Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

087:

Chapter Eighty Seven
-Milan-
Coach was beyond mad when we told him what had happened, of course he didn’t want the police involved, we were going to handle this on our own, problem was, we didn’t know where to begin. Most of the team was here, and if they weren’t, they were on their way. We sat in the locker room at the Garden, trying to come up with a plan to get Alyssa back, her father had taken off somewhere and I was nervous that he might do something stupid.

“So, where do we start?” Patrice asked and I looked at him.

“Her mom took her right?” Krejci asked and I nodded my head, “Then let’s head over to her mom’s place.”

“I don’t know where it is,” I said and sighed.

“I do,” Brad said and we looked at him, “It’s not that far from here.”

“Let’s go,” I said and we all stood up, there had to have been at least fifteen of us.

“You all don’t need to go,” I heard and saw Coach, “In fact, all of you sit down for a minute,” he said and we looked at him surprised as he held up a disk, “You’re gunna want to see this.”

“See what?” I asked as I sat back down and watched as Coach sighed, turned around and started to set up the TV.

“And I didn’t bring any popcorn,” someone said and I rolled my eyes.

“Hope it’s a comedy,” another said.

“It’s more like a horror movie,” Coach said and I looked up at him, not liking what I was probably going to see.

“It’s about Alyssa, isn’t it?” I asked and he nodded his head and I clenched my fists.

Coach started the disk and it was about Alyssa, we saw her, she was in a small bed chained down trying to pull herself out. My eyes widened and I tensed, a man appeared on the screen and we all recognized him as soon as we saw him, it was the guy claiming to be her birth father. He punched Alyssa in the face and I stood up ready to go after him, Chara, who was sitting next to me, stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder. The guy demanded that we give him one million dollars in cash, or we weren’t going to get Alyssa back. He punched Alyssa again and I growled, but smirked when she told him that Patrick Kane hits harder than him, which probably wasn’t true. The guy kicked her in the stomach and I tensed again, she’s already healing from her hit from Kane, if he makes her body worse and sets her back from playing again, I’ll kill him.

He turned to the camera again and sighed, “You better hurry, she’s getting on my last nerve,” he said and then told us that he would be waiting on one of the trains in six hours and if we weren’t there, then we weren’t going to get Alyssa back. Before the screen went black, he made one last request, “Make sure the one to deliver the money is lover boy too,” he said and then the screen was black.

Everyone looked at me, I was angry, my fists were clenched and I knew I was shaking, Alyssa was in trouble and I couldn’t even help her because I had no idea where she was. I growled and then looked up towards Coach, “Coach, what are we going to do?”

“We’re getting the money,” he said and I sighed and sat back down, “We have to get the police involved,” Coach growled and we looked at him, “This took a turn for the worse.”

“Well then, lucky for you, I already called them,” we heard and turned towards the door to see Alyssa actual father walk in with two officers behind him, “I don’t care if you kick her off the team, this is her life and my daughter, I’m not taking any chances.”

“Have they made a ransom called?” an Officer asked as he stepped forward. Coach nodded his head and retrieved the disk and handed it to the Officer, “All right, I’ll have my team look it over, maybe we can chop up the disk just so we hear the background noises and possibly get an idea on where she’s being kept.”

‘…You can do that?...’ I thought and then looked down and smiled a little, feeling hope for the first time today.

“Officer, can we keep this on the down low, I don’t need the media finding out about this,” Coach said and the Officer nodded his head.

“Yes, of course,” he said and then walked out of the room.

“What do we do now?” I asked and Coach looked at us.

“We wait.”

“That’s not gunna happen,” I muttered as I stood up, “I can’t just sit here and do nothing while Alyssa’s out there! You saw the tape, he’s hurting her! Her body isn’t fully healed from Kane’s hit and you saw him kick her, if he makes her worse, I’m gunna kill him!”

“Looch, calm down man, we’re gunna find her, she’s our friend too,” Patrice said as he looked at me.

“Just stay calm everyone, I’m going to help the police, just stay out of trouble,” Coach said and we all looked at him confused as how he said that, “Come on Mr. Brace, we’ll go help the police,” the two left the room and we all looked at each other.

“Did he just mean-“

“I think so,” Tuukka said, answering Reilly Smith’s question. I smirked and then stood up and threw my jacket on, “Where are you going?”

“To find Alyssa, come on Marshy, take me to her mom’s place,” I said and Brad nodded his head.

“I’m coming too,” Thornton said as he stood up, “You’re gunna need muscle against him.”

“Thanks man,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head.

Chara and Patrice ended up coming too while the others stayed behind and waited for word if we were going to need help.

The five of us walked into the parking garage towards Brad’s big SUV and got in, “Looch, you know she’s not going to be there,” Brad said and I looked at him, “I know her mom’s apartment, there’s no room there that looks like that.”

“I know, but we might get a clue on where she might be,” I said and he nodded his head and turned his vehicle on, ‘…We’re coming Alyssa, hold on…’

-Alyssa-
‘…Shit, I think he might have broken a rib…’ I groaned as I tried to curl into a ball but it hurt too much. I’ve taken too many hits to the face and stomach, I was already in pain before I got here, and now that I was continuously being hit, I knew that he was making my body worse.

I already figured out that I wasn’t at my mom’s apartment and figured that I was in a townhouse because I could hear when they were coming up the stairs. When I got a glimpse outside before, I found that I was on the second floor of the building; I could probably jump out the window, if it wasn’t for the fact that I was chained to a bed.

After they shot the video I got one last punch to the cheek and I just stayed down, I was getting a serious headache and the room seemed to be spinning. I mentally cursed at the fact that he might have just given me a concussion. I heard arguing downstairs and knew it to be the two people holding me prisoner, what they were arguing about, I didn’t know or really care; I just wanted them to stop because my head hurt.

Before I knew it, someone was stomping up the stairs, I opened my eyes in time to watch the bedroom door kick open and he ran into the room. I shot up from where I was lying on the bed and watched as he came over towards me. I didn’t have time to react as he grabbed the middle of the handcuffs and pushed my hands above my head and he climbed on top of me.

“No!” I heard and turned to see my mom run into the room, “Don’t you dare! You said you wouldn’t hurt her!”

“Too late for tha-“ he slammed his hand down on my throat, cutting off my air, I couldn’t struggle to get him off because of the cuffs.

“Stop!” Mom yelled and ran over towards him; the hand was removed only for a moment, giving me enough time to get a few gasps of air and a chance to see him shove my mom into the wall so hard there was now a hole. She got right up and jumped on his back and I cried out as the weight on top of me was too much.

“That’s it!” he growled and got off of me, grabbing my mom and throwing her out of the room, closing the door and locking it.

‘…What is he doing?...’ I thought and then felt something next to me. I ignored the yelling at the door between the two and looked to see a key chain with three keys by my hip, ‘…No way. Did he drop it?...’ I thought because it was too good to be true, ‘…Am I finally going to catch a break?...’

I quickly snatched up the set of keys and looked for the one for the handcuffs; it was the smallest key in the middle. I smiled as I quickly got them off, without the handcuffs on; the chains were holding me to the bed. I unlocked the chains anyways because they could help me, but they caused so much noise, I was busted.

“Don’t even think about it!” he yelled as he saw me jump out of bed, chains in my hand as I ran for the corner closest to the door, “Get back here!”

“Get away from me!” I yelled and tried to whip the chains at him, but he ducked back and I missed, ‘…Milan, you need to hurry because I can’t hold him off…’