Dad, what’s masturba- JOEY NOOO!

The Sound of A Whisper

*Adie’s P.O.V*

“I thought Jakob was going to call Joey to come down stairs and sit with us?” I thought to myself as I slowly shut Jakob’s bedroom door after realising he went to bed. “It’s only almost nine…is Joey asleep as well?” I asked myself, quietly turning his bedroom door knob, peeking in to see his bed sheets covered snugly over his body. “Hmm…alright I guess I’ll just go have a shower then,” I replied, closing the door and walking towards my bedroom. I gently took out my hair as I opened the door and walked in.

“Why is the lamp on?” I questioned myself, thinking wether or not I turned it on previously when I was in my room from before. “I should put all these bags into my closet, before either me or Billie fall over them,” I said, bending down and picking them up off the floor from the front of the bed frame.

*End of Adie’s P.O.V*

As Adie bent down to pick up the bags, Joey and Jakob tried to scrabble themselves back as far as possible. Luckily the drapery around the edges of the bed covered almost three quarters of their faces, giving them enough hiding space from their mother. They both stared at one another trying to mouth out words to each other without making a sound of a whisper. Joey tried to tell his younger brother through hand signals that when their mother goes into the bathroom that would be the time for them to escape. However, to their luck another person walked into the room.

Billie closed the door behind him and walked closer to his wife.

“Are the boys asleep?” Billie questioned with a curious look, he spoke quietly as to not make any noise.

“Yeah, that’s what it looks like…I thought Jakob was going to call Joey to go down and sit with all of us,” Adie replied, sitting at one end of the mattress which forced Joey and Jakob to lower their heads even further to the ground.

“That’s interesting…they must both be really tired because it’s only nine o’clock now isn’t it?” Billie asked, looking at his silver coloured Rolex wrist watch and unbuttoning his shirt getting ready for bed.

“Yes…did Mike and Tré leave?” Adie asked, getting up heading for the bathroom.

“Yep, they got bored with me,” Billie replied, grinning cheekily as he took off his pants.

Joey and Jakob were now getting more nervous and scared as they tried to think of how they would be getting out from under their parents bed without being caught. They focused on their parent’s movements as they walked around their room. Their mother finally walked in the bathroom, and shut the door. Now Joey was hoping that his dad would follow her seeing as that would be the only time they could both escape. This time unfortunately to their luck their father decided to lay down on his side of the bed and relax as he waited for his wife to join him back in bed.

All was silent in the room and nothing could be heard other then the loud trickling noises coming from the shower that Adie was still having. The boys were starting to get more and more agitated lying on their stomachs with the weight of their father pushed down against them almost pushing them face flat to the ground. They heard keys being typed above them signalling that their father was on his laptop doing his regular email check ups, or so they thought. There was no way of escaping without Billie taking notice, so they remained lying across the velvet carpet staring at each other continuing to communicate to one another through hand signals.

Adie finally finished from her shower and walked back into the bedroom, drying her self up and putting on her underwear and pyjamas. Jakob’s eyes peered beneath the drapery to take a look at what was happening. His widened as he saw his mother topless, Joey was smart enough to cover not only his eyes but Jakob’s eyes as well.

He didn’t open his eyes or remove his hand from Jakob’s face until he felt his mother come over onto the bed above them. Now all they did was listen carefully to their parent’s conversation.

“Hun, what are you doing?” Adie asked, taking a look at his laptop screen as she gently moved closer to him to snuggle up.

“I’m testing the program Mike gave me today,” Billie explained, looking over his shoulder to meet with his wife’s dark coloured eyes. He leaned in and kissed her gently on her lips, about to move away but his wife gently placed her hand behind his neck, pulling him into a deeper, seductive kiss.

The boy’s underneath gave each other disgusted looks knowing well and true what their parents were doing above them. Jakob was almost about to giggle out loudly but forced everything in him to make himself stop. Joey just shook his head and rolled his eyes thinking his parents couldn’t have chosen a better time to make out in their bed above them.
Jakob moved closer to his brother to whisper something in his ear as softly as possible.

