For I am Silent

This Is What We Lost.

*Frank’s POV*

Trey’s screaming was still ringing in my ears as Gerard shook me awake. Yeah, I guess I did black out. I could tell from everyone’s eyes that they wanted answers…answers I couldn’t ever give. Gerard’s hand was still clenching my arm, his eyes glazed over with worry and confusion. I don’t know why, but this pissed the hell out of me. I made noise of agitation and shoved him away, proceeding to get up and race out of the room. Trey had been screaming about how Shawn had shot himself through the head, which was weird and equally creepy. Why? Because I remember Trey saying this guy at the video rental store had told him the “myth” game from hell. I needed answers, for if I was right…this wouldn’t end well.

Twenty minutes later, I would’ve gotten here faster but the swarm of fans slowed me down, I arrived at the video rental place. It’s odd, I mean, seriously Trey gets this whacked out game from a guy that works at a video store? Now that’s fucked up. However, thankfully, the store didn’t have too many people in it thus making it easier to find this mystery guy.

“Excuse me; can I help you find something?” A voice said from behind me.

“Yeah…I’m looking…for the guy…who told that…myth game to…Trey,” I said, fighting to get the words out.

“Oh god, what happened to Trey? I mean, he didn’t take me seriously did he?” She said worriedly.

“Wait…you told him?” I murmured, furrowing my eyebrows. Nope not a guy.

“Yeah, he’s a regular and always hitting on me, so I told him something to scare him off. You didn’t do the game did you?” She said, raising an accusing eyebrow.

“And…if I said…yes?” I stumbled, shuffling my feet.

“Then you’re in for a hell of a night. You see, the ‘effects’ only last one full night after you did the game. The myth itself is based on three men; they say the devil’s name and see horrors beyond human comprehension. The first guy kills himself, the second goes insane, and the third one remains silent ‘forever’,” She explained, tugging on a lock of her blonde hair.

“Forever…?” I croaked in disbelief.

“Well, when I say ‘forever’, I mean until after tonight. Which I’m going to take a stab and say you’re the ‘silent’ one?” She asked with sadness laced in her voice.

“Mm…yeah,” I mumbled, chewing on my lip.

“Pity because the ‘silent’ one gets it the worst. The worst that could happen is you have a major freak-out, but otherwise you should be fine…now if you’ll excuse me?” She smiled lightly before heading over to another customer.

I had been walking down an empty alleyway in order to avoid any human interaction, but it seemed wherever I went my reflection kept appearing. My pale face and disheveled hair screamed out at me with stark intensity. My eyes looked dead and my posture had slowly taken a form of a battered young man. I was a fucking mess. I wanted to cry, but my new found silence wouldn’t give me that pleasure quite yet. I remained in my dark rain cloud state of mind until my phone, which I’d grabbed after bolting from the rehearsal room, started to ring violently. I answered it, remaining silent until the person began speaking.

“Hello, I’m calling for a Mr. Iero?” A woman’s voice said.

“Hm?” I gurgled, sound refusing to release from my throat.

“I was just calling to inform you that a Mister Trey Williams has been admitted to the psyche ward in a maximum security building for the attempted murder of his parents. Since he was unable to make this call and remain calm, he gave me your name and number. He has been given the life sentence and will be unable to receive visitors until further notice, thank you for your time,” She continued before hanging up.

By now the sun had long begun its final descent and the night was fast approaching, the concert would be starting soon. I let out a defeated cough and trotted out to the main street where, as luck would have it, it was only a block or two away from the arena where the concert was playing. I knew once I got there, the rest of the band would want answers. It also didn’t help that I couldn’t still speak. This was going to be an interesting night.

I had managed to sneak into a vacant dressing room and change into my stage clothes. But even I knew that facing the band was imminent and had to be done, so with one final glance in the mirror, I left the room in search of my beloved guitar—which had been propped up next to the stage opening.

“Frank? God, are you okay? I heard about Trey and Shawn,” Gerard’s rang out as he pulled me into a firm hug.

“Come on, Gee, you’re suffocating him!” Mikey smirked, patting my shoulder comfortingly.

“Woo! Frankie sandwich, that’ll cheer him up,” Toro snorted as Bob hide a small smile.

“I…fine…fine,” I rasped, pulling away and preparing to go onto the stage.

“Frank, you’re not—,” Gerard started, but was cut off by the lights dimming for our stage entrance.

Overall, the concert was going very well…that is, until Gerard thought it’d be fun to sing “Blood” as the final song for the night. Normally I wouldn’t be bothered by this, but for some reason all the past nights events mixed with what happened to my friends came flooding in. It hurt so bad… I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, but most of all I wanted curl into a little ball and forget that night ever happened. Right then and there, I swore to never tell anyone about that night. They’d have to kill me because this pain—this torment, was too unbearable.

It came out of nowhere, almost like a switch…I remembered what that video clerk had said about a “freak-out” and knew that this was what was happening right now. Boy, was it timed horribly. We were halfway through the song before I started crying, the sound of my guitar screeching to a halt as I slid to the floor—my hands over my face. I could hear the fans; they were worried and curious as they watched my shoulders shake with my sobs. My saving grace was Gerard, who came over and pulled me into a hug—that thankfully shielded my face from the crowd. I could feeling him and the rest of the band trying to move me offstage…but I felt so heavy as I continued sobbing into Gerard’s shoulder.

“Come on, Frankie, let’s go and sit down in the dressing room,” Gerard said softly into my ear.

“Mm…okay,” I hiccupped roughly, now thoroughly embarrassed that the band was heaving my dead weight off stage.

Now, you’re probably wondering if they asked, but they didn’t and I’m pretty sure they understood. What happened between my friends and I was my problem and mine alone. In the end, my voice did come back and there is the occasional dick of a reporter, who asks about my “break down” on stage, but I simply say nothing, for that day I was silent…and so was my story—until now. I’ve already told the band, they believe me, and now I’m telling you. You may think I’m lying, but even in a “lie” there is a grain of truth and that is—If you ever play this game, be aware that you may meet the same fate as my friends…dead or insane. So with that in mind, to believe or not to believe is entirely your choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the final part, hope you liked it. ^_^
Thanks for feedback.

Comments= Awesomeness. xD