Status: In Progress

My Arms are Always Open for You

There's a Spark in a Rise

I watched Rony cuddle with her dad, and her dad looked at me with thankful eyes. I nodded and smiled.
I felt hands wrap around my waist and Peeta rested his head on my shoulder. "Thank God you're okay." He said into my ear.
It sent chills down my spine. But was I really safe? There was still the possibility that Thread could chase after me with more Peacekeepers. They could possibly take Rony away from her dad again. I did not want that to happen, I had grown attached to this little girl in just the hour I had known her.
I think its because Prim and my mother were scattered in different Districts. My mom working to help out and Prim right by her side. I let them know I'd be fine on my own and whatever change for Prim to see the Districts without having to be apart of the Hunger Games was a opportunity that I did not let slip through my fingers.
"Katniss." Peeta's voice broke me from my thoughts. I pulled out of his embrace and sighed.
"Rony's going to be fine. Haymitch payed off some Peacekeepers. Her and her dad aren't going to be harmed." He said. I stared into those blue eyes and I melted. As I always did.
Peeta smiled. I remembered about Rony looking up to Peeta and I laughed, "Oh by the way, you have a fan." I grabbed Rony's hand and led her to Peeta.
He smiled and squatted down to her level and took her two small hands from me. He held them and with his thumbs stroked the top of her hands.
"You ready to go home Rony?" He asks.
"Yes Mr.Peeta. I'm happy to be with my daddy again!" She giggled.
"That's good. Thanks for believing that I'd win the Games, Rony." He smiled.
"I knew you and Ms. Katniss were so strong. I knew you'd win!" She bounces.
"And we did, didn't we. I want you to know you can visit us whenever you want to. Okay?" He says to her.
I saw her face light up so much that I was almost blinded by the light of it. She bounced into his arms and he hugged her laughing.
"Thank you so much Katniss." Her father spoke. "I'm still so sorry about your father. He was a great friend to both me and my wife." He gave a sympathetic smile.
"Your welcome, she actually helped me through it. She reminds me of my little sister, there was just no way I could leave her in Threads cell. If you don't mind me asking.." I said.
"Yes?" He interjects.
"Why was Rony in there anyways?" Her father cleared his throat.
"Between you and me, because both you and Peeta were able to win the Games, everyone has noticed that its possible to defy the Capitol! Its amazing! Districts are talking of a defiance against the Capitol's Games!" He smiled.
Oh. My. God. "Peeta!" I yelled.
He turned from Rony and his face changed from smiling to confusion. "What is it?" He stood up and walked over to my side.
"Somethings wrong." He leaned in and stared at my eyes as I spoke.
"Sir? Did you say a defiance?" I asked.
"Yes. I defiance, that's what is beginning in the other Districts. Rony got arrested because she was telling other children about it at school." Peeta's eyes widened.
"Katniss, this isn't right." He held my shoulders.

_Read the books for complete fill in on the rise against the Games_
♠ ♠ ♠
End of the story. Read the books for the total romance between Peeta and Katniss!