“Can’t we leave now?” Jakob whispered, thinking his parents wouldn’t take notice of them leaving as they were too engaged into each others own mouths.

“No, don’t be stupid,” Joey replied whispering back into his brother’s ear. Jakob put on a sour, bored look and tried to pass the time by playing a silent game on his brother’s iPod.
Joey lowered his head onto his hands and tried to think of what they were going to do.

Suddenly the kissing noises their parents were making stopped, and both Joey and Jakob coincidently glanced at each other. They both scanned the room with their eyes waiting for the next thing to happen. On Jakob’s left side, their dad took the laptop off his lap and placed it on the bedside floor. Jakob shifted closer to Joey thinking his father was going to get out of bed. Nothing happened. Jakob looked back at Joey as to ask him what was going to happen and Joey only shrugged his shoulders in reply.

“Wait, wait, wait…” they heard their father mutter in laughter. He turned over to his bed and opened the drawer, shifting through what was in there. “Where are they?” Billie whispered,
loud enough for Joey and Jakob to hear. They heard their mother whisper something in return but it was muffled by her girlish laughter. Billie hopped over Adie’s side of the bed and walked over to his drawer, only to pull out the box that Jakob questioned only half an hour ago.

“Oh please no,” Joey muttered under his breath, only loud enough for Jakob to hear. He carefully lowered his head to the ground to glance at what his father was going to do, and then quickly moved back when his father walked back to the bed to continue making kissy faces with Adie.

Jakob quirked his eyebrow and nudged his brother with a questioned look upon his face waiting for him to answer.

“Jake, I don’t know if you’ll understand…but just try and keep and open mind,” Joey whispered as quiet as a mouse into his brothers little ear. He glanced back up to his brothers shiny brown coloured eyes.

“Keep an open mind for what?” Jakob replied, now confused as to what his brother meant.

“Well…I don’t know but I think they’re going to do it,” Joey answered, shaking his head negatively, thinking wether or not they should tell their parents that they’re under the bed and get in deep trouble or to just continue laying there until they were asleep to some how
silently leave and go back to their own bedrooms.

“Do what?” Jakob muttered in confusion.

“They’re going to you know,” Joey tried to answer, giving his brother a look to see if he had gotten the message. Jakob innocently enough remained in confusion and shrugged his shoulders as he shook his head negatively. “Have sex,” Joey retorted, giving up with playing mind games and telling his brother verbally.

“OH YUCK!” Jakob exclaimed, forgetting the fact that they needed to be silent.

Joey immediately covered his brother’s mouth shut. Sweat dripped down his forehead as he waited anxiously to hear their parent’s reaction.

“Did you hear that?” Adie asked, moving her head aside to temporarily stop kissing and hear the noise again.

“Hear what?” Billie answered, kissing her neck erotically, smiling as he spoke and glanced at his wife’s face. He stopped for a second and tried to remain silent to see if they could hear the noise once more.

“I think it was under the bed,” Adie whispered, looking directly at her husbands warmed up face.

With that Joey and Jakob glanced at each other in nothing but complete horror and fear. Their hearts beating faster at the thought of what their parents were going to do next.

“Hold on I’ll check,” Adie suggested, struggling out of Billie’s grip as he tried to go back to what they were both doing. She leaned over slowly, lying on her stomach as she reached down to pull the drapery up and take a look at what was underneath. Before she could take a good look, Billie pulled her back up into his embrace, his childish smile turning into a devilish grin.

“You didn’t let me look properly,” Adie pouted, as she gave in to her husband’s embrace and went back into the position they were sitting in.

“Babe, it’s nothing but your imagination,” Billie replied, continuing to caressingly kiss her sweetly around her neck.

“Yeah sure,” Adie answered, glancing at her husband’s eye’s as they smiled cheekily at one another.

Under the bed, the boys remained in the same position, whereby Joey had his right hand covered over Jakob’s mouth, the both of them trying to breathe calmly and quietly. After realising that they had just avoided their chance of getting into lots of trouble, Joey took away his hand from his brother and moved a bit to the side as to give themselves some room and space. They’re eyes and ears focused on what was going on above them. They stared at the mattress moving and squeaking above them. They could hear their parents both giggling like teenagers.

