balcony from our hotel bedroom overlooking the city under us.

"It'll be all right, Looch, she'll be all right," he said and I sighed and nodded my head.

-Alyssa-
'...This is stupid, I don't why I'm doing this, why didn't I just go straight to Hershey?...' I thought as I drove the highway heading in the opposite direction than I was supposed to, '...Why did I call him? I'm so stupid! This is so stupid!...'

It took almost five hours to get to where I was going, driving right through the city and heading right to Sewickley, Pennsylvania. I looked at the address on the piece of paper, looked at my GPS and then looked at the big expensive houses in the area that I was in. I found the house and parked my car on the street and saw other cars around.

'...This is a big mistake...' I kept telling myself as I walked up the driveway to the front porch. I could hear people in the backyard laughing and having a good time and it got me thinking, '...What the hell is going on?...'

I rang the doorbell and waited a few seconds. I sighed and then looked out at the front yard and turned when I heard the front door open and saw my old friend walk outside.

"Red," he smiled as he walked over towards me and hugged me.

"Hello Sidney."