Status: Oneshot/Completed

The Attractiveness from Within

I think we should go right now

I woke up early in the morning feeling well rested and relaxed. One bad thing with waking up was the thirst, already from the early morning I was craving it.

So I got up and went into the basement to get a blood bag then back up to the kitchen where I got a cup. I poured the dark red liquid into the cup and took a sip.

I had tried living the vegetarian lifestyle but sadly it wasn't for me, the animal blood made my thirst stronger and I had to feed more often.

Thankfully Lexi and I had come up with a way to get human blood without having to kill anyone, we simply compelled a few people working at blood banks and vóila we had our pick on blood type.

My favorite was AB , Lexi said that I must have been AB when I was human because I craved it.

I looked out the window as I sipped on the blood, I was tiered and sad all I wanted to do was go back to bed and never get up again.

Things I never thought possible had happened these past year since we moved to Mystic Falls, one thing being meeting Alaric.

Alaric was the history teacher at my sisters school and I met him on a teacher parent meeting, since we didn't have any parents I had been awarded legal guardian of my sister Meghan.

My sister was so mad when I told her that I was dating her teacher but in time she accepted it.

Last night a big fight broke out between me and Alaric, both said some very cruel things we didn't mean and it ended with me leaving him outside the grill.

Right now I didn't know where we stood, I couldn't give myself completely to him because I was scared how he'd react if I told him my secret. I didn't want to lie to him anymore but would he be able to handle it, would he still love me if he knew?

I looked back out the window and noticed Alaric's car pulling up on my driveway.

He had a guilty look on his face and I could tell he was here to apologize, he took a bunch of white casablanca lilies out of the back seat and started walking toward the house.

I hadn't told Meghan about any of this yet and luckily he was still asleep, I put the cup down and went to meet him outside since the slightest whisper would wake my curious sister.

I didn't know what to say once I was standing in front of him, things were so complicated.

We had never actually been out on a date that had ended in a normal way, someone had always called telling us that they needed our help with the current catastrophe.

I thought we needed time to be a normal couple, we had to get away from Mystic Falls for at least a few days.

”These are for you” Alaric said handing me the flowers.

”Thank you, they're beautiful” I said taking them.

”I'm really sorry about what I said last night” Alaric said looking really apologetic.

”So am I” I said walking closer to him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into a hug, I rested my head on his shoulder for a second before feeling the thirst creeping up on me. I ran my nose up and down his neck and the desire to dig my teeth into his neck sucking him dry grew even stronger. I bit my lower lip and took a deep breath trying to get my control back.

”Are you ok?” Alaric asked pulling away.

”I'm fine” I said turning my back to him, my eyes were still red and my face was probably not back to normal yet.

”Are you sure, you still seam a bit upset” Alaric said.

”No really, I'm fine” I said taking another deep breath and the thirst went away.

”Lets go inside” I said turning back towards him smiling.

Alaric returned my smile and followed me inside the house.

We walked into the kitchen when I saw the cup of blood I had left was still where I had left it, quickly I snatched off the counter.

”Why don't you help yourself to what you want because I have to go wake Meg up” I said before running upstairs.

”Meg, wake up” I said knocking on the door.

The door instantly swung open revealing a fully clothed and ready Meg. Her dark hair was tied up in a ponytail and she had her usual dark make up applied.

”I've been up some time now” she said.

”Good, Just in case you haven't noticed Alaric's here” I said to ensure that our secret didn't come out today.

”Yeah, I heard” she said pushing past me and walking downstairs.

Meg had never been a morning person and that's why she wasn't being very friendly. I followed her into the kitchen where Alaric was sitting at the small table.

”Good morning Mr Saltzman” Meg greeted.

”You don't have to call me that here Meg. When we're not at school you can call me Alaric or Rick” Alaric said smiling.

”Did you drink all the coffee?” Meg asked looking a bit angry, I knew that she wasn't talking about coffee. She wanted blood but couldn't get any with Alaric here.

”Here you can have mine” I said and gave her my cup ”I'll make some more for me later”

”Thank you” she said and went to the living room.

”You don't want anything for breakfast, you know Rick it's the most important meal of the day” I said sitting down on his lap.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put my hands around his shoulders.

”I ate before coming here” He said.

”Good because I think we only have some milk and cereal anyway” I said.

”Thank goodness I didn't come here to eat” Alaric said jokingly.

”Very funny” I said sarcastically.

”I'm going to school now” I heard Meg shout before slamming the door shut.

”She's eager to get to school” Alaric said.

”Yeah, there's this boy she likes.” I said and smiled.

”Really” Alaric said and it looked like he was thinking about who it could be ”Who is it?”

”It's the Lockwood kid” I said.

”Tyler?” Alaric said sounding surprised ”Didn't think he was her type”

”Me neither, I always saw her with someone like Jeremy or someone” I said and Alaric laughed.

I knew the Gilbert's, I knew Elena to be the doppelgänger and I knew about everything about the vampires in Mystic Falls. I also knew about the originals, the moon stone, the sun and moon curse.

I was a few years older then Katarina or Katherine as she called herself now and when she was a young vampire I tried helping her but soon it was clear that she was a lost cause. Through Katherine I met Stefan and Damon Salvatore, they were such nice boys who didn't deserve the treatment they got from Katherine. The indiscretions with the Salvatores was the last straw for me and I left her there in Mystic Falls to play with Stefan and Damon.

When I returned here I was surprised to see that both Damon and Stefan where both living here again and that they were both in love with the doppelgänger, whom I swore to protect.

I got up and sat on the chair next to Alaric's.

”Rick?” I said in an asking tone breaking the silence and getting his attention.