“Should we tell them?” Joey suggested looking at Jakob, giving him the option before being scarred to death.

“We can’t…I’ll get grounded…and god only knows what they’ll do to you,” Jakob replied, nervousness building up in him.

“Mmm…fine…here take this and try to tune out from what’s happening,” Joey whispered, handing him his iPod, his face turning sour at the thoughts that were running through his head.

“Wont this make noise?” Jakob whispered, turning it on to pick a song.

“Not if you keep it on low volume,” Joey answered as he adjusted the sound on his music device.

It showed how much Joey cared and loved his younger brother. After witnessing what he watched on Ryan’s PSP he knew that Jakob would most likely have trouble sleeping for the rest of his life if he were to witness his parent’s doing it above them.

Fifteen minutes passed. The bed above them moved vigorously as Adie and Billie both rocked against each other. Their moans were getting louder as if they had forgotten that they weren’t the only ones in the house.

The music idea worked and Jakob actually managed to fall asleep listening to the random songs that played into his ears. Joey now being more agitated and tired kept rolling over and changing sides, every position being more uncomfortable then the previous. He then gave up and rolled onto his left side, balancing his head by his arm as he watched Jakob’s chest gently rise up as he inhaled and exhaled the air around them. He turned over onto his back and stared up again at the mattress above him.

*Joey’s P.O.V*

“I wish they would just shut up,” I silently said to myself, covering my ears with my hands, hoping to some how fall asleep and let this all end.

“I wonder what time it is…where’s my iPod?” I asked again as I turned over to face Jakob and pull the little rectangle like figure out of his soft grip. He didn’t flinch as I took it from him, I looked at the screen to see Never too Late by Three Day’s Grace playing and I glanced up at the corner to read ‘10:55pm’. “Have we really been under here for more then two hours?” I questioned myself, looking at it again to double check that I was reading it correctly.

Mum and Dad were beginning to lower their voices and the sounds that they were making. Thank god for that because that meant that they were finished. I sighed with relief as I concentrated on what was going to happen. Suddenly mum leaned over to her bed side table and switched the lamp off.

“Are they going to sleep?” I questioned myself, feeling the urge to push myself half out and take the risk of seeing if they had actually gone to sleep. I began twiddling my thumbs, trying to think of what I was going to do.

Ten minutes had passed and it was dead silent. I could partially hear my dad snoring lightly above Jakob’s side who still remained in his deep sleep. I decided to take the risk of coming out from under the bed and raise my head just enough to see if they were really asleep. I looked at Jakob once more thinking wether or not I should inform him about what I was going to do. I changed my mind and slowly crept out from under the enormous mattress that felt as though it were crushing me. I was now lying on my stomach and quietly pushing myself up with my arms to take a peek.

“Damn, it’s too dark to see…actually that could be an advantage of them not seeing us… if we crawl out of the door that is…but the light from the corridor might cause attention to us...the only thing I’m sure of is that the door wont squeak if we open it,” I thought to myself, as I scanned the door and bed back and forth, though all I could see was pitch black, except for the very dim corridor light that peered through the bottom of the door. I managed to make out that both mum and dad were fast asleep and facing each other.

“Alright, I think my plan will work,” I encouraged myself, as I slid back under the bed to gently wake up Jakob.

“Jake…Jake wake up…we can escape now,” I whispered into his hear as I gently rocked his shoulder to get him to wake up. He quietly hummed in reply and opened his eye lids slowly.

“Is it safe?” he whispered to me, glancing up at my eyes as I stared back at him with relief, hoping that this would soon come to an end.

“Listen to me carefully…mum and dad have finally gone to sleep, we’re going to slide out from under the bed and crawl to the door without making a single sound…not even the sound of us rubbing against the carpet from our movements…when we both see it’s safe and they haven’t noticed anything I’ll slowly try and open the door knob…don’t worry it wont squeak, but we’re going to have to open it enough for our bodies to get through because the corridor light might wake them…alright?” I whispered out my idea, as I signalled with my hands what we were going to do.

