Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

084:

Chapter Eighty Four
-Milan-
It was the first week into July, three weeks had passed since Kane’s hit on Alyssa. She was doing all right, the breathing tube was finally taken out yesterday and she was breathing on her own, which was a good thing. I’m always with her, and when I wasn’t, which wasn’t often, her sister or one of the guys were here.

I was sitting next to her bed playing a game on my phone, every chance I get taking some glances at her. Alyssa’s dad was in town, had been for over a week now, he would come in and stay with me a lot, but today he was looking around the city for Alyssa’s mom, she had been trying to start trouble with Rebecca and their dad was sick of it.

There was a knock at the door and I turned to see my parents in the doorway, “Hey,” I smiled as I stood up and walked over towards my mom.

“How is she?” my mom asked.

“She’s better, they finally took her off of the breathing tube and she should wake up in two or three days,” I answered and my parents nodded their heads.

“She took a nasty hit,” my dad said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“Yeah,” I said and watched as my mom and dad walked over towards Alyssa and looked at her.

“She’s beautiful, Milan,” mom said and I smiled and laced my fingers with Alyssa’s.

“I know.”

“You’ve met her before, honey,” dad said and mom nodded her head.

“I know, I just wanted to say it,” she said and I gave her a little smile.

-Rebecca-
“Hey,” I smiled as I looked to see Alyssa blinking her eyes opened, “Hey, hey, hey, take it easy.”

“Wha- Where am I?” Alyssa groaned as she looked around the room, her eyes barely opened.

“Hey AJ, you’re in the hospital,” I answered as I pet her head and held her arm.

“What? The game,” she muttered and then looked at me.

“Sweetie the seasons over,” I said and felt my heart hurt at the sight of her confused and upset.

“What? No, I was- The Cup.”

“Chicago won,” I answered and she turned her head the other way.

“Hey Bec, they didn’t have-“ I turned my head and saw Milan walking in the room, “Babe.”

“Milan,” Alyssa smiled towards him and Milan walked over and bent down and pressed his lips against hers.

“You’re awake, oh, you don’t know how happy I am to see you awake,” he said and I smiled and backed up. The only reason he was gone was because we wanted coffee, but he didn’t come back with any so I guess they were out.

“The cup?” Alyssa asked and Milan sighed and shook his head.

“No babe, we didn’t win,” Milan said and then kissed her forehead, “I’m sorry, next year.”

“I’ll call the guys,” I said and Milan looked at me and nodded his head. I grabbed my phone and walked out into the hall, sending a text to dad, Nathan, Tyler, Brad, Tuukka, Sidney, James, Geno, Kris, and some other friends to let them all know that Alyssa was awake.

-Alyssa-
I’ve been awake for over a week now and finally I was able to go home. I learned that my gallbladder was out, so there were a lot of foods that I wasn’t able to eat for a while, it didn’t really matter, because most of the foods on the list I didn’t eat anyways.

I was supposed to see Doc tomorrow, he was going to let me know when I was going to be back on the ice. When I was on the phone with him, he mentioned that he thought that I might miss preseason, but I should be there for opening day of the regular season.

Milan brought me back to me condo, not really a lot had changed since I was away for a little over a month; although, it did look like Tyler had moved in with us. Milan helped me up the stairs and to my room, I was still a little sore for laying down for a long time.

“You lost a lot of weight, babe, we’ll have to put that back on for the season,” Milan said as he placed his hands on my waist and I nodded my head, “I’m so happy you’re all right,” he said and then pressed his lips onto mine.

I ran my hands up his arms and onto his shoulders, I placed my hands on the side of Milan’s neck and deepened the kiss because I really missed him, I felt like I was away for a long time.

“Your hair got longer,” Milan said as he ran his fingers through my hair, “You gunna cut it?”

“I kind of like it longer,” I smiled and then kissed his cheek.

“I do too,” Milan said and I giggled and laid my head on his chest.

Milan and I did nothing for the rest of the day, we just relaxed and watched TV, staying in bed holding each other, with Duke lying at the end of the bed.

The next day, Milan drove me to Doc’s place, during the offseason he worked part-time for the Boston Red Socks. We got to his office at Fenway Park and walked through the halls.

“Think we’ll run into any players?” I asked and Milan smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

“Maybe,” he said and then laced his fingers with mine as we walked down the halls and into the trainer’s room, “Hey Doc.”

“Looch!” he said as he turned around and smiled when he saw Alyssa, “Red, how are you?”

“I’m getting better,” I said and Doc smiled and hugged me.

