Status: One. Two. Three.

The Monster Within

Slipping, clawing, banging – all she can hear is let me out.

IT was as if she was cracking.

Her skin covered in cuts and healing scars and old bruises that had turned yellow once and then bronzed to match her skin tone as they faded.

Her lips darkened to a deep reddish color instead of the nature pink hue they usually were. The redden flesh was dry and crusting and no matter how much lip-gloss she caked on or how many times she licked them, moister won’t return to her crusting lips.

Her eyes grew darker in shade. No light dared to touch the emerald orbs. No matter how happily she smiled her eyes never filled with light anymore.

She was returning to her rawest form.

Controlled by her emotions in this state, she found herself sinking in hate.

There was nothing left of her but raw pain and unanswered questions that had been scratching at the surface of her human façade.

Here in her real form she was a monster. Ice cold and sharp tongued. Her monster was a coward. Hiding behind words and picking fights that she danced away from leaving them unfinished.

In her true form she was selfish and weak.

Tears dampened her cheeks. All color drained from her sobbing face leaving only sadness to color the wounded monster.

It was in this form she was beautiful.

Cracking as she may have been. The raw form she took once every blue moon was dazzling.

Her sobs like songs and her tear stained face rivaled that own appearance that angels were thought to be looked like.

She was broken and batter and crazed but she was content.

Content with the monster she turned into every once in a while.

Content with the beauty her tears drawled.

Content that she was a monster made of hate and fear.

She hated herself, yes. But she loved herself too and thought her broken side more beautiful than anything.

She held a monster inside but – ah, yes – she was content.