“Ok…but are you sure they’re fully asleep?” Jakob questioned back, rubbing his eyes as he slowly turned over onto his stomach getting ready to leave.

“Yeah I think so,” I replied, staring at the door ahead of us. “Alright, ready to leave?” I retorted, tilting my head to the side. He shook his head in reply and we finally both crawled out from under the bed.

We crawled out from the front of the bed and slowly, we quietly crawled closer to the door. We waited momentarily to hear if anything was going to happen. It was silent, so silent I couldn’t even hear myself breathing. I got onto my knees and carefully turned the door knob, successfully opening it like how I imagined, without a single sound. I opened the door with a very slow motion as to make sure the light wouldn’t get in the room. I got Jakob to crawl out in front of me and then I managed to walk on my knees out of the room and close the door behind me without the fear of waking up mum or dad.

“Finally!” both Jakob and I praised silently, raising our hands in happiness. We could finally get onto our feet and walk to our rooms. However before going to bed we both went to the bathroom at the same time.

“I can’t believe we did that,” I spoke now at a normal tone, squeezing the toothpaste out on to my tooth brush, I grinned into the mirror as I brushed my teeth.

“I know, I thought we were done for,” Jakob replied from the toilet, flushing it and walking towards me to wash his hands and also brush his teeth.

“Jake, we both have to swear that we will not ever tell them…no matter what happens,” I informed him as I dried up my mouth with the towel.

“Yeah, yeah I know that,” he replied, rolling his eyes as the tooth paste covered the outside of his mouth.

“Well anyway I’m going to sleep so goodnight.” I said back, as I walked out the door and headed off to my bedroom.

“Ok, goodnight.” Jakob replied, also doing the same.

I fell straight onto my bed and fell asleep instantaneously, not bothering to think of what had just happened or even praying before going to sleep. I snuggled up to the pillows that I placed under my sheets earlier and shut my eyes tiredly, feeling the moon’s bright light peer through my curtains and shine brightly against my face.

I’ll consider this day to be one of the luckiest days of my life.

*End of Joey’s P.O.V*

***

Soon enough it was 7am and both Joey and Jakob didn’t even budge from their beds. They were both so tired that each one of them was actually considering to pull a sickie on their mother, but Adie was too smart for that.

“But my head hurts,” Jakob protested, his voice muffled under his sheets.

“Jake, I think we both know that you’re lying and besides you got enough sleep yesterday after both you and Joey decided to go to bed earlier then usual,” Adie replied, pulling up the covers off her son, causing him to cuddle himself up into a ball to try and stay warm.

“JOEY! Get up right now,” Adie yelled from Jakob’s room, causing both boys to cringe at the noise of her voice. Joey only muttered in reply and drifted back to sleep.

“Joey, get up now!” Billie ordered, walking into his son’s room and turning on the light.

“Oww give me five more minutes…please,” Joey pleaded, turning over onto his stomach as he sunk his face deep into his pillows.

“Not going to happen, now up you get,” his father replied, going over to him and throwing his covers onto the floor.

“This is cruel…I’m sick…my head hurts…I…I think I have a fever…I can’t speak because my throats sore,” Joey argued, rubbing his eyes as he sat up into his bed, shivering from the morning breeze that filled his room.

“Joey, the earlier you get up, the earlier you’ll get to school on time,” his father informed, he sat on the edge of his bed and scuffled his sons hair to not only annoy him but to actually wake him up.

“Stop it!” Joey exclaimed, hopping out of the bed to avoid his father from rubbing his hair again. “Why are you even up, you never wake up at this time,” Joey questioned, rubbing his eyes as he walked to his closet to pull out his shirt and pants.

“I know but today I’ve got some work to finish off and it’s better if I do it nice and early then leave it till later on,” Billie answered, walking out of his room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

“Oww I hate this,” Joey muttered out loud, as he walked quickly into the bathroom.
Fifteen minutes later the Armstrong family where downstairs having breakfast in the kitchen.

“Mum, we’re out of Cheerios,” Jakob whined, as he scuffled around in the pantry to see if he could find something else to have.

