Sequel: Pursuit of Happiness

The Ice Queen

088:

Chapter Eighty Eight
-Milan-
I thanked the high power that the landlord to the building that Alyssa’s mom lived in was a Bruins fan. A few autographs and pictures later and we had the key to the apartment. Brad had the key and opened the door to find that the small apartment was messy, I shook my head and walked into the apartment and started to look around.

“What are you doing?” I heard and looked to see Brad asking Patrice.

“Looking through the mail,” Patrice said and I looked at him confused.

“It’s illegal,” I said.

“Not if it’s already opened,” he said and I shook my head.

“Why?” Brad asked and I looked around the living room for a note or something.

“Because, we might find and address or something of this boyfriend, my guess and that since he’s the one who took her and was on the tape, then he’s storing AJ at his place,” Patrice answered and I looked at him thinking that it was a good idea.

“When the police run that disk they’re going to find his prints on the disk,” I said and everyone looked at me, “You really think that he’s stupid enough to take her to his place. If he’s in the system then they’re going to come up on his address.”

“You guys watch too many cop shows,” Thornton said and I laughed a little.

“Hey, it’s helping right now,” Patrice said and I nodded my head.

Brad decided to take a look in the second bedroom while Thornton looked in the master, Chara was in the kitchen and I was still in the living room. There was crap everywhere so we were wasting time having to look at everything.

After about a half hour everyone came together, “Find anything?” Brad asked and I shook my head, sitting on the couch looking through every piece of paper that I found.

“No, most of this is for drugs and shit,” I said showing the guys, the notes were places, times and amounts that she was getting or selling, I didn’t know or care.

“What about you, Mr. Detective?” Brad asked Patrice.

“Well, if she’s a dealer, then she’s a shitty one,” he said and I looked towards him, “She’s behind with all of her bills.”

“That doesn’t help us,” Chara said and I sighed.

“How do you expect to find something in this disgusting place?!” Patrice asked and threw the mail on the ground.

“Hello,” I heard Thornton say and then look to see him bending down to pick something up, “Did you bother to look at some of these addresses, Einstein?”

“What do you mean?” Patrice asked and I stood up and walked over towards Thornton and picked up a paper and compared the address to the paper that he was holding, they were the same.

“This isn’t the address that we’re at now,” I answered and Thornton nodded his head. I grabbed my phone and typed in the address, “It’s about a half hour from here.”

“Can you zoom in and see the area?” Brad asked.

“Like Google Earth?” Patrice asked and Brad nodded his head.

“Not with my phone,” I growled and then dialed Tuukka’s number, he picked up immediately.

“Did you find her?”

“No, but go to the laptop and go to Google Earth,” I demanded and waited for conformation that he had done what I asked.

It took a few minutes, “Ok, what am I doing?”

“Type in this address and tell me what it looks like,” I said and then gave him the address and waited.

“I’ve never heard of this town before,” Patrice said and I nodded my head, “So it’s probably not a big one.”

“Looch,” Tuukka called.

“Yeah, I’m here,” I answered.

“The police are back, talking to Coach right now and Coach doesn’t look happy about whatever they’re talking about,” Tuukka said and I sighed, “Ok, it’s all loaded- Whoa, what am I looking at?”

“I don’t know, I’m not there, you need to describe it to me,” I said.

“Uh, looks like a very bad place,” Tuukka answered and I sighed, “What? It’s Looch,” I heard him talking to someone, “Uh, ok.”

“Looch,” I perked up to the new voice, “It’s Krejci, listen you have to hurry and do what you need to do, I caught the conversation between Coach and the police, they know that you’re out there looking for Red. If you’re caught then you’re getting in some serious trouble.”

“So all we have to do is find her before the police?” I asked and saw the confused faces of everyone.

“Pretty much yeah, they’ll arrest you if you’re caught,” Krejci confirmed and I sighed and thanked him, hanging up the phone and looking at everyone.

“We have to move fast,” I said and then explained to everyone that the police are willing to arrest us if they catch us interfering with their investigation.

“Man they’re just jealous that we’re going to find her before them! I knew we shouldn’t have gotten them involved!” Brad barked and I nodded my head.

“We’re not the ones who called them, her dad did,” Thornton reminded us and I sighed.

‘…Just hold on Alyssa…’ I thought as we all left the apartment, heading back down to the SUV and making our way to the address, hoping that Alyssa was there.

-Alyssa-
I cried out as I was kicked in the stomach again and was then pushed back and hit the wall. I was about to whip the chains at him again, but he grabbed them, ripped them out of my hands and threw them to the side. I mentally cursed because those were my last weapon against this guy.

I threw a punch and got him in the chin, though it looked like it didn’t faze him. He was definitely bigger than some of the hockey players I’ve gone up against. I wouldn’t admit it out loud, but he was tougher too. I tried to throw another punch, but he caught me hand and started to squeeze it. I cried out and decided to kick his shin really hard. My fist was released and he bent over, giving me enough time to grab the back of his head and slam it down on my bent knee. He groaned and I spun around, lifted my leg and kick him in his head. He hit the wall and I ran over towards him and slammed down hard on both of his ears, this would disorientate him and give me enough time to escape.

I ran to the door, unlocked it and ran out. Just as I was about to go to the stairs, I felt arms around me and turned to see that it was my Mom, she was trying to stop me. I held onto her arms and slammed her back into the wall. She released me and fell to the ground. I ran to the stairs and started to head down, but my Mom grabbed my leg and I lost my balance and started to fall. It definitely hurt tumbling down the stairs and I thanked God that they were carpeted and not hard wood.

I landed on the ground and groaned, my whole body was screaming out in pain, my head especially. I rolled onto my stomach and pushed myself up, when I tried to get to my feet again, I felt really dizzy and fell to my knees again. I kept telling myself that I needed to move, needed to get out of here, needed to find help.

I heard shouting and turned my head to see that he was up and coming towards the stairs. I cursed and started to look around for a door. I saw one across the room and started to crawl towards it, since I couldn’t trust my legs, while standing up.

I got half way to the door when I felt my ankle being grabbed and I was drug back, “No!” I cried out and turned to see the man that told me I was his daughter pulling me. I kicked his hand and got him to release me, but he jumped on top of me and pinned me down, “Get off of me!”

“Shut up!” he yelled and squeezed my wrists until it hurt and I cried out.

I growled and brought my knee on his happy place and then pushed him off of me, pushed myself to my feet with the help of the couch next to me and made a struggling run for the door. I got to the door and went to open it but saw that there were two chain locks on it. I whimpered, closed the door and tried to get the chains. I got the first one and was working on the second one with my shaking hands when my hair was grabbed and I was pulled back and thrown to the ground.

I looked up and tried to get up but I felt a hand grab the front of my shirt and pull me up. I heard a voice and then felt a fist brought across my face and then the hand let me go, I saw nothing but darkness before my body hit the floor. Although I could have sworn I heard screaming before I blacked out.