“Good, all right, I have some time now, let’s see what the Bruins are dealing with,” Doc said and I nodded and walked over towards the table and hopped up. Milan leaned against the wall and waiting.

We were there for about an hour, it took Doc about forty five minutes to look over me, and she didn’t have a lot of good news for me. Turns out my recovery time was going to take longer than he or I originally thought. My stomach was so screwed up from my previous gallbladder issue, and then the fact that I lost weight and some muscle tone while I was in the hospital, my injury to my chest, Doc said that I would be on the ice at least a month after regular season.

After we finished with Doc, Milan and I walked out of the room, headed down the hall and exited Fenway Park, sad that I wasn’t able to see any of the Red Socks players.

We went back to Milan’s house, I was feeling really soar after Doc was making me work my muscles. As I got out of Milan’s car, I groaned. He asked if I was all right, but I waved him off and pushed myself out of the car. As I was heading towards the house, I felt Milan scoop me up and carry me towards the house.

“Milan?” I asked and looked at him to see him smirking at me.

“I just want to help you,” he said and I sighed and smiled.

“Thank you,” I said and he nodded his head, and then took an arm away so that he could open his front door. We walked into the house and Milan carried me up the stairs and into his bedroom, I giggled when he laid me on the bed and then kissed my forehead and then ran his hands down my jeans and to my sneakers, “What are you doing?” I giggled.

“Doc said that you need to stay relaxed, so I’m helping you get relaxed,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, watching as he untied my sneakers and then pulling them off, “I’m gunna make you a bubble bath.”

“A bubble bath?” I laughed and Milan smiled and nodded his head as he leaned forward, his hands pressed on the bed next to me.

“Does that sound nice?” he asked and I smiled, placed my hands on his neck and smiled.

“That sounds wonderful,” I said and then pressed my lips against his, “Will you join me?”

“In the bubble bath?” he asked and I giggled and nodded my head, “I’ll sit next to the tub,” Milan said and then moved his hands up my thighs and to the hem of my shirt. He grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his and felt his fingers messing with my jean button and zipper, “I love you Alyssa,” he breathed against my neck as he started to pull my jeans off.

“I love you too, Milan,” I said as Milan pulled back and looked at me.

He smiled and then kissed my forehead and then left me in my underwear as he walked over towards the bathroom. I sighed when I heard the water in the tub and smiled at the fact that he was making me a bubble bath.

I got up and walked over towards my dresser, digging through my clothes I pulled out a pair of my yoga pants and then one of Milan’s grey Bruins shirts. I threw the clothes on the bed and then walked over towards the bathroom, I was about to walk into the room when I heard a bark and turned my head to see Duke trotting in the room, “Hey buddy, I didn’t know that you were here!”

“Who Duke?” Milan asked from the bathroom.

“Yeah.”

“Becca dropped him off when we were out, she’s going to Canada with Segs, he wanted to show her where he’s from,” Milan answered and I walked into the bathroom to see Milan on the ground getting the water ready.

“Really? That’s nice,” I said and he nodded his head.

“I was thinking about asking you the same thing,” he said and I looked at him, “You want to go back to Vancouver?”

“When?” I asked as I walked over towards the tub and saw that it was filling up.

“Maybe next week,” Milan smiled and I walked over towards him, ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his forehead.

“I’d love to go,” I said and he smiled and nodded his head.

“Maybe if we go to my home, we can go to yours,” Milan said and I looked at him and smiled brightly.

“Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve been to Halifax?!” I asked and Milan smiled, “It’s been like ten years!”

“All the more reason to go!” Milan said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“All right, let’s go!” I said and Milan nodded his head.

“All right, I’ll get started on the trip, get to soakin,” Milan said and I laughed and nodded my head.

I took my bra and underwear off and then climbed into the tub and laid back to relax. Duke came over stuck his face in mine, I giggled and pushed him away, he took it as if we were going to play.

“No, no, no, no,” I laughed as Duke tried to jump into the tub. He whined a little and pawed my arm, I smiled and rubbed his face, ignoring the soreness in my body. Duke moved passed my arms and then leaped into the tub with me, “DUKE!!!”

“What’s wrong?!” Milan asked as he walked into the room and then laughed when he saw bubbles everywhere and Duke had it all over his face, “That’s a Kodak moment.”

“Shut up,” I said and Milan walked over towards me and grabbed Duke’s collar.

“Come on boy, leave your Momma to relax,” Milan said and then pulled Duke out of the tub.

“Crazy dog,” I smirked and shook my head, leaning back against the tub and taking a deep breath, ‘…Just relax…’