Bloodied Skies

Chapter 3

Sky's P.O.V

"Hi there, you must be Sky," a woman, who I presumed was her mother, said, giving me a warm smile.

"The girls are upstairs, just take a right on the staircase & you'll find them. My husband will be taking you to the Spring Fever Tour Concert thing at about 5, so you have plenty of time since it's only 4," she said slowly, walking away.

As I made my way upstairs, Kyla jumped out & crushed me, dirty blonde hair stuck behind her in a neat ponytail. As she pulled away, I caught a glimpse of the girl she told me would be coming with us, but I continued to pay attention to her. With an extra two inches, skin-hugging clothes, make-up perfectly done, & a playful smirk, I suddenly felt:

1) very turned on

2) Very underdressed, fat, & stupid.

I felt inferior, dressed in baggy jeans, my short brown hair, & my chubbiness showing through my Adventure Time t-shirt. As I felt my cheeks grow hot, Kyla's smirk widened. I guessed she'd figured out the first reason.

"This," she said, spreading her hands apart and taking a step side-ways, "is Mir, short for Miranda." She continued to step back, revealing a punk-rock styled girl. Dressed in knee high, black combat boots, a leather jacket, perfectly done makeup, & a long brown ponytail. She was only an inch taller than me, but she seemed kind. & by kind, I mean extremely intimidating.

As I shook her hand, she pulled me into a hug, catching me by surprise as I stumbled over the carpeted floor.

"If you hurt her, I will cut your hands off," she whispered viciously, squeezing me hard. "Then again, I'm pretty sure I'll be third wheeling all night, & both of you seem to like each other," she said, releasing me.

"Hey, you guys wanna go to the corner store in 30 minutes? We've got time to spare," I heard Kyla ask.

We mumbled our yes' in agreement, entering the room. I dropped my backpack on the floor, but I squeaked when I turned.

"YOU HAVE A PURPLE PANDA OHMIGOD!" I screamed, jumpng hysterically.

"IM TAKING IT TO THE STORE!" I continued in an octave higher.

"I like this girl," said Mir, grinning as she leaned back in her makeshift bed on the other side of the room.

"Sky, c'mere" I heard Kyla mumble from her spot on her queen-sized bed, plopping down with her arms open.

"I don't wanna moovvveeee," I replied lazily, sitting down in the middle of the room onto the floor.

"Pwease?" she asked, tilting her upper body & leaning onto her elbows so she could see me.

"Fine," I said, making a show of getting up on sitting on the edge of the bed. That was when I felt arms wrap around my waist & lips touch my neck.

"Herro," I heard her mumble against my neck, kissing it lightly.

"Uh, hey," I felt my cheeks turning scarlett as she pulled away from my neck to lay back down, pulling me down with her.

"Why am I always stuck being the third wheel?" asked Mir from her bed, which she currently face planted in. I cuddled into Kyla's side when I felt her arms grow tighter around my waist. I felt so special in them, not like any way I'd ever felt before.

"Hey guys, I think we should get going," I heard Mir say, before pointing at the clock.

"Hm?" I heard Kyla mumble from where her head rested in my hair. I felt her plant a kiss in my hair before lifting her head to glare at Miranda, & then the clock. When her eyes reached me, she smiled kindly, but something was so off-putting about it.

"Yea sweetie, we should porbably go," she whispered quietly into my ear, causing shivers to run down my spine. She sensed my reaction & kissed my cheek, just as Mir walked out the door, grumbling something about needing a third wheel t-shirt.