“Are you sure, there’s Coco Pops on the shelf above you,” his mother replied, packing up her children’s lunch boxes.

“Jake there’s some here,” Joey retorted from the table, holding up the box of Coco Pops.

“Adie, are Lisa and Josh going to meet us at the office today?” Billie questioned, walking over to place his coffee cup in the sink.

“Yeah, Lisa will be there around noon and Josh should be there within an hour from now,” his wife replied, taking a sip from her cup and making some toast.

“Ok…err then you can go there now if you want and I’ll drop the kids at school and go to Tré’s for a bit,” Billie spoke back, stealing one piece from the toast Adie made.

“Alright sure, then you can pay the boy’s school fee on the way,” Adie answered, packing up her bag.

“Oh can’t they wait?” Billie replied, brushing his hair with his fingers as he glanced at his boys who were watching television.

“Billie for once, it wouldn’t hurt to pay the school fee for just one time,” Adie answered, grasping her mug with both of her palms.

“Mmm…so many children…so many autographs,” Billie replied, wincing at the thought of how many times he would be signing his signature for students today.

“Get over it, it’s not every day Billie Joe Armstrong is walking between the corridors of school students who worship your band and music,” Adie retorted, throwing him one of his beanies that he loved to wear and sun glasses. She glanced up at him with a teasing grin.

“Boy’s get in the car,” Billie ordered speaking out loud, continuing to stare at his wife with apprehension. His weary facial expression quickly changed back to his spunky self. He grinned and winked as he kissed his wife on the cheek, then turned around and headed for
the garage.

“Bye mom,” the boys spoke in unison as they followed their father out, whilst they lifted their backpacks onto their shoulders.

“Cya, have fun,” Adie replied, sitting on the edge of her stool, smiling at the thought of her husband. She then washed the few dishes, closed the house and got into her car.

“Hey boys, so why did you go to sleep early last night?” their father questioned as he drove them to school. He hated the silence and the radio in the morning and so tried to make conversation with his kids.

“I was tired,” Joey simply replied, looking out the window as he watched other cars pass by.

“I…I was tired to…because when I went to go call Joey to come down stairs…he was already asleep, and I couldn’t really be bothered going back down,” Jakob lied, avoiding looking at the rear view mirror to look away from his father’s eyes.

“Mmm…okay fair enough…so Jakob how’s Ms Moutevelis been so far,” Billie questioned, changing the subject.

“Well…she’s tough and mean and the annoying part is that this is only the beginning, I’ve only been in her class for 3 days now and I’m learning to really despise her,” Jakob replied, smiling as he finished. He shook his head negatively and looked away.

“Why hasn’t she died yet,” Joey muttered under his breath.

“Oh hey come on you don’t really mean that,” Billie replied, glancing at his son on right.

“Oh yeah and she taught you when exactly?” Joey asked sarcastically, folding his arms and getting ready to get out of the car.

Billie chuckled and replied “well let’s just thank the lord that they got rid of the cane system before you both started school,” he said quirking his eyebrow as he smiled half heartedly. He parked the car and turned it off.

“Why are you coming down?” both Joey and Jakob questioned, as they unbuckled their seat belts.

“Relax, I have to pay your school fees,” their father answered, jumping out from his car. “Now, one of you take me to the head office,” he retorted, walking in the middle, Jakob on his right and Joey on his left.

“I’ll take you,” Joey offered, walking up the stairs towards the entrance of the school. They walked passed the many students that were heading towards the playground, all eyes on Billie Joe.

“OMG, it’s him!” a young girl shrieked out loud with her friends.

Joey and Billie both tried to ignore the many whispers and gossiping around them as much as possible and tried to power walk towards the main office.

“Ahh thanks buddy,” Billie said, patting his sons back as he walked into the front desk.

“Ok, bye,” Joey replied, walking out of the room just about to go to the playground to find his friends, when who should stop him but James.

“Hey Joey,” James said, slightly pushing Joey into the doorway of the office.

“Err Hey,” Joey replied, wanting to not start a conversation.