”Tell me” He said giving me his full attention.

”I think we should take some time to just be together” I said.

”Do you really think this is the right time?” He asked.

”I know that there's so much going on right now but I really think we need some us-time” I said ”Just for a weekend or something like that, no distractions”

”How about we talk about that over dinner?” Alaric suggested.

”I'll cook and throw Meg out of the house” I said jokingly.

”You don't have to do that” Alaric said.

”Yes, I do. Otherwise she'll just spy on us” I said.

”As you please” Alaric said.

”It's a date!” I said happily

”Sounds good but I'd better get going, I can't be late for class” Alaric said stood up.

I walked him to the door and kissed him good bye. As I closed the door behind him I thought about ways to persuade him that this was a good idea, I had to talk to Stefan and Damon ask them to tell Alaric that this was something we had to do.

Wasting no time I grabbed my keys and hurried towards the Salvatore boarding house.

”Stefan” I shouted as I entered the house ”Damon?”

A cold gust of air hit me and Damon was standing in front of me.

”Well well well, What brings you here this fine day Miss Samantha” Damon said grinning.

”Don't call me that Damon” I said not really liking being referred to as Miss like in the old days.

”Sorry Sammy” Damon said grinning even more.

”Is your brother still home?” I asked.

”Nope, just little old me” Damon said.

I sighed.

”Oh C'mon Sam don't be like that” Damon said faking being hurt.

”I'm not in the mood for this Damon” I said.

”Yeah, I heard about your and Alaric's fight last night” Damon said looking more annoying then ever.

”None of your business” I said through gritted teeth.

”Well you know I'm here for you Sam” Damon said and looked me over ” If you ever wanna talk or anything else”

”You make me sick” I said ”I came here to ask you and Stefan a favor”

”Then ask” Damon said coming closer to me.

”I need you and Stefan to convince Rick that him and I need to take a weekend vacation with no distractions from anyone” I explained.

”Not happening, we need you both here” Damon snorted ”Even if we would your relationship is doomed anyway, once you tell him you're a vampire he won't even look at you again. Maybe I should tell him. Your relationship is getting annoying”

That made me so angry that I attacked him, he flew back up against the wall and I held my hand firmly around his throat.

”How dare you threaten me?” I snarled tightening my grip ”I'm older, wiser and stronger than you.”

”You're very attractive when you're mad” Damon said trying to charm me.

”If you would ever as much as hint that I'm a vampire to Alaric you won't even have the time to blink before I rip you into pieces” I threatened and tightened my grip again.

”Sam, please let him go” a calm voice said from behind Damon.

I moved so that I could look behind Damon and as I thought Stefan was standing in the living room, I looked back at Damon.

”He won't tell Alaric your secret” Stefan said.

”He better not” I said letting go of Damon, he wasn't prepared so once I let him go he fell down.

”I really love him Stefan” I said turning towards him ”I can't loose him, I don't know what I'd do”

”I understand” he said and turned to Damon ” And so does Damon, it's not our place to tell Alaric anything”

”Thank you” I said to Stefan ”Did you hear what I want?”

Stefan nodded.

”Can you help me?” I asked.

”I'll do what I can, you two need the time together” Stefan said.

”Once again thank you” I said and walked back to my car and drove to the super market.

Meg was going to sleep over at the Gilbert house with Caroline Bonnie and Elena, it was so nice of them to take her in for tonight.

Candles were lit, the starter was served and the wine was chilling all that was missing; the company.

I heard a car drive up on the driveway and I knew it was Alaric. I ran to the door and swung it open just before Alaric reached the doorsteps.

”Hi you” I said and hugged him.

”Hello, wow you look gorgeous” Alaric said when he pulled away to look at me.

”Oh this?” I giggled ”It's nothing. Let's eat!”

”Sounds great, I'm starving” Alaric said.

We walked inside and sat down at the table I had set.

”This looks delicious” Alaric said looking at the salad on his plate.

”It's nothing fancy, just a salad with some chicken and parmesan” I said smiling.

Alaric smiled and we started eating.

”So how was your day?” I asked trying to make some small talk.

”It was fine” Alaric started telling me about his day whilst I was thinking on how I was ever going to persuade him to go on the mini vacation with me.

”..and then when I talked to Stefan he suggested that we go away for the weekend” Alaric said looking suspicious.

”Oh did he now?” I asked innocently as I took the plates and went to get the main course.

”Yes he did, he suggested we throw our cellphones into a lake and just take time for each other” Alaric said.

”Stefan's so sweet thinking about us” I said sweetly as I sat down the plate of lasagna.

”I know you talked to him” Alaric then said.

”Yes I did and I'm really sorry but I just want to be with you and feel like I'm your number one priority” I paused ”Because right now I feel like I'm completely worthless”

”I know and for that I'm really sorry” Alaric said getting up ”I've been a very bad boyfriend and that's why I booked us a trip to this cute little B&B not to far from here but not to close either”

Alaric pulled out a piece of paper and put it in my hands, I looked down on it and saw the cutest little farm house with flowers and patio furniture outside.

”Oh Rick” I said throwing myself at him.

I landed on top of him and he fell on his back, I gave him a kiss showing him my gratitude.

”I should've done this sooner” Alaric said jokingly.

”Shut up” I said and punched him playfully in the arm.

Alaric smiled ”I promise I'll make this up to you”

”I know you will” I said and smiled seductively ”I think desert will be served upstairs”

I stood up and helped Alaric up, he instantly pulled me closer to him.

”Really?” he said seductively and started kissing my neck.

”I think we should go right now” I said pulling away from him and grabbed his hand leading him upstairs.