Status: >

Tomorrow Holds Such Better Days

ch. 2

After I closed the store, I had a short walk back to my house. Of course being a first year in college, I couldn’t afford to live anywhere but with my parents, but it was nice. They didn’t really bother me about many things and I liked not having to pay any bills.

So, as I walked home I called Zack, who was my best friend from highschool, we still hung out although we went to two different universities. He was smarter and tried harder while I slacked off a lot. He answered after three rings.

“Yo.” he says. It was a relief to hear his voice, I hadn’t talked to him in a few days. I inform him on everything that happened the past days to today.

“You’re finally getting some!” Zack yells behind the phone. I wanted to slap him about 80% of the time.

“No, he was just flirting with me, well that’s at least what he told me he was doing. I gave him my number and my wow name.”

And of course Zack Aw’s loud behind the phone.

“You’ll have adorkable babies.”

When I get home, I’m still talking on the phone with Zack. I wave to my mom who was sitting on the couch and walk to my room. I see my Mac, and my stomach turns in glee. Which is probably saying a lot about me, I spent like half my life just surfing and playing games on my laptop. I open it up, and click on the world of Warcraft application, hoping that maybe Jack had sent me a request or something.

I don't know why I was looking forward to it so much, Everyone in high school were asking me for a friend request on the game. I hadn’t closed off my game from before and there she was, my mage looking across the giant field. I hoped Jack wouldn’t find it odd that I was a girl in the game, I mean a lot of people did that anyways, but I didn’t know why I was hoping to not look so weird in front of the total stranger I JUST met.

I press ‘O’ to go to my tab where I could find all my friends and the requests that they send me. But there was nothing, so I just play. Starting a few missions and completing them. As a level 70, I did a lot of missions already and I had like seven characters on the game, already.

Zack told me that he was going on a date with some girl that went to the same university as him. He classified her as “hot” and she played bass, so it was probably a perfect match for him. I wished him luck and hung up the phone, throwing it beside my laptop until I noticed the notification on the home screen. I press esc and quickly grab my phone. It was a unknown number. I slide the the text to see it fully.

‘Hey, it’s Jack. The hot guy you met today.’

I laughed at that, this guy was obviously really confident about himself.

‘Sorry, I only recall talking to some loser.’ I text back.

‘I’m a hot loser ;)’ I receive a few minutes later.

So it started like that, we ended up texting all night. It was nice to have someone interested in you. I haven’t had a proper girlfriend/boyfriend in so long and never mind a person who flirts with me.

‘Hey, do you work tomorrow?’ he asks me out of the blue, changing the subject that we were discussing all of a sudden.

‘Uh, yeah. Three to six. Why?’

‘I gotta go. But I’ll see you tomorrow. :-)’

‘Sure. Cya.’

I drop my phone by my side and smile. This was all nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yikes!

Hi my darlings. Here it is, the corniest chapter you will ever read in your entire life. Enjoy.

((Working on that sci-fi trash fic, hopefully will be done soon.))