“Look I’m sorry about yesterday, I wanted to talk but I had a game to play,” James explained, fixing up his collar as he walked into the office.

“Oh, no problem it didn’t bother me,” Joey replied, glancing at his father who stood only a few footsteps away from James.

*Billie’s P.O.V*

“Good morning, I’d like to pay the school fee for my boys,” I greeted the secretary as she glanced up at me looking over her glasses.

“Good morning, Mr Armstrong let me just find your file on the computer,” she replied to me after taking a good look to make sure she knew who I was.

“Sure, no rush,” I replied, hearing a familiar voice behind me.

“Joey?” I said out loud as I turned around to see him standing on the edge of the door way, talking to a boy with light brown hair and pale skin that was standing behind me. Joey glanced up at me waiting for a response and the anonymous boy also turned around glaring at me.

“Oh my god, you’re…you’re…hell no!” the boy stuttered at me, amazement and disbelief filling up his face.

“Excuse me Mr Armstrong,” a voice behind me spoke, I turned around to see that the secretary was ready for me to pay.

“Oh, sorry here’s my card,” I apologized as I handed her my credit card. The boy walked closer to me and came to my side.

“Are you really Billie Joe from Green Day?” he questioned, continuing to stare up at me in utter shock. I turned around to see Joey walk up to us, he looked a little worried.

“Err…come on the bell’s going to ring,” Joey said to the boy, gesturing for him to walk to the playground.

“Joey, do you not realise who is standing in front of us,” the boy replied, raising his hands and pointing at me. I felt a smirk draw on to my lips as I continued to listen to their conversation, patiently waiting for Joey to tell him that I was his father and watch how the boy
would react.

“Yes…my dad and yes the lead singer and lead guitarist of Green Day,” Joey replied to him, watching his reaction. The lady handed back my credit card with a receipt, as I thanked her without glancing back, she must’ve thought I was a real ass hole for doing that, oh well.

“WHAT!” the boy exclaimed, staring at me and Joey with his eyes wide. Suddenly the bell rang and we all glanced up at the ringing migraine above our heads, waiting for it to stop.

“Come on, lets go,” Joey retorted, grabbing hold of the boys arm pushing him towards the door.

“Wait, wait, wait…please can I get your autograph,” the boy pleaded, Joey looking quite agitated.

“Sure,” I replied, forcing a grin and taking some spare paper from the secretary’s table, I grabbed hold of the pen about to write. “What’s your name?” I asked him, suddenly witnessing Joey’s eyes widening, what is with my son today. “Joey you okay?” I asked him, he glanced up at me a few seconds later nodding his head, but focused on his friend.

“James,” the boy answered, looking up at me with excitement. With that I looked instantly at Joey giving him a look of ‘is he the boy that gave you the memory card’ look, Joey slightly nodded his head, trying to make it not obvious in front of the boy.

“Is something the matter?” the boy now I knew called James questioned, looking back and forth at Joey and I. He could see something was up between me and Joey but I quickly got out of the daze I was in and replied, “No, no…here you go,” I wrote a small message of appreciation and signed it for him.

“Gee, thanks!” he exclaimed in happiness, he walked out of the room not bothering to wait for Joey.

“Geez he’ll be happy for the rest of the week,” I said out loud walking up to Joey. “So he’s the boy you told me about right?” I asked him, leaning against the edge of the door aside him.

“Y…yeah…err I’ve got to get to class, see you after,” he replied back to me, he stood up straight and about to leave when I spoke.

“Hey do you have lunch money for you and Jake?” I said quickly making up an excuse to stop him from leaving.

“Err…lunch money? Did you forget that mom always packs our lunch,” he replied, making me sound stupid.

“Oh yeah, err…Joey are you the only one that knows about James and his…you know parents?” I asked, my right hand placed on his left shoulder as I looked at him patiently.

“Dad, I’m going to be late for class…sorry,” he replied, moving away from my grip and running straight off into the corridor to get to his class room.

It was so obvious he was trying to avoid all of this from happening. I guess I should try and put this whole week behind us and forget it ever happened, because as far as I’m concerned this is by far the worst week I’ve had in a really long time.